Religion Vs Spirituality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

herald

Oct 2, 2006
In Psalm 119, the word, "Word," is used interchangeably with, "law," "commandments," "judgments," "precepts," "statutes," "testimonies."God's Word is His law."A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments and do them." Ezek 36;26,27. When His Spirit is within us, we are empowered by His Spirit to obey His Word/His law.Jesus said, "Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven.MANY will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity." (lawlessness) Matt 7:21-23."And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He that saith, I KNOW HIM and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar and the Truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth His Word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby we do know that we are in Him." 1 John 2:3-5.Jesus said, "My sheep hear My Voice (His Word) and I KNOW THEM, and they follow Me." John 10:27.Jesus said, "He that rejecteth Me and receiveth not My Words, hath one that judgeth him, the Word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." John 12:48.The Apostle John wrote, "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4.The Apostle Paul wrote, "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." Rom 2:12,13."Jesus answered and said unto him (Nicodemus) Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God...Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit...Marvel not that I said unto thee, YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN." John 3:3-7.Religion is going to church, performing the traditions and thinking that you have eternal life. When you invite His Spirit to live within you, you will have eternal life - because He is eternal life."But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers, only, deceiving yourselves." Ja 1:22.

epistemaniac

Aug 13, 2008
words like "religion" and "tradition" are both words that have almost become the equivalent of Christian cuss words... but neither of the terms is necessarily bad... they can be of course... but "spirituality", when not found in a Christian context, is just as "bad" as non-Christian or un-Christian or sub-Christian "religion" or "tradition".... "spirituality" is by itself a generic term that can mean almost anything... though the OP goes to some length to try and say what true spirituality will look like...I think the overall point of the OP is that there is, by way of contrast, a true spirituality versus a false one and that the cultural phenomenon in America of just "going to church" or performing certain rituals does not automatically make someone a Christian... I heard Josh McDowell once say, standing in a church no more makes a person a Christian than standing in a garage makes them a car...thats what I get when I read the OP anyway...blessings,ken

herald

Oct 2, 2006
Jesus said, You Must be Born again to enter into His kingdom...He awaits us to ask Him to live within our hearts. John 3:3-7.Every denomination has it's strengths and weaknesses...When what is taught in my church doesn't line up with Scripture, I speak up...some like it others prefer their traditions. When we side on tradition, we are siding with the Usurper who said, "Yea, hath God said...?" Gen 3:1.Our allegiance must be to the Word of God, alone. We should imitate the Bereans: "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11.The Apostle Paul wrote, "Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas (Peter); and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?" 1 Cor 1:12,13.The Lord calls the denominational system, "The Mother of harlots," in Revelation 17. Why? Because she has replaced much of the Word of God for her traditions.Then He says, "And I heard another Voice from heaven saying, COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins and that ye receive not of HER PLAGUES. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." (lawlessness) Rev 18:4,5.The plagues will fall upon the lawless church.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
Most Christian avoid anything spiritual; even mock it and laugh at the thought of something spiritual; What is spiritual? What are spiritual things? What are treasures in heaven? What are the true riches? Let me simplify this for you. If sinners can have it or do it without God — it’s not spiritual! Someone says, “I’m spiritual because I fast.” Witches fast! Another says, “I’m spiritual because I prosper and give vast sums of money to this ministry and that.” Indeed! Mafia king-pins also prosper and give large amounts of money to all kinds of worthy causes that help and bless people, and the good they do is often more than the churches do with their money. You see, human nature is wont to equate spirituality with what we do, or with what we possess. No! A thousand times no! Even the term “spiritual” indicates that it requires the power and ability of the SPIRIT, or that it is an expression of the SPIRIT. Therefore, when we walk in the Spirit and are led by the Spirit, what flows out of us is a dispensation of the life and glory and power and wisdom and nature and will of God Himself — that is spiritual! Sinners can’t do that! The carnal mind can’t produce that! The fleshly nature can’t generate that! Self-effort is eternally and completely unable to perform that! Answered prayer — that’s spiritual. Deliverance and transformation — that’s spiritual. Speaking the words of God — that’s spiritual. Loving your enemies — that’s spiritual. Blessing them that curse you — that’s spiritual. The peace that passeth understanding — that’s spiritual. Laying down your life for creation — that’s spiritual. Putting on the mind of Christ — that’s spiritual. Being led by the Spirit of God — that’s spiritual. Money can’t buy these things. The natural man can’t mimic these things. These are the true riches!What is spiritual to you; what is spiritual to me is hearing not what tradition has says but what the spirit of truth is saying with in me. Moses walked up on the mount and when he returned the shekinah glory of God shine on His face. When Moses went up that mountain of God; some of his friends followed so far; most of them sat at the bottom of the mountain. Psalm 103:7He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel. Big difference between what Moses saw and did compared to children of Israel

