Rapture, Will There Be One?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I start this thread for a discussion among our newer members that were not present on the other discussions we have had on this subject.So that they may weigh in on the subject.It is our contention that the rapture of the church does not exist in Gods word, Most rapture theory is based on 1 Thess, but this was an misunderstanding by the church in Thessalonian that was quickly corrected by Paul in his second letter (2nd thessolonians) The main reason for sending this letter was to correct the misunderstanding brought about when his first letter come into the hands of false teachers who had come into the church. That confusion was concerning the time and events preceding the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. So using 1 Thess.as proof of the rapture is an error. Eze 13:20 says God is against this teaching:Ezekiel 13:20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows,wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly,and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly. Why? Because he wants us to be prepared for what will happen so we will know and understand so as not to be fooled by Satan and his cohorts.Unfortunately many of the teachers,preachers and churches of today do not teach what is coming instead teach that you are going to fly out of here.This is teaching of men not God. There is only one time we will all be changed at the seventh trump after Christ returns and not before.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Praise God ! you are right Kendal and he is giving us plenty of warning to prepare for the five months ... I beleive it is close upon us ..the time of the locust is a earthly happening from May to September... and we are in the end of April now....

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I agree that there is no PRE-tribulation rapture...nor a 7-year tribulation...because the bible has said it was shortened... but the 5 month thing...is it happening this year?...Sounds like I need to Re-read the book of Revelation again.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(thesuperjag;9606)
I agree that there is no PRE-tribulation rapture...nor a 7-year tribulation...because the bible has said it was shortened... but the 5 month thing...is it happening this year?...Sounds like I need to Re-read the book of Revelation again.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.
I might suggest reading "The Apocalypse" by E.W. Bullinger, D.D. as part of your study of Revelation. http://www.electforum.com/board/forum15/504.htmlDownload: The Apocalypse.pdf

Bamp;#39;midbar

Apr 5, 2007
I think the right idea is to be prepared. I don't believe in the rapture. I do believe in the Second Coming. We ought to be faithful. Here is a suitable encouragement to that.
2 Pet 3:14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless,

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Writer You are such a stickler for scripture telling us to show you in Gods word I dare you to show scripture where there is rapture

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
That's bull you know you cant there is no rapture in Gods word I know it and you know it. Its speculation and men's teaching. You have told us you cant understand Gods word, unless we show you exact scripture, When we do, you say that's not what it means or it wasn't written to us. But you have a belief that is based strictly on men's speculation/a theory not Gods word and that's acceptable.Seems rather hypocritical to me.If you think you have scripture to prove otherwise please share it.

Goshen

May 2, 2007
I am amazed at the lack of respect this subject bringsto the fore. The Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth.We as believers are the very Body, the Bride of Christ.The spirit of offence is not from God. Some believersthru their prayerful reading of Scripture believe thatGod would suffer his Bride to the very wrath that willbe poured out without measure on an unrepentantworld. I prefer to believe that God will remove herfaithful before the man of "sin" is revealed and theworld goes through a time of trouble like it has neverexperienced before, even Jacob's trouble.Goshen

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
There is no rapture in Gods word Goshen It is the lies of men that lead Gods people astray that makes us angry as it does Gods if you read Ez.13:2o at the top of the front of this web site you will see God is against those that teach his children that they will fly away. Why is God against this because it leaves his people vulnerable to the Antichrist and Satan's lies As they are not taught what to prepare for and will be fooled by the great delusion that will come. We are not angry at you or those that are truly confused.In fact we would happily answers any questions you or others have. We do not have much patience with those that purposly twist Gods word, and try to mislead those who truly want to hear the word of God.II John 10 "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:"II John 11 "For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
GoshenQuote"............world goes through a time of trouble like it has neverexperienced before, even Jacob's trouble."ReplyThe time of trouble is the deception of satan pretending to be ChristChristains have been tortured through out history that is nothing newwhat does satan gain by killing your body? nothing!he wants your soul to join his in the lake of firewhy do you think Christ said to fear not those who are able to kill your body?the rapture theory is a very dangerous doctrine,that could cost you your very soulI can't understand for the life of me why some Christians want to fly away when the going gets toughWhat do you think is the purpose of the Gospel Armour?Its so you can be able to take that stand and be ready to do battle with satan and his army of misfits.You must be ready to endure till the end,not runaway like a bunch of whimps

HeatherLeigh7

Mar 22, 2007
I'd rather be here to stand against Satan. Stand for Christ and not fly away.
smile.gif

Sean A.

May 9, 2007
Thanks for opening this up to the newbies. I guess it's time for me to jump in!Rev. 9:20-2120 But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk. 21 And they did not repent of their murders or their 6sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts.This verse implies that all (or the rest) of mankind that were left alive still didn't repent of their evil ways. To whom is this referring? I don't think it is Christians. So they (Christians) have to be gone before this verse takes place. This verse happens to be BEFORE the 7th Trumpet. How can this be if we (Christians) go after the 7th trumpet. Would Jesus (written by John) be talking this way about us (Christians)? If He is, I'm a little concerned.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(HeatherLeigh7)
I'd rather be here to stand against Satan. Stand for Christ and not fly away.
(SwampFox)
Amen to that Heather! I feel the same way!
Amen! Put on the Gospel Armour...and get ready to fight.I Timothy 6:12 - Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
smile.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Glad you jumped in Sean A see it didn't even hurt:)Rev 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:Notice this says the rest of the men who were not killed and did not repentIt does not say everyone in the whole world didnt repent. It is not talking about Christains as you rightly said.But it also does not say anything about Christains being gone.It is simply saying that of those who are left, that follow Satan, still did not repent of their ways.

Sean A.

May 9, 2007
No, it doesn't say Christians but it does imply that the only men left alive needed to repent but they didn't. If Christians needed to repent for the things listed in verses 20 and 21 (worshipping demons and idols, murders, sorceries, immorality, and thefts) then I would really re-think what the meaning of Christian is. I don't think Jesus would include Christians with those that practice such things. Do you?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. Note that the oppositive sets off the context. It's the rest of the men who did not accept God. For example, the 5th seal in the same chapter: Revelation 9:4And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. That context carries over. Those who have the seal are still there and they are not included in the lump of the unbelievers.

Status
Not open for further replies.