Reflections on Forums

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all,

I first got on the internet around 1998 or so. I started visiting Christian forums around 2000. Thats about 17 years of discussing, debating, waging war, fighting, arguing etc.... There may be a few that have done it longer than me, but not many. And not for much longer. The internet isn't much older than the time I've been on it.

That being said, there are those who have been around as long as I have. I a am sure they will agree the there isn't much new in terms of topics. No one in 2017 is brining forth something we haven't heard before. As Ecc says, there is nothing new under the Sun.

So when new folks come in and have some new revation, knowledge or prophecy... Its kind of hard to jump on board. When they act like they area savior of internet boards... Its really hard.

On the good side its always great to get a breath of fresh air and opinions. There isn't a new topic but a new perspective when a new person comes around. Furthermore, bribing up old topics is great... Best to keep fresh on them lest we let it slip.

But to new folks.... Trust me. You aren't bringing up any thing new. We have heard it before in the last 17 years. And the really old folks discussed it before then.

I encourage new folks. Post boldly! But consider us not fools. This forum is pretty deep in experience.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To all,

...So when new folks come in and have some new revetion, knowledge or prophecy... Its kind of hard to jump on board. When they act like they area savior of internet boards... Its really hard.

....But to new folks.... Trust me. You aren't bringing up any thing new. We have heard it before in the last 17 years. And the really old folks discussed it before then........

....I encourage new folks. Post boldly! But consider us not fools. This forum is pretty deep in experience.

Well said brother.
You are one on this forum that I greatly respect.

I guess I should 'hang my head' in shame somewhat...because I have a very over-baring and opinionated brother who is always belittling and putting other people down, including his wife.
So I tend to have a short fuse with new people who arriving and start putting people down and declaring that everyone is wrong but themselves! I do tend to jump to the defence of one and all. Ha!
I really wish such new people would JOIN the site to be a part OF it...and not join to just start thread after thread of their personal soapbox favourites to beat a drum on.
We have had quite a few just lately that have come here and never posted much elsewhere but just interested in their own agendas.

I too started Christian Forums back in 1998 when my dad died... I had cared for him for a decade, so I was at a loose end while my hubby was still working back then.
Like you, there are good sites and the not so good.
I really enjoy this one...it's wonderful mix of people and some really good seasoned believers.
I enjoy all those who know how to disagree 'with a smile'...that shows solid maturity ...
It is those kind of people which keep me here. :)

Thank you. Good post. Helen

Reactions: pia, Job and FHII

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The appalling thing I've seen is failure to address sin. I was rebuked on one prayer forum for pointing out to those cohabiting couples that fornication is a sin. Scores were asking prayers to be reunited with their boy/girl friends. These living in obvious sin complained to the admins and I, Not they, were rebuked for judging. They quoted the scripture that is always quoted

Matthew 7:1 KJVS
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Why pray tell is the scripture;

John 7:24 KJVS
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

... Never quoted? Churches and forums alike are populated with those that have all their sins okayed. Judging unrighteously is bad. Judging with truth and love is God's way. If we as Christians do not speak against sin who will? If I see evil am I become unrighteous?

Psalm 94:16 KJVS
Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have to say...I "used" to feel like it was my "calling in God" to address sin in brothers or sisters...or pronounce judgement. But then about 20 yrs ago God showed me to 'drip Jesus' upon them, and allow HIM to show them the error of their ways. The Holy Spirit can do a much better job than we can.
I have found it much more fruitful that way.

Pointing out sins in people just causes them to draw back and away. Then the bridge is broken they may have helped them back to the right path.
I am ever mindful that when my finger is pointing at them..three fingers are pointing back at ME!! As Jesus said...remove the beam out your own eyes before trying to take the speck out of a brothers.

I have learned over the years that I do not KNOW why or what caused a brother or sister to wander...sometime God reveals to me the root cause, and sometimes He does not.
We are ministers of redemption and reconciliation...not of condemnation.

This is where I am in my walk...and how I see things and how I have been led to walk....love and grace wins the day every time.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are ministers of redemption and reconciliation...not of condemnation.
Fantastic post ( both this one and the one above ) and a huge Amen to what you said........Too many 'believers' do nothing but try to alienate people from God, with their demanding, negative and judgemental attitudes......Praise the Lord for you and the ones like you...:)

Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
2Rise up, Judge of the earth;

repay the proud what they deserve.

