Rebirth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thankfully, misunderstanding being reborn cannot detract anything salvific from the believer in Christ, but it will most definitely delay spiritual growth in learning to “walk in the Spirit” and in being “conformed to the image of Christ.” I say “delay” and not hinder because everyone reborn is undergoing the same “work” of God within that instills the saint with the “desire” and “ability” for His “good pleasure” (Phil 2:13).

In this passage, there are no given restrictions to those reborn (i.e. includes all reborn) concerning God’s “work in you.” This means there will always be within the believer the desire and ability for His pleasure! Hence, if one professing faith manifests the opposite lifestyle of this “work,” there can only be one explanation—God was not within, because He works this in all who are reborn. To refute this conclusion would be to admit that one could overcome God in His work to impart these elements.

By the believer God can be “quenched” (1 Thes 5:19) and “grieved” (Eph 4:30), but never “resisted” (Act 7:51), otherwise this “work” of God would never be received by any man, due to the sinful nature, which has to be offset by the new nature, via the Spirit (Gal 5:17; Eph 3:16).

This answers to the reason why there cannot be found any teachings among Bible commentators that support opposition to the permanency of faith and salvation!
NC

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen!
Phil 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Amen!
Phil 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".
Excellent verse; I often think of this verse in Philippians 1.

The work started at the new birth (John 3) is a permanent work, indeed, if it really happened.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!
Thanks and Amen! I also like 1Thes 5:23, 24: "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He that calleth you, Who also will do it."