Questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Often I come upon scripture that greatly puzzles me; scripture I would like to get feedback from others on. I could post new threads every day. Instead of flooding the board with questions that may be easily resolved, I am creating one thread to discuss open questions.

If anyone else has scripture they want to present before the brethern for feedback yet they don't want to begin a new thread, this is the place. This thread is open to any topic; open to any scripture that causes questions.

I have a question that pertains to:

Revelation 11:8 KJV
[8] And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Why is: the great city referred to spiritually as Sodom and Egypt, then also referred to as the place our Lord was crucified? Does anyone have wisdom concerning this verse?

Last edited:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hebrews 13
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. 9 Do not be led away by diverse and strange teachings, for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, which have not benefited those devoted to them. 10 We have an altar from which those who serve the tent have no right to eat. 11 For the bodies of those animals whose blood is brought into the holy places by the high priest as a sacrifice for sin are burned outside the camp. 12 So Jesus also suffered outside the gate in order to sanctify the people through his own blood. 13 Therefore let us go to him outside the camp and bear the reproach he endured. 14 For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another question:

Revelation 10:7 KJV
[7] But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Revelation 11:15 KJV
[15] And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Any wisdom?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 13
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. 9 Do not be led away by diverse and strange teachings, for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, which have not benefited those devoted to them. 10 We have an altar from which those who serve the tent have no right to eat. 11 For the bodies of those animals whose blood is brought into the holy places by the high priest as a sacrifice for sin are burned outside the camp. 12 So Jesus also suffered outside the gate in order to sanctify the people through his own blood. 13 Therefore let us go to him outside the camp and bear the reproach he endured. 14 For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.

Thank you. It makes sense now.

Where Was Jesus Crucified

Reactions: Angelina

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is: the great city referred to spiritually as Sodom and Egypt, then also referred to as the place our Lord was crucified? Does anyone have wisdom concerning this verse?
Good question VJ. and you're doing what the Lord require. "you have not because you ask not". and this. Proverbs 4:7 "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding".

the City is Jerusalem, where the prophets was also killed. the city is spiritually called this from their sins, which occurred there scripture, Isaiah 1:9 "Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah". and Egypt, Isaiah 51:9 "Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?". Rahab here, is another name for Egypt. and the dragon is in reference to Pharaoh king of Egypt. spiritual wickedness in high places.

PS, the two witness that was killed, are, John the baptist and the Lord Jesus. this is my belief.

Peace in Christ Jesus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am watching this thread unfold..gotta go now though...I've been on here far too long today ha!
later....

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Often I come upon scripture that greatly puzzles me; scripture I would like to get feedback from others on. I could post new threads every day. Instead of flooding the board with questions that may be easily resolved, I am creating one thread to discuss open questions.

If anyone else has scripture they want to present before the brethern for feedback yet they don't want to begin a new thread, this is the place. This thread is open to any topic; open to any scripture that causes questions.

I have a question that pertains to:

Revelation 11:8 KJV
[8] And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Here's some wisdom for ya:

Revelation 11:8 Commentaries: And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Good question VJ. and you're doing what the Lord require. "you have not because you ask not". and this. Proverbs 4:7 "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding".

the City is Jerusalem, where the prophets was also killed. the city is spiritually called this from their sins, which occurred there scripture, Isaiah 1:9 "Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah". and Egypt, Isaiah 51:9 "Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?". Rahab here, is another name for Egypt. and the dragon is in reference to Pharaoh king of Egypt. spiritual wickedness in high places.

PS, the two witness that was killed, are, John the baptist and the Lord Jesus. this is my belief.

Peace in Christ Jesus
THIS IS MY BELIEF.

How about reading some experts and getting the real story?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I have, and that expert is the Lord himself.......
peace in Christ Jesus

Then why do you say
"this is my belief" in your P.S.
Aren't you sure about what Jesus told you?

