Reasons Jews Reject Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought an excellent topic for Apologetics is how to counter the reason the Jews reject Jesus. Form SIX REASONS WHY JEWS DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS:
Reason #1 – The Messiah must be from the Tribe of Judah and a Descendant of King David AND King Solomon – Jesus did not qualify.​
Reason #2 – Ingathering of the Jewish Exiles – Jesus did not do this.​
Reason #3– Rebuilding of the Holy Temple – Jesus failed to achieve this.​
Reason #4– Worldwide Reign of Peace – Jesus did not accomplish this.​
Reason #5 – Observance of the Torah Embraced by All Jews – Jesus didn’t bring this about.​
Reason #6 – Universal Knowledge of G-d – Jesus clearly failed here also.​
I believe a bridge to fellowship begins by saying we can understand how they can look at it this way. However, there is another sense in which the story of Jesus qualifies as the true Jewish Messiah. Thoughts?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No. 1 reason: Immature believers who bring shame to the name of Christ...having been deviated from the way of truth and turned aside to ways of justifying an uncrucified flesh. The Jews (and most non-believers) can see through what is a put-on...what is being faked.

People are looking for something real...something greater than what they presently have. Not some way of pretending they are something they are clearly not.

The challenge of the church is not just have our hearts reconciled to God...but our minds too...our ways of thinking. We need a revival of truth. The truth sets us free.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow! Blaming people for not believing is NOT an apology for why they should believe.

Why bother posting if you are not going to respond - on point - to the 6 objections raised in the OP?
Apart from a God-inspired revival...it has always been the selfless service of believers...and the sacrifice of their bodies...that has led to people seeing Christianity as being inspired by God. And not only does a proper witness change individual lives...it also affects society as a whole. The modern slide of society to greater and greater depths of corruption comes from the SELFISH nature of modern believers...who see the gospel as a means to feel secure in their flesh. But God purposed the gospel for the exact opposite reason. He is looking for a people who give up their lives for the gospel.

So we have reached an impasse with God. We want to save our skins...rather than sacrifice ourselves for the good of all.

Jesus did say...whoever seeks to save their lives...will lose them. It's understandable that new converts be afraid to die and lose themselves for others the way Jesus did...but WHEN does the church grow out of the baby stage and start LIVING the gospel...as a witness to the world...as light in an ever encroaching darkness? When is the cross not just about what Jesus died on FOR us...but also something we are ourselves crucified on?

Do you care about the state of the world? Or are you satisfied to be saved out of it?

We need to finally move on into the image of Christ!

But my voice is obscure and being silenced as much as possible to maintain the comfort and status quo of those who have convinced themselves that they are all they can be in Christ.

Let us rather, move on to perfection.

Peace

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I thought an excellent topic for Apologetics is how to counter the reason the Jews reject Jesus. Form SIX REASONS WHY JEWS DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS:
Reason #1 – The Messiah must be from the Tribe of Judah and a Descendant of King David AND King Solomon – Jesus did not qualify.​
John 3:12
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Matthew 22
41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,

42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.

43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Israel is the community of God, the faithful, not, as the Pharisees believed, a political or geneological nation, but a spiritual nation.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

God lives in you, God has always lived in you. Or perhaps one may say, that you are an aspect of God. Mankind is the temple of God.

Jesus was condemned for all the sins of mankind and rose from hell to heaven. Thus Jesus has ended all wars. The final result of mankind's toils is peace.

Reason #5 – Observance of the Torah Embraced by All Jews – Jesus didn’t bring this about.​
Mark 12
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

John 10
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe a bridge to fellowship begins by saying we can understand how they can look at it this way. However, there is another sense in which the story of Jesus qualifies as the true Jewish Messiah. Thoughts?

There are several reasons the Sanhedrin didn't want Jesus of Nazareth to be the Messiah. But that is the problem, they didn't see the need for the Suffering Lamb, they wanted the Conquering King.

In their self-righteousness, they believed by the simple fact of being the seed of Abraham and being given the Law of Moses, they were saved. Paul covers this several times in his letters, when discussing the self-righteousness of the Jews.

The best argument however is the fact that when the Sanhedrin decided Jesus must be put to death, the High Priest asked the Scribes, "from what town is the Messiah to be born according to the Scriptures." The Scribes responded "from Bethlehem." Which is correct.

Then the High Priest said, "this Jesus is an imposter, He is from the city of Nazareth." Theologians argue that the record of Christs' birth could be found in the temple, and easily found, while others say that record was never filed because of Herod's attempt to kill the Christ in Bethlehem some 30 years earlier, with all the male children that fit that age group being killed.

They argue that Joseph and Mary were afraid to register His birth in fear the Romans would come back and kill him. Regardless of what really happened, the Jews did not want or think they needed the Lamb of God, that is why He was rejected.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Defiance as a nation, is not overcome by great rule.

You can have all the answers to the all reasons you want, but unless the people desire pity, there is no change of heart.

