Receiving God's Love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading the below from the booklet called: "The Blessings Of Receiving God's Love" What do you think of such a statement?

Today all over America, to one degree or another, devastation occurs in families and individual lives because all of us tend offer human love in our personal relationships. But it is God's love that is the basis of the fruit of the Holy Spirit, which is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control
(Galatians 5:22-23).

I think, these are the character qualities our Lord would have us to have. To me anyone of them is worth more than any price we could ever pay, what about you? Can you imagine a personal relationship between a husband and wife breaking down if these qualities are present? Certainly a teenage child would behave differently in the presence of these qualities.

Many people expend a lot of energy in a great show of human love, but if they are not giving God's love, the relationship breaks down. The result is indifference, quarrels, divorce, teenage rebellion, etc. Only God's love works in this life. If it is not God's love given through His children, it is just not real. And if it is not real, it becomes a show in which it is the play actors.

People everywhere spend much of their time and energy starring in a play written and directed by themselves. The play is generally about giving and receiving love-human love. The reason humanity gives and receives human love is because most people have not received God's love-we can not give something we do not have.

It is vital in all of our lives that we receive God's love so that we can love Him back and love those around us with His love. If you are a Christian, the fact that God gives you His love is not new to you. What may be new is that you have to accept it (receive it) or it will not become yours.

Love always, Walter

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I was reading the below from the booklet called: "The Blessings Of Receiving God's Love" What do you think of such a statement?

Today all over America, to one degree or another, devastation occurs in families and individual lives because all of us tend offer human love in our personal relationships. But it is God's love that is the basis of the fruit of the Holy Spirit, which is joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control

I think, these are the character qualities our Lord would have us to have. To me anyone of them is worth more than any price we could ever pay, what about you? Can you imagine a personal relationship between a husband and wife breaking down if these qualities are present? Certainly a teenage child would behave differently in the presence of these qualities.

Many people expend a lot of energy in a great show of human love, but if they are not giving God's love, the relationship breaks down. The result is indifference, quarrels, divorce, teenage rebellion, etc. Only God's love works in this life. If it is not God's love given through His children, it is just not real. And if it is not real, it becomes a show in which it is the play actors.

People everywhere spend much of their time and energy starring in a play written and directed by themselves. The play is generally about giving and receiving love-human love. The reason humanity gives and receives human love is because most people have not received God's love-we can not give something we do not have.

It is vital in all of our lives that we receive God's love so that we can love Him back and love those around us with His love. If you are a Christian, the fact that God gives you His love is not new to you. What may be new is that you have to accept it (receive it) or it will not become yours.

Love always, Walter
We do indeed need to keep the Godward perspective uppermost. "We love Him, because He first loved us."

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Today all over America, to one degree or another, devastation occurs in families and individual lives because all of us tend offer human love in our personal relationships. But it is God's love that is the basis of the fruit of the Holy Spirit, which is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control

Love always, Walter
Amen