• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello and welcome////

The link site you have presented is fair and balanced and thought-provoking. I go with most of it although not all areas, such as the man-made global warming, less the chem-trail atmosphere spraying that is definitely man-made. This is a deliberate attempt to alter the weather and climate - that can cause droughts...and other unintended or concealed and intended consequences.

Bless you,

APAK

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi OP.

Can you explain the title? Will there be a Rapture this year?

Thanks.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seing how the antichrist is just a concept, should not take much to destroy that concept.
The doctrine of Antichrist is based on the prophecy of Dan 7, which states quite clearly that there will be a "boastful" king.

Paul takes this to mean a "man of sin," or a "man of lawlessness."

Again, in Revelation John describes this as "the Beast," or the one who together with the False Prophet presides over the Beast Empire.

Anyway you look at it, it refers to a man. The Apostle John states, "As you have heard that Antichrist is coming, so already there have been many antichrist." John takes this from Jesus' warning that there would be "false Christs" and "false prophets." These were individuals, and not "concepts." We obviously disagree on this.

Reactions: theophilus

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The doctrine of Antichrist is based on the prophecy of Dan 7, which states quite clearly that there will be a "boastful" king.

Paul takes this to mean a "man of sin," or a "man of lawlessness."

Again, in Revelation John describes this as "the Beast," or the one who together with the False Prophet presides over the Beast Empire.

Anyway you look at it, it refers to a man. The Apostle John states, "As you have heard that Antichrist is coming, so already there have been many antichrist." John takes this from Jesus' warning that there would be "false Christs" and "false prophets." These were individuals, and not "concepts." We obviously disagree on this.
I doubt any one will agree with me, as all have set their minds firm on what they believe. Daniel was always talking about a false prophet. One who is a man of religion and political import. Since all seem to agree that this Antiochus Epiphanies did it once, then perhaps Satan resurrects this same false prophet to join him. The other Beast in Revelation 13, can only be Satan as a dragon, and a man speaking like a dragon. The third entity is the image itself which is given life by Satan to act as a false human. False prophet, false human, and Satan as a false god/antichrist. The false prophet is the false holy spirit. The false man/image of is the false Adam and Christ. Satan himself as a false God.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt any one will agree with me, as all have set their minds firm on what they believe. Daniel was always talking about a false prophet. One who is a man of religion and political import. Since all seem to agree that this Antiochus Epiphanies did it once, then perhaps Satan resurrects this same false prophet to join him. The other Beast in Revelation 13, can only be Satan as a dragon, and a man speaking like a dragon. The third entity is the image itself which is given life by Satan to act as a false human. False prophet, false human, and Satan as a false god/antichrist. The false prophet is the false holy spirit. The false man/image of is the false Adam and Christ. Satan himself as a false God.

I only disagree with you because of the evidence I've shown you. And many, many Christians in history have understood this to be the case, that Antichrist will be a *man.* The image of the Beast is not said to be a man. But the Beast and the False Prophet are clearly explained. Rev 17 makes it clear that the Beast is an Empire in which the "8th king" is a king over 7 other kings--3 have been defeated, according to Dan 7.

Satan certainly is the inspiring spirit behind the Antichrist. Antiochus 4 is a prophecy that interestingly appears to make him a kind of foreshadowing of Antichrist, but is not himself the Antichrist, obviously. Antichrist appears in Dan 7, but Antiochus 4 appears in Dan 8 and 11. Both Antichrist and Antiochus 4 are insinuated in the concluding comments of the book in Dan 12.

The point is, we shouldn't conflate Antiochus 4 with the Antichrist. They are similar, but different. But significantly, both represent a "man."

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only disagree with you because of the evidence I've shown you. And many, many Christians in history have understood this to be the case, that Antichrist will be a *man.* The image of the Beast is not said to be a man. But the Beast and the False Prophet are clearly explained. Rev 17 makes it clear that the Beast is an Empire in which the "8th king" is a king over 7 other kings--3 have been defeated, according to Dan 7.

Satan certainly is the inspiring spirit behind the Antichrist. Antiochus 4 is a prophecy that interestingly appears to make him a kind of foreshadowing of Antichrist, but is not himself the Antichrist, obviously. Antichrist appears in Dan 7, but Antiochus 4 appears in Dan 8 and 11. Both Antichrist and Antiochus 4 are insinuated in the concluding comments of the book in Dan 12.

