Regarding the Holy Ghost

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
CrowCross;n4980782 said:
Jesus' pre-incarnate body would have been the Word that became flesh.
EXACTLY!! And when He became flesh, He was the "Light." :)

So get this: The Father sent forth the Word, Holy Ghost, in the pre-incarnate body of the Son which is really the body of God. Then the Holy Ghost, Word, overshadowed Mary and the Spirit (which creates everything out of nothing) conceived Jesus in her womb.

So when He dies, what body does Jesus go into (His flesh being destroyed)? The Holy Ghost — God's spiritual body again. And what body does resurrected man go into when his body is destroyed? Lk 20:33-38 tells us it will be a body like the angels - not given in marriage, for instance. That is, they receive spiritual bodies that are eternal for those who were saved for they are "worthy of that world" which is to come.

How worthy? They repented of the old spiritual man of sin and received the new spiritual man of "righteousness and true holiness." (Eph 4:22-24, Col 3:9-10). This is something that anyone who thinks that they have the Holy Spirit will NOT do. They are self-satisfied with their "just as I am" personage in their smug conceit that they don't have to repent and receive the Holy Ghost.

So you see, we, too, have a spiritual body — one that will either live forever or die the 2nd death, Rev 20. That will either be YOUR Holy Ghost or your sinner's ghost at the great white throne judgment.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never known anyone with smug conceit that does not think they have to repent...
I wonder if some prisoners might feel this way...um, maybe some tough guys...I think
many in there come to realize their mistakes BIG!
Who are these people you are talking about, skypair....I'm not trying to start anything...
I just do not know anyone that 'out of touch'!

Btw, you do realize you have the same Light in you that Jesus had/has, right?
My friends often forget that, is why I mention it. :)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EXACTLY!! And when He became flesh, He was the "Light." :)

So get this: The Father sent forth the Word, Holy Ghost, in the pre-incarnate body of the Son which is really the body of God. Then the Holy Ghost, Word, overshadowed Mary and the Spirit (which creates everything out of nothing) conceived Jesus in her womb.

So when He dies, what body does Jesus go into (His flesh being destroyed)? The Holy Ghost — God's spiritual body again. And what body does resurrected man go into when his body is destroyed? Lk 20:33-38 tells us it will be a body like the angels - not given in marriage, for instance. That is, they receive spiritual bodies that are eternal for those who were saved for they are "worthy of that world" which is to come.

How worthy? They repented of the old spiritual man of sin and received the new spiritual man of "righteousness and true holiness." (Eph 4:22-24, Col 3:9-10). This is something that anyone who thinks that they have the Holy Spirit will NOT do. They are self-satisfied with their "just as I am" personage in their smug conceit that they don't have to repent and receive the Holy Ghost.

So you see, we, too, have a spiritual body — one that will either live forever or die the 2nd death, Rev 20. That will either be YOUR Holy Ghost or your sinner's ghost at the great white throne judgment.
Sorry, skypair - but The Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are THREE distinct Persons.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are NOT the same Person. The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son but is not a created being. This is why we are told that He is "sent" by the Father (John 14:26) and the Son (John 16:7).

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
Sorry, skypair - but The Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are THREE distinct Persons.
It's Holy Ghost for the 3rd Person, BoL. The Holy Ghost comes forth only from the Father. The Holy Spirit is the word of God that comes from the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost — and even from men who have the Holy Ghost.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are NOT the same Person. The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son but is not a created being. This is why we are told that He is "sent" by the Father (John 14:26) and the Son (John 16:7).
I hope you realize what you are doing. You are conflating Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost. While the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and Christ expressed in words (Scripture), the Holy Ghost is a spiritual body When Jesus was resurrected, the Holy Ghost left the planet, not the Holy Spirit, though. Then the Father had to send back the Holy Ghost to indwell believers. Now at the rapture, the Holy Spirit isn't going to be taken back out — the Holy Ghosts of new covenant believers will be.

Get it? :)

skypair

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is why the three person concept are so false. pitiful, one cannot tell that the Father and son are just titles of the one Spirit?. Titles are not persons. Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his". is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are separate persons? "of" translates the genitive case of nouns. is the Spirit "of" God a separate Spirit form the Spirit "of" Christ? someone please answer.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mainly Calvinists, sad to say. They claim salvation by faith alone and criticize anyone who has repented as believing in salvation by "works."

skypair
Fascinating! Thank you. I wouldn' know a Calvinist if he told me he was one! :D

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why the three person concept are so false. pitiful, one cannot tell that the Father and son are just titles of the one Spirit?. Titles are not persons. Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his". is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are separate persons? "of" translates the genitive case of nouns. is the Spirit "of" God a separate Spirit form the Spirit "of" Christ? someone please answer.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.
Yes, we're ALL aware of your heresies . . .

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the Bible as a snapshot description of what happened, not a blueprint or a formula to achieve salvation. Repenting is simply finding our happiness in God rather than self.......it is not recognizing how horribly rotten we are and applying punishment over and over again. As we progress in our spiritual growth, resonating with the Holy Spirit, our false self / ego / Old Man remains, but ceases to be relevant. We lose what we once believed to be self (ego) and in this state of surrender we live abundantly.

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's Holy Ghost for the 3rd Person, BoL. The Holy Ghost comes forth only from the Father. The Holy Spirit is the word of God that comes from the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost — and even from men who have the Holy Ghost.

I hope you realize what you are doing. You are conflating Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost. While the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and Christ expressed in words (Scripture), the Holy Ghost is a spiritual body When Jesus was resurrected, the Holy Ghost left the planet, not the Holy Spirit, though. Then the Father had to send back the Holy Ghost to indwell believers. Now at the rapture, the Holy Spirit isn't going to be taken back out — the Holy Ghosts of new covenant believers will be.

Get it?

skypair
Sorry, but that is NOT a tenet of Christianity.
The Holy Spirit, the THIRD Person of the Trinity proceeds from Father (John 14:26) and the Son (John 16:7). The Scriptures are clear about this.

The Holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost are the SAME Person.

The "Rapture" is a 19th century invention by a man named John Nelson Darby. Prior to him - NOBODY taught this fallacy.
Jesus will return at the END. He doesn't come two more times - only ONCE.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the Bible as a snapshot description of what happened, not a blueprint or a formula to achieve salvation. Fascinating.
Repenting is simply ××finding our happiness in God rather than self××..I don't have a definition of repenting but I sure love the rest of this sentence!...☺
it is not recognizing how horribly rotten we are and applying punishment over and over again. Excuse me, I am the daughter of a King... I am not rotten! With all due respect.
**As we progress in our spiritual growth, resonating with the Holy Spirit, our false self / ego / Old Man remains, but ceases to be relevant.
We lose what we once believed to be self (ego) and in this state of surrender we live abundantly.**
**Now this is where I was really with you, my old buddy. You would have to expand the quote, tho....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Statements like that is what has caused all the divisions along the way.
IF you had added " I believe etc etc" it would much more palatable ...the dogmatic stand never , ever, impresses me!!
You know no better than the next man..

================

@aspen Amen, well said.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.... is the Spirit "of" God a separate Spirit form the Spirit "of" Christ? someone please answer.
Tell me first where you would not find the Spirit of God...the very Essence of God not within it, permeating the core of every atom, every thought, every invisible feeling ever felt throughout eons of time from a place where there is no space or time...where is He not found?
Is my spirit separate from God's; is yours?
Is the neighbor's dog?
Look under any rock and you will find Him.

Is Yeshua the Christ fully aware of Him and His relationship with the Father the only difference between any of us ? But all exactly the same as Christ, just unaware ...
slowly Awakening.

Reactions: aspen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me first where you would not find the Spirit of God...the very Essence of God not within it, permeating the core of every atom, every thought, every invisible feeling ever felt throughout eons of time from a place where there is no space or time...where is He not found?
Is my spirit separate from God's; is yours?
Is the neighbor's dog?
Look under any rock and you will find Him.

Is Yeshua the Christ fully aware of Him and His relationship with the Father the only difference between any of us ? But all exactly the same as Christ, just unaware ...
slowly Awakening.

This all sounds nice, but it honestly sounds more like typical pantheistic, eastern religious dogma that God is within everything and everything is within God, effectively eliminating the distinction between God and the creation. Its taught under the title "new age" even though there is nothing new about it, and its the exact same junk preached in the Star Wars movie. This is why I don't take it that far when discussing God because it comes dangerously close to full blown paganism.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dcopy...well, it's not paganism, new age, Yodaism, pantheism...One God...
Everywhere.
Jesus's Father Who is in Heaven. Same One.☺
All of creation, the invisible and visible...all sustained by Him...everywhere.
I am not trying to convince you or change your beliefs..you are great just as you are,
.but explaining more of what I posted.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dcopy...well, it's not paganism, new age, Yodaism, pantheism...One God...
Everywhere.
Jesus's Father Who is in Heaven. Same One.☺
All of creation, the invisible and visible...all sustained by Him...everywhere.
I am not trying to convince you or change your beliefs..you are great just as you are,
.but explaining more of what I posted.

There is a difference between being everywhere present, and being within everything present. When you say that God is in the rocks, and the tree's, that is pantheism. When the Bible describes his presence, its never described as anything of the kind. He isn't described as some all encompassing blob somewhere out in space, he has a definite shape or appearance, and he has a throne. His throne is in heaven, and earth is his footstool, not his residence.

(Isaiah 66:1) "Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?"

(Psalms 139:7-12) "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? {8} If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. {9} If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; {10} Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. {11} If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. {12} Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee."

From his throne, he see's all.

(Psalms 11:4) "The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD’S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men."

When God spoke to Moses concerning his appearance, he wasn't speaking anthropomorphically. He literally has a body, with feet, hands, a back, etc.

(Exodus 33:20-23) "And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. {21} And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: {22} And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: {23} And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen."

(Ezekiel 1:26-28) "¶ And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it. {27} And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about. {28} As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake."

God literally writes on a wall....with his hand:
(Daniel 5:5-6) "¶ In the same hour came forth fingers of a man’s hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king’s palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote. {6} Then the king’s countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another."

This is as opposed to:

:rolleyes: I am 100% certain that such heathen beliefs will be a major tenet of the anti-Christs false gospel.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dcopy...like I said...your beliefs are just fine.
You will never see me giving you an eyeroll.
Take care.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dcopy...like I said...your beliefs are just fine.
You will never see me giving you an eyeroll.
Take care.

m'kay, well, I basically don't see how I'll find God hiding under a rock as you said. If it was that easy, I'm sure atheism would have died out long ago.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This all sounds nice, but it honestly sounds more like typical pantheistic, eastern religious dogma that God is within everything and everything is within God, effectively eliminating the distinction between God and the creation. Its taught under the title "new age" even though there is nothing new about it, and its the exact same junk preached in the Star Wars movie. This is why I don't take it that far when discussing God because it comes dangerously close to full blown paganism.

Sounds like omnipresence to me

Reactions: Miss Hepburn