Reminders about God’s love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here, my brother in Christ, @amigo de christo, explains the definition of God’s love, (charity in our KJV bibles).

“Let us understand the love that comes From God .
For GOD is love and love comes from God .
If we have not charity then it profits us nothing .
So let us examine well for ourselves what charity truly is according to God . According to the truth .
For if we have not charity , i warn us all it profits us nothing .
Many can claim to KNOW GOD , yet if they have not charity , they lie and walk in darkness .
So its very important that we truly do have charity .
For our source i shall take us to the bible . To show us what the true version of charity truly is and what it entails .
If i came hollering GOD is love yet i shot up a building , would anyone believe that i knew GOD or truly had love . OF course not . Murder is evil . its not love .
Now let us examine the charity that the true church knew and taught .
Open bibles to corinthians chapter thirteen .
As we see paul is busy writing to the corinthain church to express the dire importance of having charity .
Let us examine a few things .
IF we read , we notice that paul says that even if i gave my BODY to be burned and had not Charity it would profit me nothing .
SO having CHARITY is a dire needful thing . Lets look again at what He says .
Even if i gave ALL OF MY GOODS TO THE POOR , yet had not charity it profits me nothing .
So lets examine this as well . EVEN IF gave all of my goods , ALL of them , YET had not charity it profits me nothing .
Notice he said ALL of my goods . SO is it possible to be a giver to the poor and yet not have charity . YES IT IS . I was in boyscouts once
we were well taught to do good to people , to give to others . YET i was a pagan lost in my sin who knew not GOD and had not charity .
YES one can have charitable acts and yet STILL not have charity .
SO we better dig in real deep to what CHARITY TRULY IS . CAUSE If we do not have it , WE DO NOT KNOW GOD .
Ever wonder why JESUS said , that many will say , BUT LORD didnt we do many good works in your name , YET HE STILL says I NEVER KNEW YOU ...................YE who worked what .......................INQUITY .
SO lets continue on . Paul says very clear what CHARITY IS and what it IS NOT .
Charity LOVETH TRUTH . TRUTH . IT REJOICES IN TRUTH . TRUTH .
Charity does NOT , however REJOICE IN INQUITY . As we see that is the reason JESUS said DEPART FROM ME , YE WHO WORKED INQUITY .
But let us continue . It goes on to say that charity does not behave itself UNSEEMINGLY .
SO if we behave unseeminly ITS PROOF we do NOT have charity .
NOW GOD IS LOVE . WE better KNOW that we have HIS LOVE , HIS CHARITY UPON OUR HEARTS .
FOR if we love not , IF we have not charity , IT wont matter if i gave all my goods to the poor . IT PROFITS ME NOTHING .
SO let us examine to see what things are unseemingly .
For that i invite us to read romans chapter one .
Notice it says back biters , haters of God
Let me quoate something .
And likewise even the men gave up the natural use of the woman and burned in their lust one towards another
Working that WHICH IS UNSEEMINGLY .
OH dear . That means it wont matter if folks gave all the goods they had to the poor , IF THEY behave UNSEEMINGLY , THEY AINT GOT CHARITY .
Now let that sink in . I LOVE FOLKS . ITS WHY I WARN any who calls themselves christain to repent of inquity .
I mean if we do not have charity , WE DOOMED . WE are not of GOD . And do remember that charity REJOICES ONLY IN THE TRUTH
NOT in inquity . IT DONT HONOR SIN . IT DONT call sin good . It dont allow sin upon its brothers . IT warns folks .
I allow my near and dear sister to post the verses to all from corinithains chapter thirteen and romans chapter one .
I DO THIS OUT OF LOVE FOR ALL PEOPLES . EVEN THOSE WHO HATE ME MOST . MY DESIRE IS LIFE FOR EVEN THOSE WHO WISH MY DEATH .
WE better KNOW we have CHARITY . OR WE DONT KNOW GOD . Its just another jesus and another gosple and that cannot save . “

“For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:26-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:1-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the insight, I took it to heart.

