"redeemed from the battle"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

comfy

Sep 18, 2010
near Cape Cod, in Massachusetts, USA
We were just doing prayer and the Bible, and we read Psalm 55.

Thank You! In Psalm 55:18, we have >

"He has redeemed my soul in peace
from the battle that was against me,"

"redeemed" > I think "redeemed", here, can mean rescuing our soul from how we have been in a mess because of being attacked, and but also bringing our soul to how we can be in God's love. God does not only get us through hard things, but also He gets us into His love so beautifully wonderful and sweet and caring and in us caressing us deeply with His soul-soothing rest and affection > "Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5) So, we are redeemed . . . brought into this unbelievably wonderful Heavenly-beautiful love life of sharing and caring > we are rescued "from the battle" "in peace".

So, after we have been in battle and after God brings us out, He has us in peace. This is not how many soldiers are, after they have been in their battles. They can come out and be in hospitals and on drugs because of "post-traumatic stress syndrome", meaning mental and emotional pain with bad memories attacking and taking them back through fear and terror and confusion of the battle. Even I have watched just nature videos of animals hunting and fighting, their violent activities can come back to my mind, later, and take over my attention! So, I don't have to go through some major war thing, before I can have violent things coming back to take over my mind. But God is able to win the battle in our imaginations and emotions and bring us to His peace, and have us forgiving, instead of holding grudges and suffering and wishing to punish people and trying to control people > we can trust God to take care of things better >

"But I will trust in You." (in Psalm 55:23)

God can win the war and keep the peace, unlike how America went into Iraq and beat Saddam's forces, but had quite a hard time "winning the peace". And still, of course, there is the corruption deeper, that can make sure that always they can't have peace there . . . as long as their hearts are wrong. But we need to not just criticize and blame, but pray with hope for people who need You, LORD.

"God will hear, and afflict them,
Even He who abides from of old. Selah"
(in Psalm 55:19)

God will hear our humble and trusting prayer, and He will make trouble for the evil ones so they cannot succeed. And God is the One "who abides from of old." God has been since all past eternity; He has not been worn out or beaten or destroyed by evil > all the evil that ever has been has not tired God out or worn God out or hurt Him, but He "abides", meaning He lasts and keeps on living and loving, in spite of all evil. His love has not been changed or stopped or broken; so we need this love to be our love "in our hearts" (Romans 5:5, 1 John 4:17-18), so we do not fail or fall apart but keep hoping and caring for anyone and everyone! (c: And have love and forgiveness and caring communication ready for any person, at all, in case God changes any stubborn impossible person to become interested in being sensitive and sharing.

"Cast your burden on the LORD,
And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."
(Psalm 55:22)

So, God will share with us how He is able to stand and keep on, in spite of any evil > "in the presence of my enemies", we have in Psalm 23:5, we can have all that You, LORD our Father, please to share with us, of Your own table before us!!! In the presence of any enemies, at all, in God's love (Romans 5:5) we have all God has for us. So, God does not just get us through hard things because we trust Him, but He also blesses us to be in His love and joy and peace in sharing with Him, in His love's deeper-than-words personal communication with His guiding "continually" (Isaiah 58:11), and this with one another who are submissive for this. So, please, O LORD our Heavenly Father, may we be with You in Your own power almighty of Your peace in us, sharing in Your own grace doing all this that You mean in us > "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness," Jesus says in 2 Corinthians 12:9. So, in the name of Jesus Christ Your Son and our Lord and Savior, we ask this and offer ourselves to You, amen and thank You!!! kissing You with thanksgiving joy and appreciation and adoration.