herald

Oct 2, 2006
When Jesus gave us the "Two Greatest Commandments," He was quoting the law. Deut 6:5:Lev 19:18"Then one of them which was a lawyer, asked Him a question, tempting Him and saying, Master, which is the great commandment IN THE LAW?Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Deut 6:5. This is the first and great commandment.And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." Lev 19:18. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matt 22:35-40."By this we know that we love the children of God (Lev 19:18), when we love God (Deut 6:5) and keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous." 1 John 5:2,3.Jesus said, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments." John 14:15.Jesus said, "He that hath My commandments and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him." John 14:21."And this is love that we walk after His commandments." 2 John 6.His Church Keeps His Commandments: "And the Dragon was wroth with the woman and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Rev 12:17.His Saints Keep His Commandments: "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Rev 14:12.And, finally, the Apostle John wrote, "Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have RIGHT to the tree of life, AND MAY ENTER IN through the gates into the city." Rev 22:14.If you do not keep His commandments, you are lawless and will not enter into the kingdom. Matt 7:21-23.

herald

Oct 2, 2006
"I am crucified with Christ..." Ga 2:20."What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin (the transgression of the law. 1 John 3:4) that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we that are dead to sin live any longer therein?" Rom 6:1.When Moses struck the rock, God charged him with unbelief. When the children of Israel disobeyed the Lord, they were not able to enter The Promised Land, because of unbelief. Heb 3:19. Unbelief comes out of an evil heart. Heb 3:12.Disobedience = UnbeliefObedience = faithRomans 16:26 refers to "the obedience of faith.""Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law." Rom 3:31."Even so faith if it hath no works is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe and tremble.But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?Was not Abraham our father (Ga 3:7,29) JUSTIFIED BY WORKS, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? (In response to the command of God).SEEST THOU HOW FAITH WROUGHT WITH HIS WORKS, AND BY WORKS WAS FAITH MADE PERFECT?And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith Abraham believed God and it was imputed to him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.YE SEE THEN HOW THAT BY WORKS A MAN IS JUSTIFIED AND NOT BY FAITH ONLY...For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." James 2.If you do not obey the Ten Commandments, you are lawless and will not enter into the kingdom of God. Matt 7:21-23."But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers, only, deceiving yourselves." Ja 1:22

herald

Oct 2, 2006
According to Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23, if you do not obey His commandments, you are lawless.1. Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image...3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain...4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy...5. Honor thy father and thy mother...6. Thou shalt not kill.7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.8. Thou shalt not steal.9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.10. Thou shalt not covet...

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
Herald, Wherefore the law was our school-master to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith." (Galatians 3:21-24). A schoolmaster, (the Greek text gives, a child conductor), was one who held the child in restraint as they conducted the child from home to the school, making sure that there was no mischief along the way, and that the child arrived at the school. Then the child was given over to the care of the teacher, and the duty of the child conductor was ended. The child conductor did not stand in the back of the class room and continue to exercise control and authority over the child, for now the Teacher was in control, and there was to be no outside interference. So also, once we have been brought to Christ, and His anointing abides within us, we are to be led by the Spirit.

herald

Oct 2, 2006
Again, Romans 16:26 refers to "the obedience of faith.""Faith without works is dead." James 2.Do you really want to be lawless on the day of Judgment?"But be ye doers of the Word and not hearers, only, deceiving yourselves." Ja 1:22.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
There is far too much legalism in Babylon, to include condemnation and far too little grace and fruit of the spirit. What you are missing is there are two different Word's of God.2 Corinthians 3 2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: 3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. 4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 7But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious. 12Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: 13And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: 14But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. 17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

