Real Love on a Christian Forum

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"Love" is always an interesting topic, amongst believers.

Lots of thoughts on it. Lots of confusion regarding how to understand what it means to walk in love.

The Carnal Christian needs the huggy, feely, sweet, syrupy, type of idea, regarding love, or they feel that you don't love.
The Carnal Christian feels that if you disagree with them, forcefully, then you are "not showing love".
The Carnal Christian believes that you have no right to correct the devil's child or a heretical christian concerning what they say, believe, or teach.
The Carnal Christian wants us all to hold hands and play together, respectfully, no matter if there is deceit and lying found within the group.
The Carnal Christian, has no real idea what they are talking about.

Here are a few of my thoughts on "Agape`" love.

= When Jesus made a cord of ropes into a whip and was kicking over tables and hitting those with the whip who were offending God's sanctuary, driving them out of "my Father's house", He was showing AGAPE LOVE.

He was showing LOVE TO GOD, as that is real love.

A lot of believers feel that its more important to only show it to other people.
Many Christians feel that real love is that touchy feely huggy stuff, as i mentioned before.
Occasionally you find a Mod on a forum who is a total child, spiritually speaking, and if they sense that you are not talking sweetly to the devil's own, they will falsely perceive you to be worse then the devil.
Pray for this forum if you find this type Mod on it, as they will destroy it over time.
All you'll have left here = are heretics who are all getting along just great.
Thats the thing about heretics. They get along great with other heretics.
It when the are exposed by the Light that all hell breaks loose on a forum.
And thats a good thing, as its allows the Holy spotlight to find the liars, which is the best thing of all.

Listen...
the 1st commandment will not be politically corrected, even tho millions of believers will try to do it every day.

Saint, we have as our first call, our first responsibility, to honor and serve God.

This actually preempts "love your neighbor as yourself and by LOVE shall all know you are MY disciples".
Did you know that?
Now you do.

Many carnal Christians are trying to make Jesus's 2nd Commandment more important then His 1st.
Many forum Mods are addicted to doing this, which is why most forums are hell pits full of heretics who run the forums by using the "REPORT" tab to manipulate the Spiritually weak Moderators.

So, look again now, at Jesus kicking or turning over those tables, and hitting people with that whip that he made, while He's being very LOUD. !!
The Apostles stared at this WILD scene and remembered the OT verse..>"the ZEAL of thine house has EATEN ME UP">..
See that? Do you SEE THAT ?? That is Christ loving GOD, 1st.

Understand?

Jesus is not lacking in LOVE, but He is teaching you something about correct Love, vs, what really isn't.
And so is my Thread.
Are you able to receive it?

Another case of God's love, was when Paul turned over 2 believers to Satan for "destruction of their Flesh". So, Paul was not loving the Heretics by allowing them to be so, He was loving them by causing them to be corrected. And it HURT them.

Another case of God's love is when Paul prayed 3x for God to remove an issue that was causing Paul real misery, and God would not do it.

That again is "God is Love".

Saint, sometimes on a Christian Forum, a Real Teacher has to be very forceful, in love,... Titus 1:13 and this is because He/She loves those who could potentially be very very harmed by a devil led Heretic's teaching.
So, She/HE opposes them harshly, directly, fully, and faithfully.... and without any tolerance regarding allowing them to feel that they have a right to be on a Christian Forum attempting to harm real believers by twisting a Bible and knowingly creating chaos and confusion.

Listen.... God's LOVE has to deal with heresy strongly and thoroughly, for the sake of the real believers who can be so very harmed, and sometimes for life.

This is Loving GOD.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 1
10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the other side of the spectrum, there is this scripture:

Mat 7:15, Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16, Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17, Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18, A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19, Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20, Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

I suppose that it is up to the reader to decide whether any particular post is bearing thorns or thistles to the person that the poster is interacting with; or whether it is bearing grapes or figs.

I find that if you want to rebuke someone, that quoting a scripture that rebukes the behaviour will do quite nicely. Then you are also feeding the sheep with the word of God.

But I really do think that being harsh with people, such as calling them a deceiver, can in fact be thorns and thistles that you are bearing to that person.

And when you are calling that other person a deceiver, it is very likely that the following applies:

Mat 7:1, Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2, For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3, And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4, Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5, Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Luk 6:41, And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Luk 6:42, Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

As Pastor Romaine of the Calvary Chapel Movement said when expounding on these passages, "Any time you point your finger at someone else, you have three fingers pointing back at you."

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before attempting to define "real" love it's first necessary to determine
which love we're talking about because there are two varieties of it in the
New Testament.

One variety is phileo (fil-eh'-o) which speaks of fondness and affection. This
is the kind of love that's felt, i.e. it's sentimental and speaks of longings and
attachments; for example:

"The Father himself loves you, because you have loved me, and have
believed that I came forth from the Father." (John 16:27)

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be
called children of God!" (1John 3:1)

The other kind of love is agape (ag-ah'-pay) which may, or may not, include
the sentiments of fondness and affection but always exemplifies
benevolence; defined as the disposition to do good, .e.g. kindness,
consideration, generosity, courtesy, lenience, tolerance, patience, sympathy,
assistance, civility, friendliness, etc. In a nutshell, agape love is nice to
people without particularly liking them; for example:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that
whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

In other words; it's very possible that God cares about certain people, but
doesn't particularly like them; in point of fact He might be quite inclined to
discard their body, soul, and spirit in the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev
20:11-15 where numbers of folk will be terminated by a mode of death akin
to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.
_

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before attempting to define "real" love it's first necessary to determine
which love we're talking about because there are two varieties of it in the
New Testament.

