Question on Revelations chapter 12

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apollyon

Feb 28, 2023
Sweeny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In chapters 1 thru 11 of revelations it depicts a series of events the would seem to escalate with each passing chapter. However, when reach chapter 12 about half way down you get to a prophecy that basically prophesies the whole Bible. Now I have not begun to compare this to the book of Daniel yet. And admittedly, I'm still trying to understand some things. My question is: Chapters 1 thru 11 show a series of events that escalate to chapter 12, once they reach chapter 12 history shows they repeat. Is the bible saying that or am I drawing the wrong conclusion? Because I've seen nothing yet or in history to indicate anything past chapter 12.
I'm not looking for anything but understanding of what I'm reading. I don't attend church. Too many scandals regardless of denomination to entrust my faith to them.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In chapters 1 thru 11 of revelations it depicts a series of events the would seem to escalate with each passing chapter. However, when reach chapter 12 about half way down you get to a prophecy that basically prophesies the whole Bible. Now I have not begun to compare this to the book of Daniel yet. And admittedly, I'm still trying to understand some things. My question is: Chapters 1 thru 11 show a series of events that escalate to chapter 12, once they reach chapter 12 history shows they repeat. Is the bible saying that or am I drawing the wrong conclusion? Because I've seen nothing yet or in history to indicate anything past chapter 12.
I'm not looking for anything but understanding of what I'm reading. I don't attend church. Too many scandals regardless of denomination to entrust my faith to them.
Revelation is a difficult read. Some of it has already taken place, some is yet to come. But no one is an expert on Revelation but God. So if you really want answers prayerfully seek God on the issue and maybe he'll answer you.

I have not been given an understanding of the book. Cheers.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My suggestion is to not really draw any conclusions yet, only, to read through the book a number of times, to be able to really get the flow of the different passages. I'd do the same with the book of Daniel, and Zechariah, particularly the later chapters.

The spirit of prophecy is to testify of Jesus Christ. My thought is that we should know what the prophecies say, know that very well, even if we don't understand how they all fit together. If we know what they say without a bunch of mental clutter about how it has to be this way, or that way, when it happens, we'll be more likely to recognize it.

We have Jesus' coming to Israel for our example. Many were expecting their various theories would be fulfilled, even His disciples, even at the end, Will you at this time start your Kingdom?

For myself when studying the Revelation, I look at the timing words in the text, "then . . .", and the months and days. It seems to me the Revelation describes two durations of 42 months, or 1260 days. That at the end of the first 42 months, the witnesses are killed, the Beast is given power, and Satan is cast to the earth. I think we can locate the other prophecies all in reference to this.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My suggestion is to not really draw any conclusions yet, only, to read through the book a number of times, to be able to really get the flow of the different passages. I'd do the same with the book of Daniel, and Zechariah, particularly the later chapters.

The spirit of prophecy is to testify of Jesus Christ. My thought is that we should know what the prophecies say, know that very well, even if we don't understand how they all fit together. If we know what they say without a bunch of mental clutter about how it has to be this way, or that way, when it happens, we'll be more likely to recognize it.

We have Jesus' coming to Israel for our example. Many were expecting their various theories would be fulfilled, even His disciples, even at the end, Will you at this time start your Kingdom?

For myself when studying the Revelation, I look at the timing words in the text, "then . . .", and the months and days. It seems to me the Revelation describes two durations of 42 months, or 1260 days. That at the end of the first 42 months, the witnesses are killed, the Beast is given power, and Satan is cast to the earth. I think we can locate the other prophecies all in reference to this.

Much love!
The Apostles saw Satan come down from heaven like lightning during their time. Luke 10:18.

It is not chronologically sequential. It throws in portions that have already happened. I strongly believe Babylon was the Roman city of Pompeii as it fits the description.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The bible begins with a serpent whispering lies in the ears of Adam and Eve.

This was not a one time event. Its something that happens everyday in the real world. People have lies whispered in their ears and many find those lies compelling.

Revelation 12 could describe a day in the future when men and women no longer believe the lies.

At which time the serpent/dragon could become irrelevant and be imprisoned.