Every time we are tempted to give in to Satan and his ways, we must remember that the purpose is always to hurt us, lead us astray and to steal every bit of joy that God wants for us. We must be strong in God and turn away from the lures of Satan. At first, the lures always seem initially good and rewarding in some way, but they all have the same purpose. To kill, steal and destroy. Let us follow the ways of Jesus and His sole purpose to give us true life!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The appalling thing I've seen is failure to address sin.
address your own sin iow
I was rebuked on one prayer forum for pointing out to those cohabiting couples that fornication is a sin.
thank God for that. Did you get the impression somehow that a license is required for a marriage? too?
Why pray tell is the scripture;

John 7:24 KJVS
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

... Never quoted? Churches and forums alike are populated with those that have all their sins okayed.
your sin is not ok, see, but it is pointless for me to point it out to you, who would just disagree, right, same as with me.
If you pull the beam from your own eye, righteous judgement begins to look less and less like a Charles Bronson movie
or you judging from appearances like you were doing there imo

Last edited:

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The appalling thing I've seen is failure to address sin. I was rebuked on one prayer forum for pointing out to those cohabiting couples that fornication is a sin
Hello Frank.......I did a study many many years ago, with an 'Oxford Dictionary' ( I'm pretty sure it was an Oxford )....The thing was too heavy for me to pick up it was so huge.....It had modern and older English in it.....also got hold of a concordance and a couple of other things.
I did a study on that word 'fornication', which we have, over time changed to mean, unmarried people cohabiting......I had such a problem prior to that, trying to understand why God would 'hate' people who lived together, without a certificate from man.
Anyway, after a couple of days of really looking into it ( together with a person who had attended bible school, which I have not ), and the word 'fornication' originally meant..............'Sexually trading in children, particularly young boys'..........
That surely puts a completely different light on it, for me at least........

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just some thoughts...

Satan knows the scripture. And he "gets" it (in that he has a certain understanding) and its actually for him as well. Even the Gospel.

We also know Satan is a liar, the father of lies and there is no truth in him. I don't believe however that he doesn't know the truth or have a certain comprehension of it. He may even know it and have higher levels of comprehension than we do.

But that is the problem. He knows his fate. He knows its right. What he may not comprhend is that he can't win. He comprhends the difficulty of the battle. He is even a mastermind in his tactics.

Bear with me in my folly, but he is even more powerful than before Jesus beat him in the wilderness. He learned the the Word itself isn't mere quips. But is a body. [Sorry... At a loss for words... Perhaps I can better say it by saying you have to hear the conclusion of the whole matter. Line on line. Precept on precept].

In the Bible the Children of God have many promises. Some of them our flesh doesn't want. But in the end, we are benefitted. With Satan, its the opposite. He has promises too. He is given some weapons and wiles. He even has the power to transform himself into a being of light.

We and Satan have promises in the Bible. We both understand them and actually believe them. The difference is Rom 8:28. All things work together for good for us. (The "bad" things work together with the "good" things). We are heirs of God.

As for Satan, all things work together for good too, but not his good. His "good" (powers) won't prosper. His weapons won't prosper. It'll work for good, but not HIS good.

The fact that Satan has certain power, knowledge and wiles is not "good" for us. But given the promise that we have greater is good. We have a gun. Its neither good nor bad unless the adversary has a knife. Then having the gun is good.

So why marvel that Satan is the accuser of the brethren? My marvel that he tries to drag us down to his level as liars, deceivers and unbelievers?

We, as a people help him quite a bit! Overall... He has a strong case! Thank God for grace through faith, because that's one thing he doesn't have!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Frank.......I did a study many many years ago, with an 'Oxford Dictionary' ( I'm pretty sure it was an Oxford )....The thing was too heavy for me to pick up it was so huge.....It had modern and older English in it.....also got hold of a concordance and a couple of other things.
I did a study on that word 'fornication', which we have, over time changed to mean, unmarried people cohabiting......I had such a problem prior to that, trying to understand why God would 'hate' people who lived together, without a certificate from man.
Anyway, after a couple of days of really looking into it ( together with a person who had attended bible school, which I have not ), and the word 'fornication' originally meant..............'Sexually trading in children, particularly young boys'..........
That surely puts a completely different light on it, for me at least........

Spiritually, what does fornication mean? If there is a spiritual fornication, i suggest it is worse.

Hebrews 12:16 KJV
Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

I like your definition you quoted about unmarried people. Esau. He was a daddy's man (not a momna's boy like Jacob) and cohabitated with Isaac . yet he was not married to God.

Esau by the flesh was not a bad man. The is no sexual scandal in his history that I know of. His profanity and fornication was forsaking his birthright.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@FHII ...excellent post brother...( the first one #11) you packed a lot into it. Well said.

But , we will have to differ on the amount of power you believe that Devil has..in my book he goes around 'as' a roaring lion...he is not one..all his teeth have been pulled out. But that difference is a mild one... :)
But, that said, we must be wise as serpents and as harmless a doves.
He knows his time is short...so he's trying to do as much damage ...a touch of the burnt earth project as he goes...
We need to stay alert.
Blessings H.

Reactions: pia and Richard_oti

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But , we will have to differ on the amount of power you believe that Devil has..in my book he goes around 'as' a roaring lion...he is not one..all his teeth have been pulled out. But that difference is a mild one... :)
All bark and no bite. I agree. Being an accuser and a liar is barking.

God's Word is powerful. It is powerful whether we believe it or not. Satan's bark isn't as powerful, but still weilds power. A lot of power. But it is lies and gossip. It flees from light as darkness as flees from light.

The power we have comes from God.

The power Satan has comes from us.