Rejoice in the Lord Always!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is repeated immediately. I think God means it.

So what are the implications of rejoicing always? How do we do that? Not just pretending that we feel extreme happiness when we don't, but to be truly happy all the time?

Much love!
Good thread!

Philippians 4 there has the context of prayerfulness and thanksgiving, with the rejoicing.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So what are the implications of rejoicing always? How do we do that? Not just pretending that we feel extreme happiness when we don't, but to be truly happy all the time?

Much love!

"My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine.
Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things." Prov 23:15-16

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A clue . . . I can only be happy Right Now.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine.
Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things." Prov 23:15-16

3 John
3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.
4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

Good reminder!!! As Christians, we always have plenty to rejoice about!

For me, focusing on what God has done in my life, what He is doing, all that He has given me--salvation, eternal security, eternal LIFE! It's easy to focus on the evil in this world, but we have to keep in mind that our God is sovereign, meaning that He has accomplished and will accomplish His good plans.

Jesus triumphed over sin and Satan and hell, and He will set up His kingdom as King of kings and Lord of lords! We have this to look forward to as well as eternity in heaven with Him where there will be no more suffering. In the meantime, God supplies all our needs in this life and gives us His joy and peace.

For these reasons, we CAN rejoice in Him!

Philippians 4:4-9--Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable — if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise — dwell on these things. Do what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Good reminder!!! As Christians, we always have plenty to rejoice about!

For me, focusing on what God has done in my life, what He is doing, all that He has given me--salvation, eternal security, eternal LIFE! It's easy to focus on the evil in this world, but we have to keep in mind that our God is sovereign, meaning that He has accomplished and will accomplish His good plans.

Jesus triumphed over sin and Satan and hell, and He will set up His kingdom as King of kings and Lord of lords! We have this to look forward to as well as eternity in heaven with Him where there will be no more suffering. In the meantime, God supplies all our needs in this life and gives us His joy and peace.

For these reasons, we CAN rejoice in Him!

Philippians 4:4-9--Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable — if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise — dwell on these things. Do what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.
@Prayer Warrior Great post! I love Philippians, and joy is indeed a stimulus to prayer...

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Prayer Warrior Great post! I love Philippians, and joy is indeed a stimulus to prayer...
Yes, the part in Philippians 4 about not worrying about anything, but praying about everything...is a life verse that has ministered to me many, many times throughout my life, but esp. as a new Christian back in the '70s.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the things that are still wrong with me inside? In my heart? What about how I don't always rely on God? How I sometimes still take matters into my own hands? Shouldn't I be concerned over all that?

Much love!
Can you change one thing about yourself (add one inch to your height...) by worrying?? No, worrying is the devil's game plan. Faith is God's game plan for us!

We ALL struggle with our imperfections and besetting sins--those things that can seem like they plague us at times! We ALL fail God at times with our imperfect faith! But we are being changed into His image from glory to glory! I pray that you will see His glory in you!!!

2 Cor 3:17-18--Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. We all, with unveiled faces, are looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory; this is from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the part in Philippians 4 about not worrying about anything, but praying about everything...is a life verse that has ministered to me many, many times throughout my life, but esp. as a new Christian back in the '70s.

And how peaceful and freeing it is to "be anxious for nothing" :)

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, Nancy, especially in these turbulent times. I just heard a pastor talk about a dream he had, and it seems that things may get even rougher this fall. I pray that this will not be the case, but whatever happens, we can rejoice and have peace!

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the reason. There has to be a reason. We're not told to be anxious over nothing just because we will be happier with our heads in the sand! But because we have No Reason at all to be anxious, do we?

Unless we're thinking that God won't take care of us. Unless we're thinking that we still have a sin problem. Unless we're thinking that we're not good enough, or whatever it is.

I suggest that if we are not rejoicing at any given time, it's because our heads are in the wrong place.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the things that are still wrong with me inside? In my heart? What about how I don't always rely on God? How I sometimes still take matters into my own hands? Shouldn't I be concerned over all that?

Much love!

Hi Marks,
Funny you mention this today. Just got back from the dog park and, that is where I like to talk to God. I was in well, not the greatest place. My prayer time with Him turned into more of a question session..'why have you not taken this from me Lord? You know I can't do it yet...it still rears it's ugly head no matter how much I pray for it to be taken from me...or for me to be "delivered" from it. So, I do agree with PW and what she say's on this matter...we all fall short of perfection in these flesh bodies and carnal minds. It seems everyone I know well does have a certain area where they struggle in more so than others. It's a thorn of sorts, ha ha! Yet, my question to God (one of them) today was, why Lord will this not go away completely? Why, when it leads me into sin by being short tempered and frustrated will you not take it from me?
All I could think of on the way to the park was, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."
And yeah, taking matters into our own hands :eek: when i do not acknowledge Him in ALL my ways, I screw up royally and...yep, frustration, anger...and to think that when I do acknowledge Him...things really do go smooth. It is such a growth thing and, in hindsight, I bet you could see that the things you mentioned in your OP have indeed, decreased over time?
In Him
nancy
Such short memories we have :oops: