Question to God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In terms of questioning God, the question of “How Do I go to Heaven” is answered by the following. Believe in Jesus Christ my friends, with faith alone and be saved permanently, as the Holy Spirit, who will continue to give you guidance and answer your questions, will be permanently in you.
John 1:29 “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!”

In terms of asking God questions, the Bible tells us that we can ask the Lord for wisdom and we can receive it.
Isaiah 54:13 "All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children"

can.of.soup — Today at 11:47 AM
Ah I see, no fighting demons. Understood I like asking sillier questions like that, they’re always good fun! Do you know, or does the bible state, what it feels like to be possessed by a demon? I feel like that’d be pretty scary.

Another couple questions I’ve had brought up in my philosophy class (which I don’t really like) is, can god draw a square circle? Bc a square needs corners and a circle cannot have corner, therefore it would be “impossible”
And
Can god create a rock so big he cannot lift it?

My answer to those would be. Why would he want to? There’s no reason to do those things, why would he waste time to try? To me it seems like a pointless question that people would use to try and shoot down Christianity and the belief of god. Another thing is, isn’t questioning god a sin? At least I’ve heard a lot of people consider it a sin. Which would make the religion unit in my philosophy class, a sin to partake in. This is where I think teaching religion in schools, or mentioning it in classes like this, is a bit iffy? Because for one, the belief of hell is so popular that most people believe that without doing research first, I know I did before meeting you, which would be spreading misinformation to people, to KIDS!!
Not to mention all the kids making fun of it :/ I had a kid that wasn’t even in my class come in during the morning and start joking about it. He kept saying he was god and how if you dare question him you’re going to hell!! And.. it wasn’t funny? But if I had said another of course I’d be hit with the “oh so you’re going to hell then!!” Or “it’s just a joke omg” which, even with proper education, I feel they would not be open to change or learning.

Also I absolutely hate when people say “it’s just a joke” to justify homophobia, transphobia, racism and pooping on religions. Because most of the time it’s not a joke? A joke is supposed to be funny that’s like, their whole thing. But you’re not being funny by saying hurtful things. This was more so just a rant about my opinions on the it’s just a joke thing lol

End quote

Ok, now it’s time for I, Harold Samson’s, response to this question. We are both believers in Christ, sealed by the Holy Spirit awaiting our day of redemption where we will be resurrected with glorified bodies. In the mean time though, while we await that day, let’s answer some questions my friends <3

You ask “Is questioning God a sin?” The Bible tells us that we can freely ask God questions, the Lord promotes in fact. If someone wants wisdom, like solutions to these questions, they can ask the Almighty Lord, and He will give them the answer.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

However, we must not tempt God, such as with this situation where Satan.

Matthew 4:1-11

5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:

‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’

and,

‘In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ”

7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ”

We can see that this is temptation due to Satan’s intention. Satan is literally engaged in an active rebellion against God. The Lord is Almighty, He can do all things which are divinely possible, therefore He does things which He pleases.’

ISAIAH 14:24, 27 The Lord Almighty has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand"... For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?

Satan is trying to stop the Lord’s plan to save everyone. If Jesus committed even one sin, the smallest one, we would be doomed. But of course, that’s impossible, since love never fails, and Jesus did not commit any sin at all.

For the religion unit in your philosophy class, it is useful to learn about other religions, even when they are false. I personally even study mythologies, like Greek, Roman, Norse, etc. There, we find the man-made of “Hell” where there’s endless torture, which is false, since Lam. 3:31 The Lord will not cast off forever.

[Post Commentary Section]
Therefore, everyone will eventually become believers in Jesus Christ and all people will be saved. Have faith alone in Christ Jesus and be saved, eventually in your own turn, you will my friend :D
John 12:32 "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Reactions: Fillan

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ISAIAH 14:24, 27 The Lord Almighty has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand"... For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?
This is an important point Harold.....but first of all we have to know what God “purposed” in the beginning, to see what will take place at the end....he tells us that no one can “thwart him”....no one can stop him from accomplishing his “purpose”.
Can you tell me what God's first purpose was?
Satan is trying to stop the Lord’s plan to save everyone.
And because mankind are free willed individuals, satan will work hard, both individually and collectively to undermine the truth, and feed people lies that appeal to them. (just as he did in Eden)

Justice demands that those who sin will pay the penalty. Jesus came to save sinners from the sins that they have committed that would normally have meant a death sentence....”the wages of sin is death”. Those who have died, no matter what sins they have committed have paid sin’s wages. But is that it? What is the hope for the living and the dead in the scriptures? Does satan win in any way? The sad answer is yes, but not in the way we might imagine. Was it a mistake to create free willed creatures? We have to understand that God has two separate families who live in two separate realms....all created with free will, or else what happened in the garden of Eden could never have taken place. So again, was it a mistake to give a gift that could be used to create so much good, but conversely, so much evil?
The answer to that lies in the command that God gave, and what it would have meant for the whole human race as well as the observing angels, if it had been obeyed.

“The tree of the knowledge of good and evil” was one of two specific trees mentioned in Genesis. The other was “the tree of life”. Man had no restriction to access “the tree of life”, only the TKGE was off limits, under penalty of death. Unless we understand the value of obedience to the Creator’s commands, we will never see the value of what God allowed to take place.

