Rapture = WW111= Apocalypse=Armageddon= Jesus Returns= Millennium=Eternity with God!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reactions: bbyrd009

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the signs Jesus named to look for just before His return are here today!!! Are you ready to meet Jesus as your Lord and Savior OR as your final Judge??
The end days could not have started before our generation as the HUGE sign of the end days was Israel (God's fig tree)becoming a nation again after 2000 years May 14,1948 and Israel regaining control of Jerusalem July 1967 the generation that sees these signs will not pass away before the return of Jesus!! The only question is =how many years is a generation? some say aprox.52 years, some say 70 years some say 120 years because Moses lived to be 120 years old. I like the 52 years for a generation !!! So 1967 + 52 =2019 =the return of Jesus yet today or before the end of 2019 "if" there has been no calendar error!! PTL Are you ready?? Come quickly Lord Jesus!!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All the signs Jesus named to look for just before His return are here today!!! Are you ready to meet Jesus as your Lord and Savior OR as your final Judge??
The end days could not have started before our generation as the HUGE sign of the end days was Israel (God's fig tree)becoming a nation again after 2000 years May 14,1948 and Israel regaining control of Jerusalem July 1967 the generation that sees these signs will not pass away before the return of Jesus!! The only question is =how many years is a generation? some say aprox.52 years, some say 70 years some say 120 years because Moses lived to be 120 years old. I like the 52 years for a generation !!! So 1967 + 52 =2019 =the return of Jesus yet today or before the end of 2019 "if" there has been no calendar error!! PTL Are you ready?? Come quickly Lord Jesus!!

There in lies your problem. You have taken the Greek word "γενεὰ" and applied the meaning of "a descendant generation" whereas this same Greek word is used in Genesis 15:16 in the LXX as the translation of the Hebrew word "וְד֥וֹר", "wə·ḏō·wr" which only occurs twice in the OT according to the Biblehub.com, which tells us that this Hebrew word also occurs in Ecc 1:4. If we say, that Isaac, the first descendant of Abraham, was born in 2052 BC and the descendants of Abraham returned to the land of Canaan in 1948, then the time span is around 4,000 years. If this is the case, then a generation is more likely to be around 1,000 years in length than it is to be around 70, 80, 90, 100, 110 or 120 years in length.

I agree that Christ did indicate when the Millennium Age would begin with the Parable of the Fig Tree budding, but this parable is very dependant on the length of time of the Early or late spring. If an early spring is associated with the budding of the leaves of the fig tree, then the length of time between the leaves budding and the beginning of the Summer Season could be up to around 100 days which can then be considered to represent a 100 year duration. If, on the other hand, a Late spring occurs, then the length of time between the fig tree's leaves budding and the beginning of the Summer Season could be as short as 80 years in duration.

Because of this uncertainty of when the Fig Tree's leaves bud, around the time of the start of the Spring Season, all that we can be certain of is that the Millennium Age will begin in around 10-30 years from this present time.

A better indicator of when the Millennium Age begins, is when Christ comes for His Bride, a redeemed Israel, at the beginning of the Millennium Age. Israel will be redeemed when the 2,300 year time span of the heathen Gentiles trampling the sanctuary in Jerusalem Daniel 8:14 is fulfilled, Romans 11:25-26, when the Kings of the earth goes up to Armageddon Revelation, 16:12-16, to be judged, Isaiah 24:21-22, and Christ comes out to do battle with the Kings of the Earth, Revelation 19:11-16, and Israel, sitting on the sideline, in the grandstand so to speak, decide to seek the Warring King's terms of peace as Jesus suggested in Luke 14:31-32 parable.

So when Jesus was speaking of "this generation," in Matthew 24:34, he was referring to the length of time of the next age, which man has labelled as the "Millennium Age," when many of the things that He had spoken about would occur before the heavens and the earth would pass way but that His words would not pass away.

Has the sign of the Armies of the Kings of the world assembling together at Armageddon occurred yet? Revelation 16:12-16 has partly been fulfilled, but the drawing of the Kings of the earth to assemble their armies at Armageddon is presently being work out and it is a near future event within the next 10-30 years.

Presently we are in the time of Jacob's tribulation troubles of the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers during the first two ages of Israel's existence is still being visited upon their children and their children's children in the third and the fourth (age) which still has around 10-30 years yet to run before it is complete.

The above, is why I asked the question, "Really, are you sure you have it right yet?", because we have had people suggesting that the year of the end of this present age will occur going back to the early 1900's up and including the latest time of 2018. How many times did Harold Camping predict the year in which this present age would end?

If I focus on the rapture, the escape "clause" for being refined, then I will not be focused on the work that Christ has for me to do as set out in Isaiah 58 which tells us that when the Sabbath Day for all of mankind comes, that we will enter into that "Day of the Lord/Age" and that we must do all the things that keep it Holy.

Many of the rapturist people believe that they can do that by lording over the peoples of the earth when they "return with the Lord to rule over the people of the earth." What I do not hear is a servants heart in their theological understanding of the end days.

