Reincarnation ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
why do Protestants accept what the Pope and Catholics declare and accept and not what is in the bible and was accepted by the early Christians - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
why do Protestants accept what the Pope and Catholics declare and accept and not what is in the bible and was accepted by the early Christians - twinc

I didn't think that they did
You will have to elaborate on your quote a bit.

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I did think that they did twinc
You will have to elaborate on your quote a bit.

okay - so appx 500years after the birth of Christianity a Pope forbade Christians from accepting or believing in reincarnation which means until then they did believe and accept so why don't you and others - twinc

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
okay - so appx 500years after the birth of Christianity a Pope forbade Christians from accepting or believing in reincarnation which means until then they did believe and accept so why don't you and others - twinc
He had to.
catholics were going back to Baal worship and all that went with it and he had to put his foot down.
He had the power to do that in those days.

Reactions: Nancy

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
He had to.
catholics were going back to Baal worship and all that went with it and he had to put his foot down.
He had the power to do that in those days.

so why do you have to - it would seem the Reformation missed it - so how about putting it right now or agreeing it is wrong - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I just saw your quote on my post.
SORRY I see wrote " I did think that they did"
Correction..it SHOULD read . " I didn't think that they did "
Not " I did" ..that was a whoops. Sorry

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Twink,
Reincarnation, IMO, is deeply rooted in Eastern Mysticism. Some believe that they have to keep living their lives over ad over again till they "get it right". Many teach that their "real" pain is only an allusion and it's not real. I don't see one single thing in scripture that could ever support this, unless one totally wrests them out of (way out of) context.
In Him,
-nancy

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Love your real avatar Nancy...it makes me feel like we are 'really' in touch :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love your real avatar Nancy...it makes me feel like we are 'really' in touch :)
Thanks Grace, this is about 15 years old. I usually am not at all photogenic and very camera shy, this is one of very few decent ones I have, lol...trying to find one from 3 years ago when still working...closer to what I look like now, only now I am almost at my high school weight! Lost all muscle tone but will get that back ASAP! Yes, and I really like Rollos...IF that is really him, lol...you are right, there is a conectedness (is that a word? lol) to put a face to the person ♥

Reactions: aspen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks Grace, this is about 15 years old. I usually am not at all photogenic and very camera shy, this is one of very few decent ones I have, lol...trying to find one from 3 years ago when still working...closer to what I look like now, only now I am almost at my high school weight! Lost all muscle tone but will get that back ASAP! Yes, and I really like Rollos...IF that is really him, lol...you are right, there is a conectedness (is that a word? lol) to put a face to the person ♥

It does look like a real 'him' but not him now...don't forget he is a Vet and though he'd like to be that young...he isn't ... LOL Who of us IS!!!
The one of me here is only a couple of years old , but I am even greyer than that now. I never seem to be standing in the right place when anyone is snapping photo's :D

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The early Christians did NOT believe in reincarnation. That is a belief of Eastern religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, etc.)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...and I really like Rollos...IF that is really him, lol..
"IF that is really him" is the key. He likes to adopt the personas of others. Like I said before, an identity issue.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does look like a real 'him' but not him now...don't forget he is a Vet and though he'd like to be that young...he isn't ... LOL Who of us IS!!!
The one of me here is only a couple of years old , but I am even greyer than that now. I never seem to be standing in the right place when anyone is snapping photo's :D
I think your photos come out great! Your smile does reach your eyes! Yes, I know if it is him that pic has to be 30-40 yrs. old ♥

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep looking at me Nancy.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Twink,
Reincarnation, IMO, is deeply rooted in Eastern Mysticism. Some believe that they have to keep living their lives over ad over again till they "get it right". Many teach that their "real" pain is only an allusion and it's not real. I don't see one single thing in scripture that could ever support this, unless one totally wrests them out of (way out of) context.
In Him,
-nancy

of course

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
of course

of course this is the problem just as Jesus said then applies very much so even now with those even now who falsely and incorrectly interpret scriptures - Jesus said 'you do err not knowing the scriptures' this He said to the scripture scholars of the day - here you do not really correctly expound about reincarnation - its a bit like 'dreams and dreaming' most have had many dreams and yet have learnt very little or what is of little importance or consequence and have not even observed whether their dreams were in colour or black and white - twinc

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
of course this is the problem just as Jesus said then applies very much so even now with those even now who falsely and incorrectly interpret scriptures - Jesus said 'you do err not knowing the scriptures' this He said to the scripture scholars of the day - here you do not really correctly expound about reincarnation - its a bit like 'dreams and dreaming' most have had many dreams and yet have learnt very little or what is of little importance or consequence and have not even observed whether their dreams were in colour or black and white - twinc
So you are trying to justify your belief in reincarnation with all this talk about dreams and dreaming? If reincarnation is a false doctrine according to Scripture, there is nothing there to be correctly expounded. And if you persist in holding on to false beliefs, you will never arrive at a proper understanding of the truth.