Quote from Pastor Max Lucado about his stress problem

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"So, I did what came naturally. I began to drink. Not publicly. I was the guy you see at the convenience store who buys the big can of beer, hides it in a sack, and presses it against his thigh so no one will see as he hurries out the door. My store of choice was on the other side of the city lest I be seen. I'd sit in the car, pull the can out of the sack, and guzzle the liquid until it took the edge off the sharp demands of the day. That’s how 'America’s Pastor' was coping with his world gone crazy.”

Looks like the problem was his belief that alcohol itself was sin, when the scriptures teach no such thing. Because of that, his sin was indeed hypocrisy by dashing to the other side of the city to buy his beer. Maybe a 2 martini lunch in the open would have been better for him. In John chapter 2, Jesus turned 120-160 gallons of water into wine so alcohol certainly was not sin.