Religious but lost

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Religious but lost:I have made the statement "Satan wants to make us religious but lost" and I now want to expand this idea.It is a fact that some of the "Christian Jews" wanted the Gentile Christians to become Jewish by doing the things that the Jews did ""under the law."" This was the big problem that was discussed in Acts 13:1-2, Acts 15:1-20. It was an attempt to get Christians back under the law, which by the way, no one could keep. It was the subject of Acts 21:20-21 as well.But that did not end the attempts of the Judaizers from continuing their assault on the Gentile believers. Most all of Paul's writings are in response to those that would add the Jewish law requirements to his gospel of the grace of God. Galatians 3:1-10 is just one example.I want to tell you three reasons why I want to post this article.My wife, Cheryl, and I went on a cruise tour to Alaska in June 2003. She and I like to visit historical sites. In Juneau we found an old "Russian Orthodox Church" and there was a person there that gave us a tour of the building. Towards the back of the room there was a partition that went from one side of the room to the other. In the middle of this partition was an arched doorway with a red curtain in it, (think veil of the Temple Matthew 27:51). It was explained that only the Priest could go behind that veil. It was also said that the Priest must offer up incense before the podium that stood before the curtain.In July of this same year Cheryl and I attended a wedding in an "Eastern Orthodox Church." The inside of the church was the same as the "Russian Orthodox Church" and they had the same functions. During the wedding ceremony the Priest went behind the curtain and took a pot of incense with small decorative ropes and brought it out from behind the partition. This incense was swung around the podium. The Priest asked each of the bride and groom the same question "three time" and after each answer he would lead the couple around the podium swinging the incense and chanting in a monotone voice. The explanation was that the ceremony had to reference each member of the trinity.Thinking about these things I realized that the RCC uses incense around the podium too and have other rituals and ceremonies that they say a person has to do to be saved and to be kept saved.It seems to me that the Judaizers started the three churches listed above and that many of these same things are found in protestant churches. Have we begun in the spirit and fallen back into a form of Judaism? Did the JUDAIZERS win a place in history? Can anyone tell me that they are no longer with us?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I think you have some things confused Christianity is based in Judism its our roots and the things of the Old testament were taught them/us by God himself. They all had/have symbolic meanings that if you understand them many were types fore runners examples pointing to Christ. Understanding the symbols holidays,feasts practices of Judism in the Old testament can teach much about the deeper things in Gods Word. God did nothing without a reasonGod has temporaily put a slumber upon the Jews because they did not accept Christ at his first coming because they misunderstood the prophecys thought he would come as King of Kings they missed he would come twice they are still waiting for the Messiah to come.The Jews will be awaked from the slumber in the End Times during the tribulation and God says he will join Jew and Christian togther into one stick under Christ.So be careful do not think for one minute that Jews are not still as much Gods people same as Christians. The fact they do not know this because of their slumber doesnt excuse us as it is written and we are to understand it.As far as the RRC they follow their doctrines mixed between some Jewish some Christian and some Pagon we fortunatly are required to have no rituals, ect because we are saved by Grace in Jesus Christ. A fact Jews do not understand. YET but they will.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(kriss;57011)
... we fortunatly are required to have no rituals, ect because we are saved by Grace in Jesus Christ. A fact Jews do not understand. YET but they will.
The Christian church has, in fact, a number of rituals that are observed quite often. Every time you partake of Communion (The Lord's Supper) you participate in a Christian ritual. Baptism is another common Christian ritual. Reciting the Lord's Prayer can be a ritual. Ritual; 1)an established and prescribed pattern of observance, e.g. in a religion,2)the observance of actions or procedures in a set, ordered, and ceremonial way,3)the system of set procedures and actions of a group,4)a pattern of actions or words followed regularly and precisely.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
(kriss;57011)
I think you have some things confused Christianity is based in Judism its our roots and the things of the Old testament were taught them/us by God himself. They all had/have symbolic meanings that if you understand them many were types fore runners examples pointing to Christ. Understanding the symbols holidays,feasts practices of Judism in the Old testament can teach much about the deeper things in Gods Word. God did nothing without a reasonGod has temporaily put a slumber upon the Jews because they did not accept Christ at his first coming because they misunderstood the prophecys thought he would come as King of Kings they missed he would come twice they are still waiting for the Messiah to come.The Jews will be awaked from the slumber in the End Times during the tribulation and God says he will join Jew and Christian togther into one stick under Christ.So be careful do not think for one minute that Jews are not still as much Gods people same as Christians. The fact they do not know this because of their slumber doesnt excuse us as it is written and we are to understand it.As far as the RRC they follow their doctrines mixed between some Jewish some Christian and some Pagon we fortunatly are required to have no rituals, ect because we are saved by Grace in Jesus Christ. A fact Jews do not understand. YET but they will.
I read no further than your statement that I am confussed. I just can't get over the fact that some choose to try and put others down with these stupid statements that add nothing to a discussion except hard feelings.I hope you enjoy the thread.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
In the thread "Synagogues and Christian Churches" it was said that the organized church was a means of the clergy to separate and elevate themselves above the common Christian.I see this same thing in the churches mentioned in this thread. The clergy has put up a red curtain that separates the people from God and elevates them from the rest of the people.This is not Christainity. In Christianity all stand equal before God. We are all sinners saved by the grace of God. The only one between God and us is Jesus Christ.But I see that many in Christianity want the clergy to be elevated above them because then they think they can place the responciblity for their salvation in the hands of men THEY THINK they can trust. They don't have to search the scriptures to see if things are true. They place that responcibility in the hands of others (men) who are just as much sinners as they are.