Shalom

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says==Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Matthew 24:34 In context what generation? answer== the generation that sees ALL the signs Jesus had just named!==Our generation IS that last generation. PTL.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus says==Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Matthew 24:34 In context what generation? answer== the generation that sees ALL the signs Jesus had just named!==Our generation IS that last generation. PTL.

Really, do a little more research and then tell me that you are right based on the scriptures that you reference in your apologetic response with your explanation as to why your understanding is right.

IMHO your understanding of what Jesus said in Matthew 24:34 is not based on the actual Greek text. Sadly many people have accepted this expressed opinion on what this verse means as being right. In my apologetic response to your post I laid out many of the events that need to unfold for the Millennium Age to begin and also why we will enter into the Millennium Age to be refined.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do you expect to go up in the very near rapture or will you be left behind???

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So do you expect to go up in the very near rapture or will you be left behind???

I asked you to provide the proof that the Greek word translated as "this Generation" means a descendant generation or whether it has a different understanding such as I have suggested In my post above I demonstrated that the Generation in the LXX of Genesis 15:16 is the same as in Matthew 24:34 and that the understanding gained from Genesis 15:16 is that the length of a "generation/age" in GENESIS 15:16 spans approximately 1,000 years. So based on that understanding and your logic that we should add the length of the time span of a generation/age as found in Matthew 24:34 to 1948, then we can expect that the rapture as you are anticipating it will not occur until around the year 2948. However, even that date is probably to soon as well. I would anticipate that the time of the Great White Judgement will occur 4,000 years after Solomon's Temple was dedicated and God's presences filled the temple at that time. My understanding that that will not occur until around the year 3076. But that is a calculated estimate on my part which I believe is reasonably accurate.

The rapture does not occur until Christ comes to Judge the peoples of the earth and that occurs in Rev 20 after Satan is thrown into the Lake of Fire with the Beast and the False Prophet, i.e. the little horn.

Now to answer your question, "Do you expect to go up in the very near rapture?" The answer is no. Nor will I be left behind because no one else is being raptured in our near future, either. We will all enter the Millennium Age together, though, some will have lots of egg on their faces

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why be left behind on rapture day??? God Removes His People before His Judgement falls on evil sin lovers!!
Wonderful Truth of the Very Near Rapture (Catching Up of All Believers)!! Those Who Died in Christ ===1 THESS. 4:13-18 NASB
13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Thenwe who are alive and remain will be ""caught up"" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.===caught up "is" the rapture!!
1 Corinthians 15:51-58 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, “Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; 57 but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself. Philippians 3:20-21

God Removes His People before His Judgement falls on evil sin lovers!!
God removed Righteous Noah and his family and shut them up in the ark for their protection before the great flood that destroyed all evil sin loving people.
God removed Righteous Lot and his family from Sodom before God destroyed Sodom.
Jesus will rapture (catchup) all righteous in Christ believers before the judgment of the great tribulation!!! PTL. Will you meet Jesus in the clouds as your Lord and Savior or as your final Judge?? You get to choose!!!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

either that, or you don't have a clue to what He meant by what He said will happen.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@GISMYS_7

In Revelation 20 the only people who are resurrected at the beginning of the Millennium Age are all of the righteous Saint who have lost their heads, all the other dead do not arise until after Satan has been thrown into the Lake of Fire, over a 1,000 years later.

Now unless you will have lost your head by then, you will not be raised up at the very beginning of the Millennium Age. Fact. You will have to wait for the second resurrection of the dead. Fact.

The main problem with your pet theory of the near rapture where you will be spared the judgement that falls on evil sin lovers is that the Saints living in Jerusalem towards the very end of the Millennium Age will be encircled by Satan's army when he comes to establish himself as a deity in the holy place, Mt. Zion. This is all part of the Great Tribulation and it happens towards the very end of the Millennium Age. What we are seeing at the moment is the Tribulation of Jacob's troubles.

The Bible is very clear that Christ comes fleetingly at the very beginning of the Millennium Age to Judge the Kings of the Earth and their armies who have gone up to the place known as Armageddon to strike at the very end of the 2,300 years of the Heathen Gentiles trampling the Sanctuary of God to stop the nation of Israel from building the third/fourth/fifth Temple from being built. (The Jewish people have made at least two previous attempts to build a New Temple at Jerusalem, but the previous two attempts failed to finish or even start.

Christ also tells us that He will come fleetingly for His bride Israel at the beginning of the Millennium Age, but Christ did not tell us that He would be coming for the Gentile Christians at the beginning of the Millennium Age but rather, the scriptures inform us that this will occur at or towards the very end of the Millennium Age and will include all of the Saints that Call Jesus Lord and truly worship Him.

Now unless you can prove otherwise that this furphy is true, then your challenge about being left behind in the near future is nothing more than a lot of hot air uttered by very misguided people.

You did make a very true statement when you said that Christ will rapture people when He come but His coming is at the end of the Millennium Age, which is in our distant future and not in our near future.

If you can prove contrary to this understanding, then I am willing to change. If you cannot are you willing to change your believe system.