rediagnosed from bipolar to ptsd

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

joshua.lucier

Jun 21, 2021
brattleboro, vt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am a war veteran that turns out doen't have ptsd from the war but instead was psychologically tortured by my own family including ex wives. i have flash backs of them. it took a long time to figure out what was going on but i held on to god through it all. i finally figured out my mother and ex wives were committing constant evil against me. beware the strange woman. i almost died and ended up in a psyche hospital. i need christian fellowship and support. i've been here 6 months with no christian contact. my ex wives have apparently been gaslighting me and cutting off all friends and family. i have nothing anymore. they have dragged my life down to hell as the proverb says. i'm relying on the state to get me to safer grounds and try and rescue my children. i have no one and nothing at the moment except food and clothes and have been cut off from my children. i am in constant pain. i have been reading the psalms daily. my enemies are everywhere. re-entering the world will be very complicated. any good word of encouragement. any christian friendship is welcome i feel cornered on all sides.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am a war veteran that turns out doen't have ptsd from the war but instead was psychologically tortured by my own family including ex wives. i have flash backs of them. it took a long time to figure out what was going on but i held on to god through it all. i finally figured out my mother and ex wives were committing constant evil against me. beware the strange woman. i almost died and ended up in a psyche hospital. i need christian fellowship and support. i've been here 6 months with no christian contact. my ex wives have apparently been gaslighting me and cutting off all friends and family. i have nothing anymore. they have dragged my life down to hell as the proverb says. i'm relying on the state to get me to safer grounds and try and rescue my children. i have no one and nothing at the moment except food and clothes and have been cut off from my children. i am in constant pain. i have been reading the psalms daily. my enemies are everywhere. re-entering the world will be very complicated. any good word of encouragement. any christian friendship is welcome i feel cornered on all sides.

So very sorry to hear about the gaslighting from your ex's. I do hope you find the Christian fellowship here you are seeking. Welcome to CB. I know forums helped me through the covid lockdown. I made some good friends on here, and we love and pray for one another here. Thank you for your service. I pray you will feel uplifted and encouraged here.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

joshua.lucier

Jun 21, 2021
brattleboro, vt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you mayflower. just pray i can make friends with the state and they help me with my children. i also need real friends who care whether i lived or died. i actually died of starvation in a river during the winter during all this while homeless. god brought me back. it was a harrowing experience. i've gone to the state as neiamaiah went to artaxerxes to rebuild jeruselem. vt is certainly a babylonian state but i have done everything i can for my children and they are beginning to see that now. all i want is a loving family. that's all i told god i wanted. that is my last desire before i pass. i'm already grey haired and 37. i just want a little joy before i die. 37 years of pain has been too much. right now my only family is my brother jesus. thank you for the verse. we are citizens of zion. jesus is a warrior an a shepherd. thank you sister.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, I want to just come alongside you in prayer right now and pray for God's financial, health, and emotional blessings to come upon you. You said you were in constant pain so I will pray for your healing.

I try not to have long private messages with men but Id love if you kept us posted on how you're doing!

Im Wynona, a young homemaker who lives in NC. It's nice to meet you. I hope you find healing through the Lord Jesus Christ and through Christian fellowship.

Do you know Jesus already? Or have you come here to to get to know the Lord more?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Joshua....If you can access Zoom several of us have fellowship and a study which usually revolves around questions asked by participants. You are welcome to join.....let me know and I can get the details to you.

Reactions: dev553344 and Helen

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I'm fairly sure I have ptsd from being in prison.
I haven't gone to a doctor to be diagnosed because I'm not interested in their drugs.
I don't like to recall my time in jail as it often makes me cry for the people inside. I can't talk to people about it cos they don't understand and I often get frustrated at people's lack of empathy for innmates. Only former inmates really understand

You appear to have it bad... Having one vindictive woman in your life is bad enough... No more women for you my friend... It's just too risky... I've given up looking for a relationship as well... My last break up really hurt and I'm happy to be alone now...

Pain. Suffering. Evil. Why do they exist? Does anyone know? I don't think anyone really knows, but we are told to pick up our cross and follow Christ as best we can for our sufferings in this world will be minor compared to eternity with our Lord...

