Radio:PROCLAIMS JESUS IS NOT GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
BIBLE 'EXPERT' PROCLAIMS: JESUS IS NOT GODJanuary 14, 2009WorldNetDaily.com reports: “A national radio show discussing Bible truth took a heated turn Christmas Eve when a so-called biblical expert proclaimed that Jesus Christ is not God.The assertion came during the Dec. 24 broadcast of the Jesse Lee Peterson Show, as Peterson had on several guests, one of whom was ‘the Bible Go-to Guy’ who emphatically declared that Jesus is not really God.‘You are breaking some serious news here on this program if you're saying that [the Bible says] Jesus Christ is not God,’ said a stunned Joe Kovacs, author of ‘Shocked by the Bible: The Most Astonishing Facts You've Never Been Told.’‘It is serious news. And He is not [God],’ responded the Bible Go-to Guy.Kovacs immediately went into a strong scriptural defense of Jesus in fact being God, citing the very first verse of the Gospel of John in the New Testament.‘I'm just reading it for the words on the page,’ said Kovacs. ‘I'm trying to get people to just look at the words on the page without throwing their own spin on things. The Bible says, 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.' I take that to mean the Word was God.’The Bible Go-to Guy responded, ‘That was a misinterpretation and it should have been 'and the Word from God.'‘He continued: ‘In Scripture, it says that the Christ is the firstborn of creation. And then also Christ said of himself, that of myself, I can do nothing without the Father. And God cannot die. Christ died. God cannot die. It's impossible. He has lived forever. He cannot die. So God cannot die and Christ can. That was his sacrifice to us.’‘This is silliness. He came as a man to die, that was His purpose – to take on our sins,’ Kovacs shot back. ‘Jesus Himself created the world. The Bible says, 'without him was not anything made that was made.'‘ (John 1:3)‘Jesus did not create the world,’ said the Bible Go-to Guy. ‘The world was created through Him. That's a difference.’‘I'm reading right out of the Bible,’ said Kovacs. ‘He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.'' (John 1:10) ‘This is stunning that 'the Bible Guy' does not know that Jesus is God. I'm more shocked than I was when I wrote 'Shocked by the Bible.'‘‘Well, we have our own version of 'Shocked by the Bible,'‘ said the Bible Go-to Guy…”