Rapper DMX dies of alleged overdose; claims Jesus was his Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapper DMX claimed Jesus was his Savior, but his fruit said otherwise. Many try to claim Jesus as Savior but they are friends of the world and still continue to fulfill the lust of the flesh. Counterfeit christianity is popular nowadays.

Jesus said:

Matthew 7
[13] Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
[17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
[18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

"American rapper and actor Earl Simmons, known by the stage name DMX or Dark Man X, died on Friday, his record label said, after he suffered a heart attack during what media reports said was a drug overdose. He was 50 years old.”

Rapper, actor DMX dies of 'drug overdose'

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this post is edifying how ?????? Good grief!!!!!

Jesus proclaimed the truth, and that is edifying. False prophets & teachers are led by the enemy and lead many down their road to damnation. Take heed, lest you fall snare to the trap too.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus proclaimed the truth, and that is edifying. False prophets & teachers are led by the enemy and lead many down their road to damnation. Take heed, lest you fall snare to the trap too.
I'm most familiar with your kind of Christian.... Of all the things you could have posted on a Blessed Sunday... you came up with a thread of condemnation.... Very sad... but seems to be filling up these forums lately.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some of the fruit that is displayed on this forum would make many question where many stand before the Lord. Do you know about this mans past, or his story......... it’s funny how many condemn the media but then use it to back up something about someone ‘ according to media ‘
He has died at a young age, he was in hospital in a critical condition for many days , so why don’t we leave it there instead of speculating.
None of us are perfect, fruit is still being perfected in some areas of all our lives.......
Rita

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addiction can be akin to hunger to an addict. It can overpower you. People make mistakes and sometimes it costs them their lives. If he loves the Lord you will see him in heaven. I would think that claiming you are a Christian is probably not that popular in the rap world.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some of the fruit that is displayed on this forum would make many question where many stand before the Lord. Do you know about this mans past, or his story......... it’s funny how many condemn the media but then use it to back up something about someone ‘ according to media ‘
He has died at a young age, he was in hospital in a critical condition for many days , so why don’t we leave it there instead of speculating.
None of us are perfect, fruit is still being perfected in some areas of all our lives.......
Rita
Sweet Barbara to the rescue....

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi addy,
My son was a fan of his, he is more gutted about his passing than Prince Phillip - he just relayed some of his story to me over a cuppa yesterday.
Rita

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi addy,
My son was a fan of his, he is more gutted about his passing than Prince Phillip - he just relayed some of his story to me over a cuppa yesterday.
Rita
I have found these forums to be toxic lately.... and that is why I bothered to make a comment on this one right as it was birthed...

People forget that there is NOT one human being who can claim to be GOOD or WORTHY... and they forget the POWER of Christ's BLOOD.

Legalism seems to be prevailing this last while and it is EXHAUSTING to say the least.

What these condemners do not realize is that they are HYPOCRITES of the worst kind... because they falsely believe that they are BETTER than.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
[24] Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
[25] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
[26] And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
[27] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
[28] And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
[29] For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites!

The Pharisees were false teachers, and we have the false teachers of today.

Jude 1
[1] Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
[2] Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
[3] Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
[4] For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
[5] I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
[6] And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
[7] Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
[8] Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addiction can be akin to hunger to an addict. It can overpower you. People make mistakes and sometimes it costs them their lives. If he loves the Lord you will see him in heaven. I would think that claiming you are a Christian is probably not that popular in the rap world.

It's Jesus or sin because one can't serve both.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Scripture does not get any plainer that this.... yet people choose to ignore the warning and false teaching gives them permission to get all puffy and arrogant.

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. ~Matthew 7:1-5

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've said my peace... time to move on... as this thread is not worthy of conversation.

Reactions: April_Rose

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture does not get any plainer that this.... yet people choose to ignore the warning and false teaching gives them permission to get all puffy and arrogant.

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. ~Matthew 7:1-5

You do understand that Jesus is NOT teaching to not judge, but not to do it hypocritically? Would you be judging by not allowing a pedophile to watch your children?

Reactions: amigo de christo

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone

John 8
[10] When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
[11] She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Romans 6
[1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
[2] God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
[3] Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Reactions: amigo de christo