Real Godly Wives Submit To Their Husbands

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dec 28, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Godly-wives-trust-God-1.jpg

Submitting to your husband is an act of obedience to God’s word. ⁠

Ephesians 5:22 – Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.⁠

Colossian 3:18 – Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.⁠

1 Peter 3:1-6 – Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. ⁠

A wife who is respectful and submissive to her husband is of great worth to God. ⁠

3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.⁠

A woman who is not afraid to obey God and submit to her husband is virtuous and priceless in her husband’s eyes.⁠

Proverbs 31:10 – Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.⁠

Reactions: Wynona

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post in particular is TRUTH .
But your rape post was bad news . For while you are correct that the woman should not defraud the husband
ITS ALSO SAID the man should not defraud HIS WIFE either .
You seem to be one sided on some things . And lets not forget
that forced sex or rape , AINT LOVING THE SPOUSE as JESUS LOVED THE CHURCH .
If a wife refuses her husband , YES that is wrong , SO TOO is it if the husband refuses , aka defrauds his wife .
YOU Seem to be very one sided , like a man who seeks TO BE SERVED . AND YET JESUS , MASTER OF ALL , came as one who served . .
LETS TRY and REMEMBER THAT ONE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Real godly wives submit to real godly husbands. :cool:
They submit to ungodly ones as well . So long as what they are being told TO DO , does not dishonor GOD .
That is where the line must be drawn . IF an ungodly husband , for example
were to ask his wife to sleep with others , NO SIR , that is wicked evil . However they submit to even the ungodly
SO long as the command is not an UNGODLY command .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Real godly wives submit to real godly husbands. :cool:
Well said. It's no hardship submitting to a man who loves you as Christ loves the Church. But it suits many men to forget that bit. And this Amos Ministries thinks it's okay for a husband to rape his wife.

Reactions: Truman

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see a weird pattern being formed. I've seen 3-4 posts on this same subject, which makes me think someone has an axe to grind.

Fine! No problem! Yes I absolutely agree that the wife should submit to a husband. It actually can be a beautiful thing. But I will say... A wife's first loyalty shouldn't be to her Husband!

I could and should explain, but it is much more fun to let that thought stew!

Reactions: marks

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post in particular is TRUTH .
But your rape post was bad news . For while you are correct that the woman should not defraud the husband
ITS ALSO SAID the man should not defraud HIS WIFE either .
You seem to be one sided on some things . And lets not forget
that forced sex or rape , AINT LOVING THE SPOUSE as JESUS LOVED THE CHURCH .
If a wife refuses her husband , YES that is wrong , SO TOO is it if the husband refuses , aka defrauds his wife .
YOU Seem to be very one sided , like a man who seeks TO BE SERVED . AND YET JESUS , MASTER OF ALL , came as one who served . .
LETS TRY and REMEMBER THAT ONE .

One of the toughest topics for me. So confused by it. I did read all the post made by the OP including why men or women cheat which is now locked.

There seems to be a consistent message of ‘as thyself’ and ‘as your own body’ Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Ephesians 5:18-22 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; [19] Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; [20] Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; [21] Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. [22] Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Ephesians 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Sounds similar to Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

What is so confusing is fulfilling ‘duty’ or debt toward one another that you do not deprive another in 1 Corinthians 7:3-4 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. [4] The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

1 Corinthians 7:3 Lexicon: The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband.

The husband must fulfill a Duty (a debt) to his wife, and the wife a Duty (a debt) to her husband.

Yet in another scripture concerning wife and husband referring to them as co-heirs of grace together that your prayers not be hindered.1 Peter 3:7-8 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. [8] Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

Is there ‘a debt’ ‘a duty’ in grace? Again, 1 Corinthians 7:3-4 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. [4] The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. 1 Corinthians 9:18-19 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel. [19] For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

1 Corinthians 7:5 Lexicon: Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Depriving one another...why is this context always only sexual? Considering the breakdown of family structures and marriages and roles in homes leaving families in trouble ...does this breakdown really all stem out from ‘depriving one another’ sexually, or is there something else being deprived within homes?

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. [14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself
Your bodies are not your own

what is ‘a duty’ ‘a debt’ toward neighbor?
What is ‘a duty’ ‘a debt’ toward husband or wife?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A PICTURE OF MARRIAGE

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. Ephesians 5:22

Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:24

Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Colossians 3:18

As a woman and, I suspect, in the company of many other women, I have often wished that these verses weren’t included in the scriptures. Wrongly I have perceived them to be biased in favour of the man in a relationship. But God has showed me a new picture of submission and in a loving relationship it ought not to be a heavy thing, but rather something joyful and natural.

I am an ardent fan of a TV programme called ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ and love to watch the celebrities grow in confidence during the weeks spent learning and competing. Even in the relatively early days of the programme some of the amateur dancers stand out and by the final couple of weeks it becomes harder to predict who will win.

As I was watching a recent episode of ‘Strictly’ I began to see that a good marriage should be like a dance partnership. The man leads, the woman follows his lead. She must trust him implicitly if the difficult lifts are to be successful. He twirls her away and she dances alone for a while but they are still in step, still dancing to the same music. He draws her back into a close hold and she rests in his arms in the beautiful rhythms of the dance. She reacts to his every move and he is completely aware of her.

Whether the music is fast and joyful or slow and sensuous their partnership is beautiful. And the longer they dance together the more confident of her own ability the female partner becomes.