Better to resign to the Jews not believing in your lifetime, and winning those who pity themselves that if they had been Jews they would have believed - there are plenty more of them, than there are Jews in need of salvation.

That said, the great signs that are coming, will definitely bring Israel together.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me it becomes evident in even today. You can watch threads how offensive it is to draw attention away from money or wealth gain to discuss gain of heavenly riches or Spiritual things. Try to discuss away from money wealth and you’ll start a huge debate of arguments. Or how it is offensive to draw away from physical healings to discussing Spiritual healings. Or how even the promised land MUST and HAS to be a plot of dirt yay-big in size because it would be offensive to consider the promised land is the Heart. That the Heart is that Land cultivated removing the stones for His making room for Himself to be planted. How Christ is planted and not to be uprooted, nor plucked up; in the promised Land being planted in Hearts where a deep root grows and a tree flourishes with Healing and good food: producing and yielding Fruits: Love, Peace, Joy; the Fruit of the Spirit of God. That is another offensive “I don’t want to hear it” …let us talk and imagine orange, apples and pomegranate trees as the promise Fruit on our plot of “Land” Why? I don’t know why it is so much better or soothing to be promised an orange tree, and apple trees over the Tree of Life where unless I’m crazy that Tree of Life produces and yields the things that pertain to Life in the Spirit of God; the Fruit of the Tree of Life written for us, right in front of our faces it is told what Life in the Spirit of God produces and yields but overlooked: we know the Fruit of the Spirit of God. It is written there but as the Jews of old let us distract from that Fruit and discuss our imagined fruits. Or our imagined Land …it is not good enough that God has promised to make “room” in Hearts for His planting and “yielding” of good things to come. promising flourishing…which should be comforting unless that is not to be desired.

Why do the Jews reject Jesus?
Desiring something else? “We want meat!” “Or at least give us goats milk” Something deemed better than what is given?

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.” (2 Corinthians 3:14-16)

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me it becomes evident in even today. You can watch threads how offensive it is to draw attention away from money or wealth gain to discuss gain of heavenly riches or Spiritual things. Try to discuss away from money wealth and you’ll start a huge debate of arguments. Or how it is offensive to draw away from physical healings to discussing Spiritual healings. Or how even the promised land MUST and HAS to be a plot of dirt yay-big in size because it would be offensive to consider the promised land is the Heart. That the Heart is that Land cultivated removing the stones for His making room for Himself to be planted. How Christ is planted and not to be uprooted, nor plucked up; in the promised Land being planted in Hearts where a deep root grows and a tree flourishes with Healing and good food: producing and yielding Fruits: Love, Peace, Joy; the Fruit of the Spirit of God. That is another offensive “I don’t want to hear it” …let us talk and imagine orange, apples and pomegranate trees as the promise Fruit on our plot of “Land” Why? I don’t know why it is so much better or soothing to be promised an orange tree, and apple trees over the Tree of Life where unless I’m crazy that Tree of Life produces and yields the things that pertain to Life in the Spirit of God; the Fruit of the Tree of Life written for us, right in front of our faces it is told what Life in the Spirit of God produces and yields but overlooked: we know the Fruit of the Spirit of God. It is written there but as the Jews of old let us distract from that Fruit and discuss our imagined fruits. Or our imagined Land …it is not good enough that God has promised to make “room” in Hearts for His planting and “yielding” of good things to come. promising flourishing…which should be comforting unless that is not to be desired.

Why do the Jews reject Jesus?
Desiring something else? “We want meat!” “Or at least give us goats milk” Something deemed better than what is given?
I am a Jew and a Christian. I have accepted the Jewish Yeshua as my Savior, as have many other Jews. The first Christians were all Jews and the entire Bible was written by Jews (with one exception: Luke-Acts).

Your anti-Semitism is contrary to God's truth!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

The reason that (Religious) Jews dont accept Messiah is because they feel they are married to Moses Law.
They literally believe that to leave their Husband (Moses Law) and go to Messiah, is to commit adultery.
That's what they believe.

And regarding the rest of the non-religious secularized Jews.
They are just like any other unbeliever.
Their just lost., and need to be saved.

• Love
Reactions: Charlie24 and APAK

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reason number one, how does Jesus not qualify?
Mat 1:6 - And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
Tools
Unchecked Copy Box
Mat 1:7 - And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia and Abia begat Asa;

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:12
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Matthew 22
41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,

42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.

43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Israel is the community of God, the faithful, not, as the Pharisees believed, a political or geneological nation, but a spiritual nation.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

God lives in you, God has always lived in you. Or perhaps one may say, that you are an aspect of God. Mankind is the temple of God.

Jesus was condemned for all the sins of mankind and rose from hell to heaven. Thus Jesus has ended all wars. The final result of mankind's toils is peace.

Mark 12
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

John 10
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
Great post! Thank you!

Reactions: Adam

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My brothers and sisters, did you forget...

Ephesians 2:8

English Standard Version

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Reactions: Wrangler and Jim B