So then, just as Jesus did when he was most afraid in the garden of Gethsemane, I pray that the Lord gives us strength to overcome our adversities and to carry our cross

joshua.lucier

Jun 21, 2021
brattleboro, vt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Joshua....If you can access Zoom several of us have fellowship and a study which usually revolves around questions asked by participants. You are welcome to join.....let me know and I can get the details to you.
thanks for the offer sir. i have no access to zoom though.

joshua.lucier

Jun 21, 2021
brattleboro, vt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm fairly sure I have ptsd from being in prison.
I haven't gone to a doctor to be diagnosed because I'm not interested in their drugs.
I don't like to recall my time in jail as it often makes me cry for the people inside. I can't talk to people about it cos they don't understand and I often get frustrated at people's lack of empathy for innmates. Only former inmates really understand

You appear to have it bad... Having one vindictive woman in your life is bad enough... No more women for you my friend... It's just too risky... I've given up looking for a relationship as well... My last break up really hurt and I'm happy to be alone now...

Pain. Suffering. Evil. Why do they exist? Does anyone know? I don't think anyone really knows, but we are told to pick up our cross and follow Christ as best we can for our sufferings in this world will be minor compared to eternity with our Lord...

So then, just as Jesus did when he was most afraid in the garden of Gethsemane, I pray that the Lord gives us strength to overcome our adversities and to carry our cross
Thank you Cristo. Yeah I know prison is bad. I'm sorry for your experiences and the evil done to you. Through all this God has taught me the difference between an enemy and a friend. I've had to walk away from my whole family. Once I realized they were all hurting me on purpose, my sanity came back. They were enemies not friends. Even family can become enemies and you have to walk away like David and Absolom. I thought the abuse from my family was so normal that when my ex wives did it, I was just too numb to care and continued the relationships. In truth they were the strange women the bible warns of. these women are even in the churches. i have abandoned the evangelical church in favor of pre-roman catholic, pre-protestant beliefs. I know what my bible says and I see what they're doing in the churches. I have been hurt by all of it. The non profit corporation is no where near the church of the bible. I know my Lord and my friend and He is all I need. I asked him for a family and that includes an actual loving wife one day. One that loves God and her family and not money. right now I am like abraham leaving a life behind for a land of milk and honey.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

joshua.lucier

Jun 21, 2021
brattleboro, vt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
welcome. i know ptsd is horrible.
Thank you lilygrace. I started reading some of your struggles. I know the feelings of condemnation the enemy uses against one with it. my flashbacks are terrible. sometimes i puke all over the place. I recently had a person who had authority in my life use psychological torture on me when I was trying to make peace with them. I ended up having a flash back. She was condemning me and saying what I had to say wasn't real and all sort of things. Things my enemies had done to me. I had friends come around and rescue me. I later was able to make peace with this person. But apparently she was doing it out of fear toward me. She was not a believer and had seen me as an enemy the entire time I was here. I turned the other cheek once and she became my friend. A wall went down. Other people like my family tortured me non stop and did nothing but try and persecute and destroy me my entire life. That level of abuse has left me with anxiety and fear. I am still recovering. I have found safety here at the hosital and they are helping me restart my life away from the people in it. i have learned the difference between friend and foe and now know what to avoid. old testament scripture has helped me learn these lessons once i started getting away from the lense being taught by the houses of merchandise. God loves you lilygrace. You are a friend of Christ and He hates seeing you in this much pain too. Seek his help in how to flee my friend.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm really not into it sir. and no i can't install any software.
no problems joshua. However, here is a link to to some podcasts you might helpful. Many of them address the issue of poor self esteem, self punishment and the whole blame game. If you save the link you can listen to the selection available anytime.
ReDiscovering God

joshua.lucier

Jun 21, 2021
brattleboro, vt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no problems joshua. However, here is a link to to some podcasts you might helpful. Many of them address the issue of poor self esteem, self punishment and the whole blame game. If you save the link you can listen to the selection available anytime.
ReDiscovering God
thanks quiet thinker but no. bible says pride and self esteem are not good anyway. the issue is condemnation and the enemy. the word self esteem is no where in the bible. accusing someone of poor self esteem when they are being victimized by someone is only harmful. and there is no blame game. there is good or evil, friend and foe, harm and love. I'd appreciate you not trying to sell me stuff bud. thanks.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
thanks quiet thinker but no. bible says pride and self esteem are not good anyway. the issue is condemnation and the enemy. the word self esteem is no where in the bible. accusing someone of poor self esteem when they are being victimized by someone is only harmful. and there is no blame game. there is good or evil, friend and foe, harm and love. I'd appreciate you not trying to sell me stuff bud. thanks.
you have heard my post poorly joshua.....read it again

Taga Chan

Aug 20, 2021
Colombo
www.taga.cc
Faith
Christian
Country
Sri Lanka

Don’t think you are in trouble. Try to believe in God with a positive mindset. Also try to think of the other side of every thought you get. Then you’ll realize that the world is not against you but to help you.

I’m also in a serious medical condition but I hope God will save me.