herald

Oct 2, 2006
The Ten Commandments are written throughout the New Testament:"Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men. Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tablets of the heart." 2 Cor 3:2,3.#1. "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me."#2. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image..." 1 Cor 10:14;Ga 5:20;Col 3:5;1 Thess 1:9;1 John 5:21;Rev 9:20...#3. "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain..." Rev 16:9;1 Pet 4:14;Ro 2:24;Acts 4:12;Phil 2:9,10;Rev 13:6#4. "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy..." Jesus was "The Lord of the Sabbath." Mt 12:8;Mk 2:28;Lu 6:5. Jesus prophesied that the Sabbath would be kept during The Great Tribulation, and we are not there, yet. Matt 24:20. Isaiah prophesied, that we will keep the Sabbath in His kingdom. Isa 66:22,23.#5. "Honor thy father and thy mother." 2 Tim 3:2; Matt 10:21;Rom 1:30; Eph 6:1;Col 3:20...#6. "Thou shalt not kill." Mt 19:18;Mk 10:19;Lu 18:20;Rom 13:9;Ja 2:11...#7. "Thou shalt not commit adultery." Mt 19:18;Mk 10:19;Lu 18:20;Rom 13:9;Ja 2:11.#8. "Thou shalt not steal." Mt 19:18;Mk 10:19;Lu 18:20#9. "Thou shalt not bear false witness..." Mt 19:18;Mk 10:19;Lu 18:20#10. "Thou shalt not covet..." Rom 13:9;7:7;1 Cor 5:10,11;6:10;Eph 5:5;1 Tim 3:3;2 Tim 3:2;2 Pet 2:14..."As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions (of the law: 1 John 3:4) from us...To such as keep His Covenant and to those that remember His commandments to do them." Ps 103.(Covenants have conditions.)"Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have RIGHT to the tree of life, AND MAY ENTER IN through the gates into the city." Rev 22:14.Even in heaven, the Lord makes quite a statement about His Covenant:"And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in His temple The Ark of His Testament: and there were LIGHTNINGS, and VOICES, and THUNDERINGS, and AN EARTHQUAKE and GREAT HAIL." Rev 11:19.There was only One Covenant in The Ark - the Ten Commandment Covenant.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
The only strategy that will be victorious in the warfare against social and other problems is an offensive directed not against a nation, or a system, but against the human heart! The point of attack is the state of being of man himself. The objective of attack is the conversion and transformation of man with the law of God written in his heart." "The reason the 'Word' of God has bound and killed more people spiritually than it has helped is because it has been legislated outwardly. Men make godliness a law rather than a life." It is not the Word of God being preached but men's versions of the Word of God. However, the Law of God does kill, as Paul said it did to him:"For I was alive without the law once. But when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. And the commandment, which was to life, was found to be death to me" (Romans 7:9-10).Is that bad? Not at all! That is the purpose of the letter of the Law of God. Paul goes on to say:"So indeed the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and just and good. Then has that which is good become death to me? Let it not be! But sin, that it might appear to be sin, working death in me by that which is good; in order that sin might become exceedingly sinful by the commandment. For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin" (Romans 7:12-14).Paul had to know he was carnal, sold under sin. All need to know this at some point. The only way they can know is by the Law. They must hear the Law, and find themselves unsuccessful in fulfilling it, thus dying. The death is a perfectly necessary part of the process. Why else did God give the Law to Israel and expect them to obey, under penalty if failing to do so? Is He unjust? No. He knows what He is doing, and by His grace, so do we.Of course, the vast majority of men do not realize that the keeping of the law is not the end in itself, and they teach accordingly. "Christian ministers of the grace of God LEGISLATING THE LAW! What an enigma! What a travesty!" Grace was in the old covenant with the law, and the law is in the new covenant with grace. Each has its rightful place. Ministers of God minister both law and grace as needed. Those ministering law, in truth, are not "legislating the law," but are also ministers of the grace of God "Christendom would impose their standard from without, HE WRITES IT WITHIN, AND IMPARTS THE ABILITY TO LIVE IT OUT! That is GRACE!"Grace is the ability to keep the law of God through a miraculous, supernatural change of nature. Therefore there is grace, and there is law. Grace comes to reveal the need for law, and law comes to reveal the need for grace. The unlearned and ungodly truly have no respect for either. Law they call despotism, and iniquity they call grace.