The point is, we shouldn't conflate Antiochus 4 with the Antichrist. They are similar, but different. But significantly, both represent a "man."
I agree, they are the false prophet. As the other "man" is Satan himself. If you deny Satan is not in the picture you have missed the whole Satan adversary part of all history. Perhaps Satan wants you to think Satan is not real or leading the pack, I am not sure. But Revelation mentions the dragon too many times to think Satan is not in Revelation 13.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, they are the false prophet. As the other "man" is Satan himself. If you deny Satan is not in the picture you have missed the whole Satan adversary part of all history. Perhaps Satan wants you to think Satan is not real or leading the pack, I am not sure. But Revelation mentions the dragon too many times to think Satan is not in Revelation 13.
Yes, Satan is part of it. Nothing could be clearer than Rev 12 and the sign of the great Dragon, who is also called the Serpent and Satan.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Satan is part of it. Nothing could be clearer than Rev 12 and the sign of the great Dragon, who is also called the Serpent and Satan.
Some claim the beast on the land in Rev.13 is the antichrist. It is Satan himself, speaking as a dragon. Getting past the point of antichrist is getting past the point of Satan's deception. Satan as a man has been in the form of a man with two horns like a Lamb since around 500 BC. If any one had read CS Lewis, Narnia series, the faun that greets the children is Satan. I am not sure if CS Lewis was aware or not. Peter Pan is also a player of the musical instrument but minus the horns. The name pan though is clearly given. The pied piper is another child's tale where Satan steals children away because their parents refused to pay Satan for his services. But Satan deceives us as children and we grow up as hardened adults. It is not that we have not been warned. We have passed up those warnings as fairy tales. It has also been claimed that the early roman church killed any Christians who tried to warn the church about Pan. The apostate church knows who Pan is, and they kept the deception going. Who exactly is going to finally admit it, will be the false prophet himself. They have been friends before in ancient Greece. They will be friends again.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some claim the beast on the land in Rev.13 is the antichrist. It is Satan himself, speaking as a dragon. Getting past the point of antichrist is getting past the point of Satan's deception. Satan as a man has been in the form of a man with two horns like a Lamb since around 500 BC. If any one had read CS Lewis, Narnia series, the faun that greets the children is Satan. I am not sure if CS Lewis was aware or not. Peter Pan is also a player of the musical instrument but minus the horns. The name pan though is clearly given. The pied piper is another child's tale where Satan steals children away because their parents refused to pay Satan for his services. But Satan deceives us as children and we grow up as hardened adults. It is not that we have not been warned. We have passed up those warnings as fairy tales. It has also been claimed that the early roman church killed any Christians who tried to warn the church about Pan. The apostate church knows who Pan is, and they kept the deception going. Who exactly is going to finally admit it, will be the false prophet himself. They have been friends before in ancient Greece. They will be friends again.

I'm not concerned about Pan, but about all the false religions and fables that seem to approve of evil, deceiving men. I see nothing wrong with focusing on Pan or on any particular figure that Satan may use. However, stories can sort of obscure things, and I prefer truth and doctrine.

The truth is, fables and stories can be used for either good or evil. If they're written by pagans, they can still include some good instruction, but they will have to view the world in a corrupt way. Their characters will reflect this reality.

Antichrist, or the Beast, is a king who reigns over an empire. Both are called "the Beast." it's an extension from Dan 7 and the 4th Beast. It is represented, in Dan 2, by 2 irons legs, eventually leading up to 10 kings, 3 of which fall. The Antichrist is an emperor who rules over them all.

Satan is a fallen angel, and rules over angels who have determined to follow him in their independence from God. Satan had dragged men down with him, who also choose to live independent of God.

Satan will endow the Man of Sin with all of his power, to deceive men and to lead men into the abyss of lawlessness. This will lead to international judgment at the Coming of Christ.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where are they escaping to, under the earth?

But we are not told where the lake of fire is, so how can you say that it is under the earth?

All that we know is that the second death consumes the death that comes from sin.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we are not told where the lake of fire is, so how can you say that it is under the earth?

All that we know is that the second death consumes the death that comes from sin.
The super rich in the OP. They are planning an escape according to the OP. They cannot go to heaven, so the other option is under the earth. I am unclear what they are supposed to be escaping.