Rapture, Prophecy, Church, and the Nation of Israel- Last Generation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

joegreen

Oct 3, 2016
"When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth... and He will show you things to come" (John 16:13).
Israel became a nation in 1948.
Last generation beginning in 1948?
Will many of those born after 1948 see the Rapture?
Keep in mind the life span of a man in 70 years.
Psalm 90:10 "The days of our years are threescore and ten."

It took Noah 120 years to build the Ark, the Ark is a type and shadow of the Church.
A.J. Tomlinson became leader of the Church in 1903, died in 1943- 40 years as leader. Moses, God's leader of the children in the wilderness- 40 years.
3 - 40 year generations = 120 years
1903 to 2023 = 120 years

A generation is 40 years. (Hebrews 3:9-10)(Numbers 32:13)
No man knows the day or the hour of the Rapture (Matthew 24:36)
NOTE: A day nor the hour has not been noted here as to the Lord's return.

-Some thoughts by Joe Green-
It makes a lot of sense to believe or say those born between 1948 and 1988 will see the Rapture.
It makes a lot of sense to believe or say some over the age of 70 will see the Rapture.
It is possible we could see the Rapture as early as 2018, do the math, 1948 + 70 = 2018.
It is possible the Rapture will be no later than 2023, do the math, 1903 + 120 years = 2023.
It makes a lot of sense to believe or say we will not know the day nor the hour as to the Lord's return. However, we should know close to the year.

Last edited:

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
joegreen said:
"When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth... and He will show you things to come" (John 16:13).
Israel became a nation in 1948.
Last generation beginning in 1948?
Will many of those born after 1948 see the Rapture?
Keep in mind the life span of a man in 70 years.
Psalm 90:10 "The days of our years are threescore and ten."

It took Noah 120 years to build the Ark, the Ark is a type and shadow of the Church.
A.J. Tomlinson became leader of the Church in 1903, died in 1943- 40 years as leader. Moses, God's leader of the children in the wilderness- 40 years.
3 - 40 year generations = 120 years
1903 to 2023 = 120 years
A generation is 40 years. (Hebrews 3:9-10)(Numbers 32:13)
No man knows the day or the hour of the Rapture (Matthew 24:36)
NOTE: A day nor the hour has not been noted here as to the Lord's return.

-Some thoughts by Joe Green-
It makes a lot of sense to believe or say those born between 1948 and 1988 will see the Rapture.
It makes a lot of sense to believe or say some over the age of 70 will the see the Rapture.
It is possible we could see the Rapture as early as 2018, do the math, 1948 + 70 = 2018.
It is possible the Rapture will be no later than 2023, do the math, 1903 + 120 years = 2023.
It makes a lot of sense to believe or say we will not know the day nor the hour as to the Lord's return. However, we should know close to the year.
Don't you'll (rapturist)teach that this event can happen at anytime?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n2thelight said:
Don't you'll (rapturist)teach that this event can happen at anytime?
I believe the rapture is imminent, or can happen at anytime.

Stranger

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've said it before..... We shouldn't focus so much on trying to figure it out. You dont get brownie points or a gold star with Jesus for being the closest to the date without going over. (Its not the price is right) Instead, focus on your work here on earth for Christ. Thats what we are called to do, not guess the date of His return.

Even when Christ was still on Earth He was saying it was the last days.... 2,000 years ago. Time is nothing to Christ. Just be ready in the event of.

Reactions: Josho

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is puzzling to me, but it seems there is a lot of tremendous antagonism against the 'rapture' doctrine among Christians these days. I'm not sure why. Maybe because it is part of the dispensational teaching of Scripture, which I find is also greatly disliked. But I don't understand that either.

Did not Daniel study the Scriptures to understand the prophecy of Jeremiah concerning the 70 year captivity?

Daniel 9:2 " In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem. "

And was not an angel sent immediately from God to give him understanding?

Daniel 9:21-22 " Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation. And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding."

Why would God have sent an angel if He was not pleased with Daniels efforts to know?

And didn't Jesus Christ imply that Israel should have known the day in which their Messiah was to come?

Luke 19:41-42 " And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. "

My point here is to say it is beneficial to study about the last days and try and understand what God has revealed in His Word to us. It is not a waste of time and I believe God is pleased in that.

Stranger

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Stranger, While I don't agree with the imminent, pre-trib outlook, you are correct in that God does promise His blessings for those who are awake and aware of the latter days schedule. Rev. 1:3 - "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trekson said:
Hi Stranger, While I don't agree with the imminent, pre-trib outlook, you are correct in that God does promise His blessings for those who are awake and aware of the latter days schedule. Rev. 1:3 - "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."
Howdy, and that is no problem. And may that blessing be yours.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n2thelight said:
How,from ur stand point?
I'm not sure what you'r asking? The 'how' is always from God. And I believe it can happen at any time.

Stranger

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Stranger said:
I'm not sure what you'r asking? The 'how' is always from God. And I believe it can happen at any time.

Stranger
The how is that Christ gave all the signs that will and must happen before His return.So how can it be imminent...

Also at what point in time did it become imminent,meaning at what point in time from where He died on the cross could He had returned?

Could He have returned before He told Peter how he would die?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n2thelight said:
The how is that Christ gave all the signs that will and must happen before His return.So how can it be imminent...

Also at what point in time did it become imminent,meaning at what point in time from where He died on the cross could He had returned?

Could He have returned before He told Peter how he would die?
I don't see Christ's second coming the same as the rapture.

The rapture is imminent in that no prophecy needs to be fulfilled for it to occur.

How could He return when He hadn't left?

Stranger

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Stranger said:
I don't see Christ's second coming the same as the rapture.

The rapture is imminent in that no prophecy needs to be fulfilled for it to occur.

How could He return when He hadn't left?

Stranger
After His death on the cross,at what point did His return become imminent?

And who was Matt 24 written to?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n2thelight said:
After His death on the cross,at what point did His return become imminent?

And who was Matt 24 written to?
As I said, the rapture is imminent in that no prophecy need be fulfilled in order for it to occur. And as I indicated before, He had to leave first.

I believe Matt. 24:4-28 speaks to the Jews during the Tribulation.

Stranger

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Stranger said:
As I said, the rapture is imminent in that no prophecy need be fulfilled in order for it to occur. And as I indicated before, He had to leave first.

I believe Matt. 24:4-28 speaks to the Jews during the Tribulation.

Stranger
Okay let's put it this way,after He left when did His return become imminent?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n2thelight said:
Okay let's put it this way,after He left when did His return become imminent?
I would say once Christ left, then the rapture was imminent, in that no prophecy need be fullfilled for it to occur.

Stranger

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Stranger said:
I would say once Christ left, then the rapture was imminent, in that no prophecy need be fullfilled for it to occur.

Stranger
Acts 1:4 "And being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, "which" , saith He, "ye have heard of Me."

So He could have returned before they received the Holy Spirit?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n2thelight said:
Acts 1:4 "And being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, "which" , saith He, "ye have heard of Me."

So He could have returned before they received the Holy Spirit?
Once He left, the promise of the rapture was in place in that no prophecy need be fulfilled in order for it to occur.

Stranger

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Stranger said:
Once He left, the promise of the rapture was in place in that no prophecy need be fulfilled in order for it to occur.

Stranger
So their receiving of the Holy Spirit is not considered a prophecy?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n2thelight said:
So their receiving of the Holy Spirit is not considered a prophecy?
The coming of the Holy Spirit upon Israel is prophetic.

Stranger