RELATIONSHIP NOT RELIGION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. It is a colorful way to make a point. Like JFK's, 'do not ask what your country can do for you,' is also a colorful way to make a point.

Of course, Christianity is a religion. It has rituals, like going to church and saying standard prayers, like Hail Mary and the Lord's Prayer. It has rules, like the 10 Commandments. However, at base it is about none of these things. Christianity is, at base, having a relationship with God through his son.

Reactions: shortangel

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Church organization is however prescribed in the Bible for multiple purposes. For learning and to bring to remembrance the things taught by God. To look after the widows and poor so that there is no poor among us.

That said, a person can go to church their whole life and miss the point of the love of God. But I think church helps to continue pointing us in the right direction if the church is established correctly.

In the end, when we are filled with the spirit of God because we learn what types of things invite his spirit into our lives, we grow perhaps much more rapidly.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Church organization is however prescribed in the Bible for multiple purposes. For learning and to bring to remembrance the things taught by God. To look after the widows and poor so that there is no poor among us.

That said, a person can go to church their whole life and miss the point of the love of God. But I think church helps to continue pointing us in the right direction if the church is established correctly.

In the end, when we are filled with the spirit of God because we learn what types of things invite his spirit into our lives, we grow perhaps much more rapidly.
There is the Church and there are churches, and just belonging to a church doesn't make you part of the Church - only a personal relationship with Jesus can do that.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the Church and there are churches, and just belonging to a church doesn't make you part of the Church - only a personal relationship with Jesus can do that.

Sitting in a church won't make you a Christian any more than sitting in a garage would make you a car.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OBEDIENCE, NOT RELIGION OR “RELATIONSHIP”

“For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices: But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.” (Jeremiah 7:22-23)

“And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.” (Acts 5:32)