Regeneration? Prevenient Grace? Simple Belief?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
I hope everyone realizes that none of these things saves. "And if any man shall [pray], 'I have sinned and perverted that which is right and it profited me not,' [God] will keep his soul from going into the pit and his life shall see the light." (Job 33:26-27) This is what the NT calls "calling on the name of the Lord" for salvation (Ro 10:13)

It's the same OT to NT. The thing that is different is Christ was coming vs. Christ has come. It there is some reason why you don't want to pray with a broken heart and a contrite spirit .. it's your loss. "For God saves such as are of a broken heart and a contrite spirit." (Psa 34:18).

skypair

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
calling upon the name of the Lord goes clear back to:
Gen 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

and Grace that Noah found includes all his children to receive the same life he had, just as all the children of Adam and Eve receive the life they had after the tree (dust to dust ashes to ashes)

I do believe Paul mentions a school of thought as Grace on Grace.

the children of faith are the children of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

and also note that its by Grace through faith for the gentile and by faith for the jew

Rom_3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Abiding Grace

Aug 24, 2009
Arizona
Faith
Country
United States
I hope everyone realizes that none of these things saves. "And if any man shall [pray], 'I have sinned and perverted that which is right and it profited me not,' [God] will keep his soul from going into the pit and his life shall see the light." (Job 33:26-27) This is what the NT calls "calling on the name of the Lord" for salvation (Ro 10:13)

It's the same OT to NT. The thing that is different is Christ was coming vs. Christ has come. It there is some reason why you don't want to pray with a broken heart and a contrite spirit .. it's your loss. "For God saves such as are of a broken heart and a contrite spirit." (Psa 34:18).

skypair

Why do you keep misrepresenting what the Bible says?

Paul teaches that we were chosen for salvation before the foundation of the world. We are saved by grace, through faith and repentance is a given.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well, someone is saved by grace, through faith, anyway--don't know who this "We" is. Those who were chosen, i guess, huh. I would hesitate to put myself in there, seems presumptuous to me. Hitler included himself, too. Just sayin.

Repentance is a given?
Paul teaches that we were chosen for salvation before the foundation of the world. We are saved by grace, through faith and repentance is a given.

Abiding Grace

Aug 24, 2009
Arizona
Faith
Country
United States
Well, someone is saved by grace, through faith, anyway--don't know who this "We" is. Those who were chosen, i guess, huh. I would hesitate to put myself in there, seems presumptuous to me. Hitler included himself, too. Just sayin.

Repentance is a given?

Repentance is a gift.

2 Timothy 2:25Christian Standard Bible (CSB)

25 instructing his opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance leading them to the knowledge of the truth.

Acts 11:18Christian Standard Bible (CSB)

18 When they heard this they became silent. And they glorified God, saying, “So then, God has given repentance resulting in life even to the Gentiles.”

Acts 5:31Christian Standard Bible (CSB)

31 God exalted this man to his right hand as ruler and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.