Satan was the first rebel...a once perfect angel entertained ideas about himself that were out of place and should have been dismissed as wrong. (James 1:13-15) Perfect beings have perfect mental perception and logic inherent in their being. They alone out of all of God’s creation can foresee the future through the ability to imagine an outcome. Satan knew what he was doing and carefully planned his moves to achieve his goal...and that was to separate the first humans from God. The only way to do that was to abuse his free will and to tempt the humans to do the same......he turned a precious gift into a dreadful curse. Every awful thing that has ever happens to humans was caused in some way by the abuse of free will.
If Jesus committed even one sin, the smallest one, we would be doomed. But of course, that’s impossible, since love never fails, and Jesus did not commit any sin at all.
Jesus had been with his Father since “the beginning”, so he was the one whom God knew would be completely trustworthy in remaining loyal to his God and Father, no matter what the devil attempted to do, (which is the reason why the devil even tried to tempt Jesus three times, assuming that even this perfect sinless man could be overreached like his other victims)......but he underestimated how strong Jesus’ loyalty was, and how much he loved mankind.
For the religion unit in your philosophy class, it is useful to learn about other religions, even when they are false. I personally even study mythologies, like Greek, Roman, Norse, etc. There, we find the man-made of “Hell” where there’s endless torture, which is false, since Lam. 3:31 The Lord will not cast off forever.
Do you see what God did in allowing the devil to do whatever he wanted in order to test out the human race? Satan is the author of all false religion.....you can tell it’s satan’s religion because it perpetuates all of the lies he told in the garden.
First of all, he told the woman that she “would not die”.....but humankind have been dying ever since the rebellion. How did he perpetuate that first lie? By implying that death is not really death....life continues on, in an other realm, in another form. He influences certain people to become spirit mediums in order to communicate with these 'dead' ones.....but is that really true? God forbade such practices in Israel because they were demonic. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)

What other lies does satan keep reinforcing? That knowing good and evil for yourself will be beneficial.....but has that proven to be true? When faced with the decision to do good or evil, most humans will be self serving, like the devil. Selfishness is more likely to persuade them to do evil rather than good. Also, people’s perceptions can be swayed by public opinion and a good dose of propaganda can make a whole nation support something that appears to be righteous, but is wicked in its outcome. War is one of those things.....stirred up by patriotic sentiments, most will kill their enemies at the command of their governments, but Christians have a more important Sovereign. “Thou shalt not kill” was one of the Ten Commandments.....it was a sanction against murder, which is the illegal taking of human life.....unsanctioned by God IOW.
No war in the Christian Era was ever sanctioned by God. (Matt 5:43-44) He has not sanctioned a war since Israel left their Promised Land to be exiled in Babylon, and then to disperse into the world, which God gave over to the devil. (Luke 4:5-8)
[Post Commentary Section]
Therefore, everyone will eventually become believers in Jesus Christ and all people will be saved. Have faith alone in Christ Jesus and be saved, eventually in your own turn, you will my friend :D
That’s a nice thought Harold, but not true according to scripture. Having faith means more than just "believing".....you have to have works to back up your faith.....because ”faith without works is dead”. (James 2:14-26)
Verse 19 says that “the demons believe and shudder”....so not just 'believing'.....actions speak louder than words. Jesus had both....so should we.
John 12:32 "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."
“All” the people who prove their love and loyalty to Christ by what they do, not just by what they say.....will be saved....”talk is cheap” as they say. Anyone can call themselves a Christian.....those who proved faithful to death show that they love God more than they love even their own lives.
Many translations render the Greek word pas (“everyone; all [people]”) in a way that indicates that every human will ultimately be drawn to Jesus. This idea, however, would not agree with the rest of the inspired Scriptures. (Psalm 145:20; Matt 7:13; Luke 2:34; 2 Thess 1:9)
While the Greek word literally means “all; everyone” Matt 5:11 and Acts 10:12 clearly show that it can mean "every sort" or "all sorts" of people.

God hates compromise....which we see in the sacrifices of the martyrs who refused to compromise despite being threatened with death.
They imitated their Master, Christ....faithful to the death in spite of immense suffering.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is an important point Harold.....but first of all we have to know what God “purposed” in the beginning, to see what will take place at the end....he tells us that no one can “thwart him”....no one can stop him from accomplishing his “purpose”.
God has purposed for His light to be everywhere, like how in the beginning He said "Let there be light". God = light and He desires all of creation to have this light.

```1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. ```

believing
Believing is the only thing needed for salvation.

”faith without works is dead”. (James 2:14-26)
Works are the result of salvation, the fruit, but they are not the requirement for salvation my friend :D Works salvation is false, that's the biblical truth.

Romans 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Apart from works of the law. This shows that faith is seperate from works. Faith is the seed that is planted that permanently saves a person, they cannot lose their salvation once they believe. And then after that, eventually they will bear fruit, as the tree grows, they will produce good works.

These good works are not what saves us. They are the result of being saved. They are not what causes salvation, rather they are the result of salvation. So the order is important.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God

We don't do any works to save us. It's impossible for any works to save us at all, only faith alone in Christ is what saves us. That's the truth, and the Lord of Hosts blesses you with that truth Aunty Jane my friend :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Question to God​

OP ^

Might be fine line here…of Asking God for His Understanding regarding His Word…and Asking God a question with the intent to Challenge His Power and Authority.

God Created and Made the natural born man; Very Good.

Jesus IS the intercessory for a natural born man to become Made Perfect-ED IN Christ, and thereafter that individual Have Direct Access to God to: Speak/Pray/Thank/Praise/Ask/Supernaturally Receive Answers.

A man challenging God with mindful silly questions is regarded by God as foolishness.