To me this is a picture of how marriage should be. It is an equal partnership with each partner having their own role; their own set of steps if you like. The woman in a marriage should not lead her partner but follow him just as the female dancer follows the male lead. But equally the man should not control the woman, she must follow willingly.

There will be circumstances when a woman will be ‘dancing’ separately from her husband, for example following a career or ministry, but their lives should continue to be lived in harmony and in step with one another.

During hard times, as in the dance lifts, the wife needs to trust the husband. And there need to be times of closeness and intimacy for the partnership to remain strong.

These dances are choreographed for a man and a woman and are so beautiful to watch when performed by experts. But the dance would not look so good if either was dancing alone; or if the man was pulling and pushing the woman around the ballroom; or if the woman was resisting and refusing to follow the man’s lead.

This picture of marriage has really opened my eyes to how things should be and I hope it blesses those who read it.

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They submit to ungodly ones as well . So long as what they are being told TO DO , does not dishonor GOD .
That is where the line must be drawn . IF an ungodly husband , for example
were to ask his wife to sleep with others , NO SIR , that is wicked evil . However they submit to even the ungodly
SO long as the command is not an UNGODLY command .

I would offer. It becomes a loving commandment they understand together coming from the work of two working together. The goverment of peace signified by the father and Son working as one together completeing the finished virtuous work . Virtue was lost when mankind fell. Adam refusing to defend and empower his wife .

The husband is in a greater position or power working with the wife. She represent all of mankind the whole church as powerless ones. . needing power to obey .

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,.. and when I get married I will happily be submissive. However, that doesn't mean he gets to order me around as that would probably be just as much of a sin as a wife who wasn't submissive.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Ephesian 5:23-24
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

1st Corinthians 11:3
But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

Titus 2:5
To be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

I have concerns with these scriptures...there is the other side of these scriptures where the husband is directed to be kind to the wife...but still they could be abused. I have seen them abused. Because if they said the husband is the head of the household I would be less concerned, but as written they imply that the husband is like a god over the wife and he is to rule over her. Not that they really mean that...but it certainly could be read into them.

In my own personal relationships I always keep one eye out for the wishes and desires of my lady. Attempting to be alert to the female language and expression. And she gets a kick out of that because she knows she is the most important thing on this earth to this big Ox.

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,.. and when I get married I will happily be submissive. However, that doesn't mean he gets to order me around as that would probably be just as much of a sin as a wife who wasn't submissive.

Thanks sorry in advance for the rambling.

I would agree and offer. Christ having fulfilled the Old Testament ceremonial laws as shadows of faith, the unseen eternal. Today looking at the New Testament ceremonial law “under a kingdom of priests men and women from all the nations of the world” as the promise of Joel. A new ceremony as a shadow of the unseen eternal is introduced to represent all the nations coming together as one body where prior there was a separation .Prior to the refomation Jewish men were seperated from Jewish women a high wall no participation or view.( For men’s eyes only) and another high wall to separate the gentiles from the Jew. The time of reformation came the gospel explosion. (1 Corinthians 11) Both men and woman are needed as a one new sign to the world to represent the unseen glory of God the gospel. Man humbles himself under the hearing of the law as a shadow . . . no covering of head or hair and woman humbles herself covering her head of hair her own representative glory. The only glory seen is the representative glory. . . the gospel of faith

The head or hair of the man must not be covered he represents the glory of God not seen and the woman is a representation of the glory of man she must not cover her hair given to her as a representative glory. God not leaving her without a representative glory of her own. Hair and nails . Some today treat it as a fashion of the day statement losing it ability to cause wonderment in a hope of leading a person to the source of glory as it is written in the law and the prophets.

A beautiful parable the poetic tongue of God revealing the unseen things of God using the things of the world. The wedding supper represented by the last part of that parable as an ceremonial law. . the drinking in of the new good wine or blood of grapes the consummation of the new incorruptible bride with her husband Christ by her side .. (helpmeet)

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Godly-wives-trust-God-1.jpg

Submitting to your husband is an act of obedience to God’s word. ⁠

Ephesians 5:22 – Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.⁠

Colossian 3:18 – Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.⁠

1 Peter 3:1-6 – Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. ⁠

A wife who is respectful and submissive to her husband is of great worth to God. ⁠

3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.⁠

A woman who is not afraid to obey God and submit to her husband is virtuous and priceless in her husband’s eyes.⁠

Proverbs 31:10 – Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.⁠
This is a pointless post.

It only mentions one half of a partnership and in ignoring the other half it invalidates everything being said.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Ephesians 5:22 – Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.⁠"

True, but Christian husbands don't keep reminding them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Real Godly Wives Submit To Their Husbands
OP ^

Real Godly Husbands Submit To Christ Jesus.

No one can FORCE another to Submit unto Christ Jesus. Submission IS an individuals Free, willing, choice.

Husbands that;
... Hear, but Reject Christ;
Husbands that;
... Reject, Submission to Christ;
Husbands' CAN NOT PREVENT the WIFE, From; Submitting unto Christ

Husbands / Wives CAN NOT Prevent their children, From; Submitting unto Christ.

Governments CAN NOT Prevent any person, From: Submitting unto Christ.

No person, No wicked spirit, CAN PREVENT another person From:
Submitting unto Chirst.

* Wives submitting/ "obeying" their Husbands;
* Children "obeying" their parents;
* People "obeying" their governments;
Have a "caveat";

IN CONTEXT
* WHEN...Husbands, Wives, Parents, Governments, any person, any spirit...
IS IN OPPOSITION TO God...

Acts.5
[29] ...obey God rather than men.