Funny how those who listen to Jesus and the Holy Spirit have so much wrong...They can't seem to agree on so much.

And here I thought the Holy Spirit would lead us into all truth.
Do you think that maybe God gave us the bible and the Apostles and those who came after them to explain to us what Jesus wanted from us?

Or should we not listen to them at all?
I do wonder.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why do you say
"this is my belief" in your P.S.
Aren't you sure about what Jesus told you?
LOL, belief and opinion are not the same.
second, I'm very sure.... (smile). if you like, prove me in error, your call......:p

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have a question.

Why do some people not have any ability at all to have a conversation without having to 'challenge' everyone else about everything any person writes!! :rolleyes:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
LOL, belief and opinion are not the same.
second, I'm very sure.... (smile). if you like, prove me in error, your call......:p
I didn't even read the post.
I'm just getting tired of hearing people's OPINIONS.
I thought I came here to discuss biblical concepts, not opinions.
Maybe I still need to get used to this.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I have a question.

Why do some people not have any ability at all to have a conversation without having to 'challenge' everyone else about everything any person writes!! :rolleyes:
Because BG
I really don't care what people THINK or their OPINION of something.

What I post is backed up by scripture.
Do YOU care what I personally think about anything?
No?
Right.
I'm here to discuss, not to argue, but the discussion has to be based on fact.

And if you want to tell ME something, tell me.
Don't post anonomously.

Reactions: Job

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I have a question.

BTW,
I TRIED to have a conversation with YOU, but it's my belief you don't even know the difference between the old and new covenants since you refused to answer to it.

So, you see, you're opinion means little if it's not backed by the word of God.

Reactions: Job

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Peace in Christ Jesus
You believe John the Baptist and Jesus were the two witnesses killed?
So you believe in reincarnation??

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the bible explain itself, no need for any opinion, nor anyone interpretation. see, the book of Revelation is symbolic, unless otherwise stated. and it interprets itself. that's why I'm so sure. commentaries are only "aids". only the Holy Spirit can lead one into TRUTH. now, if you want to start to know who the two witness are in revelation, read first Zechariah chapter 4

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
the bible explain itself, no need for any opinion, nor anyone interpretation. see, the book of Revelaspirit tion is symbolic, unless otherwise stated. and it interprets itself. that's why I'm so sure. commentaries are only "aids". only the Holy Spirit can lead one into TRUTH. now, if you want to start to know who the two witness are in revelation, read first Zechariah chapter 4
I don't know.
I care not.
I don't even like revelation.
A whole lot of visions given to an old man and he's trying to explain them to us.

Like trying to understand what heaven is like.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know.
I care not.
I don't even like revelation.
A whole lot of visions given to an old man and he's trying to explain them to us.

Like trying to understand what heaven is like.
you don't like Revelation? are you saying, you don't like GOD?.

because Revelation "reveals" who God is. my...my...my. sorry to hear that.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because BG
I really don't care what people THINK or their OPINION of something.

What I post is backed up by scripture.
Do YOU care what I personally think about anything?
No?
Right.
I'm here to discuss, not to argue, but the discussion has to be based on fact.

And if you want to tell ME something, tell me.
Don't post anonomously.

I'd hardly call it anonymous my name is attached.
But you were topight to know that I mainly had you in mind.

Why do you feel so justified in challenging everyone.
You never trust that any of your brothers or sisters actually believe that they can hear from God , however much that you think they are wrong.
You may not intend to but you come across as putting down whoever you are speaking to.
This is actually a free Forum, people are free to write what they believe as also are you.
Relaxing as we all discuss is not a crime.
You often talk as if you are policing the site so you can quickly squash any idea or view that you personally don't hold.
News flash , we are allowed to post our hearts and our beliefs on this site.
We won't be muzzled just because you have a fear about who is reading this Site. That actually,
is the job of the the Admins and the Moderators do...not the members.
Let's keep the Site a friendly place, even if some of us disagree.

Reactions: jimd