herald

Oct 2, 2006
"I am crucified with Christ..." Ga 2:20."What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin (the transgression of the law: 1 John 3:4) that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we that are dead to sin live any longer therein?" Rom 6:1.Ceremonial Law:1. Is called, "the law contained in ordinances." Eph 2:152. Was spoken by Moses. Lev 1:1-3;Deut 31:24-263. Was written by Moses in a book. 11 Chron 35:124. Was placed in the side of The Ark. Deut 31:24-265. Was nailed to the cross. Col 2:146. Was abolished by Christ. Eph 2:15.The Ceremonial law pointed to the sacrifice of Jesus and was fulfilled. We no longer, sacrifice animals. Jesus was the supreme sacrifice.The Ten Commandment Covenant:1. Is called, the "royal law." Ja 2:82. Was spoken by God. Deut 4:12,133. Was written with the finger of God. Ex 31:184. Was placed inside The Ark. Ex 40:20;Heb 9:45. Is "to stand forever and ever." Ps 111:7,8.6. Was not destroyed by Christ. Matt 5:17,18The Ceremonial law was temporary, the Ten Commandment Covenant was written by God, reveal His character in contrast to ours and are eternal. The Holy Spirit uses the Ten Commandment Covenant in our sanctification."Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that He was manifested to take away our sin; and in Him is no sin.Whosoever abideth in Him (walks in His Spirit) sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known Him.Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the Devil; for the Devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the Devil.Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the Devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." 1 John 3.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
The Ten Commandment Covenant are not all the law? There are hundred of laws that are not the ten commandments.The apostle Paul, speaking of the whole armor of God, admonishes thesaints to "put on…the sword of the Spirit, WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD"(Eph. 6:17). Then the writer to the Hebrews declares that the sword ofGod’s word is "QUICK." Quick means living and active — LIFE-GIVING! "For the word of God that speaks is alive and full of power — making itactive, operative, energizing and effective; it is sharper than anytwo-edged sword" (Heb. 4:12, Amplified). "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing…for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life!" (Jn. 6:63; II Cor. 3:6). The sword of the Spirit is the quickening, energizing, life-giving WORD OF GOD! I shall not hesitate to explain to you, that there are two aspects of the word of God. Jesus Christ is the Word — the Logos — THE LIVING, CREATIVE WORD! But there is also that word which Paul calls "the letter." The letter is the outer hull, the record and history, the lawsand commandments, the rules and regulations, the types, shadows andfigures, the external ordinances, rituals, ceremonies, and feasts; thevisible form of the word which tells us, in terms understandable by thenatural mind, many things about the Living Word, Jesus Christ. It should be clear to any thinking mind that the law given by Moses was a word from God. Many, many scriptures confirm that it was the very Lord Himself who spoke to Moses giving him the laws, commandments, judgments, and ordinances. Therefore it is called "the law of the Lord." Yet Paul, in speaking of this word from God, calls it "the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones." Then he further designates it "theministration of condemnation." You, see, the law could only condemn! The only way the law could give life was if one perfectly kept it, but for every broken law there was a penalty. And no one was ever able to keep it! "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Therefore the law with all of its commandments, ceremonies, rituals, sacrifices, and observances is a dead word, it is form without essence, law withoutlife, shadow without substance, chaff without kernel, it is the letter that killeth! It is "a word" about "The Word" and therefore shuts men up unto the dominion of death. It should not be difficult to understand that as Jesus Christ is the Living Word of God, the sword of the Spirit that quickens, so is the Letter of the Word a deadly sword, killing rather than quickening. Ah, two words and two swords! The flaming sword of the Cherubim is the word of the law which is a ministration of condemnation and death. It keeps men out of Eden, away from the tree of life! But the sword out of the mouth of God’s Christ is a living sword that excellent in glory as the ministration of Life!
herald;72220][B]"[/B]I am crucified with Christ..." Ga 2:20."What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin (the transgression of the law: 1 John 3:4) that grace may abound? God forbid. [B]How shall we that are dead to sin live any longer therein[/B]?" Rom 6:1.[B]Ceremonial Law[/B]:1. Is called said:
The Ten Commandment Covenant[/B]:1. Is called, the "royal law." Ja 2:82. Was spoken by God. Deut 4:12,133. Was written with the finger of God. Ex 31:184. Was placed inside The Ark. Ex 40:20;Heb 9:45. Is "to stand forever and ever." Ps 111:7,8.6. Was not destroyed by Christ. Matt 5:17,18The Ceremonial law was temporary, the Ten Commandment Covenant was written by God, reveal His character in contrast to ours and are eternal. The Holy Spirit uses the Ten Commandment Covenant in our sanctification."Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that He was manifested to take away our sin; and in Him is no sin.Whosoever abideth in Him (walks in His Spirit) sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known Him.Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the Devil; for the Devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the Devil.Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the Devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." 1 John 3.

herald

Oct 2, 2006
Romans 16:26 refers to "the obedience of faith.""Faith without works is dead." James 2. If you do not keep the Ten Commandments, you are lawless and will not enter into the kingdom of God, according to Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23."But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers, only, deceiving yourselves." Ja 1:22.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
Where does it say in Matthew 7 “If you do not keep the Ten Commandments, you are lawless and will not enter into the kingdom of God, The word Ten commandments is only mentioned in three OT verse and is not found in the NT”.It speaks of doing the will of the father, and uses the word lawlessness which is not the same as the “ten Commandments” the law has become epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men not the Ten commandment. You are assuming something here based on you’re assumptions and not God’s Word.Matthew 7:21-13 Not every one who says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but he that does the will of my Father who is in the heavens. 22Many shall say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied through *thy* name, and through *thy* name cast out demons, and through *thy* name done many works of power? 23and then will I avow unto them, I never knew you. Depart from me, workers of lawlessness.
herald;72223]Romans 16:26 refers to "the obedience of faith.""Faith without works is dead." James 2. If you do not keep the Ten Commandments said:
"But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers, only, deceiving yourselves[/B]." Ja 1:22.