Relax in who and what you are...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(From a friend of mine)

There are so many Christians out there who feel like failures for not having answers to certain questions that plague us. They want to have everything figured out and know how to answer all of the "but what about this verse?" types of questions, but they just don't. They feel like they'll be "good Christians" when they finally figure out the answers, but the truth is that, in many cases, they probably never will. There are simply some questions we'll just never find answers for. But take heart, because a lack of answers does not make one a "bad Christian". No, it is presuming to know things we do not that is bad, but the fact that someone cares enough to ponder such things, and dares to ask questions of the divine, well, that makes one a "good Christian" in my book.

A couple of lessons here: 1.) Don't feel bad about not having the answers. In fact, embrace the fact that you don't and probably won't, but just don't let that squelch your curiosity. Simply know that knowledge is not salvific, and thinking the right thoughts and believing the right things cannot and does not redeem you. Jesus alone could accomplish that. While knowledge and understanding can't save you, it can give you keener insight into your salvation. Just know that not having it figured out doesn't say anything negative about you. Embrace not knowing as a virtue, but let it also spur you on in your journey. 2.) Know that the fact that you're radical and thoughtful enough to inquire about things that might be unknowable has to be pleasing to the One you call Father. Regardless of your ignorance, the fact that you care enough to ask and seek means you're on track.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great thread. For me, living purposely (resisting cruising through my day on autopilot) is more important than knowing the answers.

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do clearly remember the day when it finally hit me that I did not have all the answers. My kids were still young then and asked so many bible questions..and other questions like " Why didn't God take the dinosaurs into Noah's ark?" :D
When in our 20's and thirties we seem to "think" that we do know everything! I 'knew' all about the beast, the anti-christ, all and every doctrine...I had an answer for everyone who asked. LOL

What relief when I got into my 40's and it hit me...It is actually okay say-
"I have no idea, but if God shows me anything then I will let you know."
Such freedom, such peace.. ( and obviously I threw out many things that I thought that I knew! :) )

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry-rex-the-ark-is-full.jpg

I do clearly remember the day when it finally hit me that I did not have all the answers. My kids were still young then and asked so many bible questions..and other questions like " Why didn't God take the dinosaurs into Noah's ark?" :D
When in our 20's and thirties we seem to "think" that we do know everything! I 'knew' all about the beast, the anti-christ, all and every doctrine...I had an answer for everyone who asked. LOL

What relief when I got into my 40's and it hit me...It is actually okay say-
Such freedom, such peace.. ( and obviously I threw out many things that I thought that I knew! :) )
I thought I was a hot piece of barnyard patty after 12 years of CoC Bible Study. Boy, did I have an eye-opening lot to "unlearn" when I finally got smart enough to simply read the Bible as it is really written.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Humility. :)

Early on I was intimidated, thinking people would look at me and I needed to have all the answers. So I dedicated myself to the study of the word of God. I know more now, but I have to embrace the fact that I will still occasionally run into things I don't know.

I think this was part of why the command was, "in meekness instruct those who oppose you.." A. No one wants to be talked down to by an arrogant know-it-all, and B. You might just be blowing it, LoL, which would make things even worse.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watchman Nee lamented that the simple villagers he preached to seemed to know Jesus better than He. John was the disciple Jesus loved and so am I. I too rest my weary head on Jesus' bosom.

God awaits each of us to draw closer to Him. He is zealous towards each of us in a measure unbelieved by most.

These words are more than inspiring they're true. We used to sing this psalm.

Isaiah 51:11 KJVS
Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.

Old saying..
At last I am ready not to go Lord, at last at last!

There is no substitute for ANY Christian for the passage of time. None. Only through the passage of time and continuing perseverance in seeking God's face that we come to know Him. The same with people. You didn't come to now your wife, your husband, your friend in a few days. No no. It takes years to become secure in the Master's love. There is no substitute. No matter how much you pray, read the Bible, how many degrees you have, how many languages you speak. There is NO substitute for the passage of time in building a relationship with God..

If you continue with Him, in twenty years
You'll know Him better than today. I've sought Him for 40 years and have learned more in the last two years than the previous twenty. Time plus pressing in to know Him will yield joyful results if you don't faint.

Carry on. God is urging you forward my friends!

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great Post, this Forum rely need's to put this into action. I know that I know, and at the End of the Day< I thought I knew what I knew> I have some knowledge and I think it is truth, BUT to have all! NO!!! As we mature, we also age, and with age come's Meekness and Humility, as I have said before, there are some on this Forum that have brought out thing's that I never even contemplated > and I am Happy to admit it!
Thank You Willie, and all you's that have opened my eye's!