One variety is phileo (fil-eh'-o) which speaks of fondness and affection. This
is the kind of love that's felt, i.e. it's sentimental and speaks of longings and
attachments; for example:

"The Father himself loves you, because you have loved me, and have
believed that I came forth from the Father." (John 16:27)

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be
called children of God!" (1John 3:1)

The other kind of love is agape (ag-ah'-pay) which may, or may not, include
the sentiments of fondness and affection but always exemplifies
benevolence; defined as the disposition to do good, .e.g. kindness,
consideration, generosity, courtesy, lenience, tolerance, patience, sympathy,
assistance, civility, friendliness, etc. In a nutshell, agape love is nice to
people without particularly liking them; for example:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that
whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

In other words; it's very possible that God cares about certain people, but
doesn't particularly like them; in point of fact He might be quite inclined to
discard their body, soul, and spirit in the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev
20:11-15 where numbers of folk will be terminated by a mode of death akin
to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.
_
Makes me think of Han Solo...

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't have real love in Christ Jesus manifest very strongly on a Christian forum as long as the Jewish gainsayers are allowed in... even as Apostle Paul pointed to their working though they were his own brethren...

Titus 1:9-14
9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:

11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, 'The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.'

13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

KJV

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
90% of the Christians on this forum boldly proclaim with confidence and undisguised glee that the vast majority of people on this planet will soon be in torment suffering unbearable unending agony inflicted upon them by a God of love. I suggest 90% of the Christians on this forum have little idea what love is.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
90% of the Christians on this forum boldly proclaim with confidence and undisguised glee that the vast majority of people on this planet will soon be in torment suffering unbearable unending agony inflicted upon them by a God of love. I suggest 90% of the Christians on this forum have little idea what love is.

That sure is a strange idea. My Bible says no such thing.

Upon the 'wicked' specifically there will be much torment for them on the day of Christ's 2nd coming when they are cast into a place of separation, like the "rich man" of Luke 16, because they reject Jesus. Revelation 22:14-15 reveals this separation. Will that be 90% of peoples on earth? Not likely.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all
matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls
haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching,
and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there
few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait
gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and
broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But
small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find
it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but
indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to,
only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with
me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 14, 2020 @ 08:59 am New
York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately
325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds;
which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races,
and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths
are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of
the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum
percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults
transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per
hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact
percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think:
by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones
minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the
netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 330,290,698 population:
computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently
estimated global population of 7,681,123,648 people, would suggest
something like 62,092 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld
every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,587 souls every sixty
minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity
in roughly 20 hours and 2 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily
number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this
morning, then by 02:02 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death
certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on
those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to
12.2% higher.

Hades never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop
and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs,
outsourcing, high school shootings, pandemics, terrorism, tsunamis,
earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and
soil pollution, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of
oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls,
overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain,
road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare,
blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's
tweets.

If classical Christianity's perception of the hereafter is correct; then it's
apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless
procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually
through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's,
McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W,
Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants
all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering
and the butchering never stop.
_

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Pastor Romaine of the Calvary Chapel Movement said when expounding on these passages, "Any time you point your finger at someone else, you have three fingers pointing back at you."
The reality is, I think, this is true only in those instances where it is.

If someone points to a false teaching that does not falsify their teaching. Much as I loved Romaine!

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Love" is always an interesting topic, amongst believers.

Lots of thoughts on it. Lots of confusion regarding how to understand what it means to walk in love.

The Carnal Christian needs the huggy, feely, sweet, syrupy, type of idea, regarding love, or they feel that you don't love.
The Carnal Christian feels that if you disagree with them, forcefully, then you are "not showing love".
The Carnal Christian believes that you have no right to correct the devil's child or a heretical christian concerning what they say, believe, or teach.
The Carnal Christian wants us all to hold hands and play together, respectfully, no matter if there is deceit and lying found within the group.
The Carnal Christian, has no real idea what they are talking about.

Behold, I correct people on this forum and elsewhere on a regular basis, and it looks like I am going to have to correct you again as well. Your problem is you have not the wisdom yet to know when the situation calls for saying what needs to be said and then setting it aside, lest it become a never-ending contentious argument that does nothing more whatsoever than overthrow the hearers.

Here is passage for you. You tell me what this means:

14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his. And, let every one that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honor, and some to dishonor. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth (2 Timothy 2:14-25)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Behold, I correct people on this forum and elsewhere on a regular basis, and it looks like I am going to have to correct you again as well. Your problem is you have not the wisdom yet to know when the situation calls for saying what needs to be said and then setting it aside, lest it become a never-ending contentious argument that does nothing more whatsoever than overthrow the hearers.

Here is passage for you. You tell me what it means:

14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his. And, let every one that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honor, and some to dishonor. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth (2 Timothy 2:14-25)
@Hidden In Him We were thinking about part of this passage in church yesterday. Certainly shows the need for prayerful Bible reading and study, in dependence on the Lord.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reality is, I think, this is true only in those instances where it is.

If someone points to a false teaching that does not falsify their teaching. Much as I loved Romaine!

Much love!
It does not necessarily falsify their teaching; however, it does bring it into suspect so that it ought to be subjected to closer scrutiny.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would indicate that where they perceive a speck in their brother's eye, there is very likely a beam in their own.
That is true with a legalism but not so when it comes to sound doctrine. There is a big difference between the two.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would indicate that where they perceive a speck in their brother's eye, there is very likely a beam in their own.
Because you point to what you believe to be error?

Non-Sequitor.

I suppose then this means I've got something wrong because I'm pointing to this?

Much love!