It doesn’t change the validity of you point but the word “unseemly” in 1Co 13:5 & Rom 1:27 is not the same Greek word.
The Corinthians term appears to be more general acting improper wherein the Romans term is more of shameful indecency.

In 1Co 13:5 the Greek is ἀσχημονέω which shows defined as acts unbecomingly (act improperly, act dishonorably).
It is the same word as in 1 Co 7:36 “But if any man think that he behaveth himself Uncomely toward his virgin”

Rom 1:27 has the Greek ἀσχημοσύνη which defines as indecency, shame, nakedness, lewdness.
The word is also used in Revelation 16:15 “Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his Shame.”

Thanks again,

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here, my brother in Christ, @amigo de christo, explains the definition of God’s love, (charity in our KJV bibles).

“Let us understand the love that comes From God .
For GOD is love and love comes from God .
If we have not charity then it profits us nothing .
So let us examine well for ourselves what charity truly is according to God . According to the truth .
For if we have not charity , i warn us all it profits us nothing .
Many can claim to KNOW GOD , yet if they have not charity , they lie and walk in darkness .
So its very important that we truly do have charity .
For our source i shall take us to the bible . To show us what the true version of charity truly is and what it entails .
If i came hollering GOD is love yet i shot up a building , would anyone believe that i knew GOD or truly had love . OF course not . Murder is evil . its not love .
Now let us examine the charity that the true church knew and taught .
Open bibles to corinthians chapter thirteen .
As we see paul is busy writing to the corinthain church to express the dire importance of having charity .
Let us examine a few things .
IF we read , we notice that paul says that even if i gave my BODY to be burned and had not Charity it would profit me nothing .
SO having CHARITY is a dire needful thing . Lets look again at what He says .
Even if i gave ALL OF MY GOODS TO THE POOR , yet had not charity it profits me nothing .
So lets examine this as well . EVEN IF gave all of my goods , ALL of them , YET had not charity it profits me nothing .
Notice he said ALL of my goods . SO is it possible to be a giver to the poor and yet not have charity . YES IT IS . I was in boyscouts once
we were well taught to do good to people , to give to others . YET i was a pagan lost in my sin who knew not GOD and had not charity .
YES one can have charitable acts and yet STILL not have charity .
SO we better dig in real deep to what CHARITY TRULY IS . CAUSE If we do not have it , WE DO NOT KNOW GOD .
Ever wonder why JESUS said , that many will say , BUT LORD didnt we do many good works in your name , YET HE STILL says I NEVER KNEW YOU ...................YE who worked what .......................INQUITY .
SO lets continue on . Paul says very clear what CHARITY IS and what it IS NOT .
Charity LOVETH TRUTH . TRUTH . IT REJOICES IN TRUTH . TRUTH .
Charity does NOT , however REJOICE IN INQUITY . As we see that is the reason JESUS said DEPART FROM ME , YE WHO WORKED INQUITY .
But let us continue . It goes on to say that charity does not behave itself UNSEEMINGLY .
SO if we behave unseeminly ITS PROOF we do NOT have charity .
NOW GOD IS LOVE . WE better KNOW that we have HIS LOVE , HIS CHARITY UPON OUR HEARTS .
FOR if we love not , IF we have not charity , IT wont matter if i gave all my goods to the poor . IT PROFITS ME NOTHING .
SO let us examine to see what things are unseemingly .
For that i invite us to read romans chapter one .
Notice it says back biters , haters of God
Let me quoate something .
And likewise even the men gave up the natural use of the woman and burned in their lust one towards another
Working that WHICH IS UNSEEMINGLY .
OH dear . That means it wont matter if folks gave all the goods they had to the poor , IF THEY behave UNSEEMINGLY , THEY AINT GOT CHARITY .
Now let that sink in . I LOVE FOLKS . ITS WHY I WARN any who calls themselves christain to repent of inquity .
I mean if we do not have charity , WE DOOMED . WE are not of GOD . And do remember that charity REJOICES ONLY IN THE TRUTH
NOT in inquity . IT DONT HONOR SIN . IT DONT call sin good . It dont allow sin upon its brothers . IT warns folks .
I allow my near and dear sister to post the verses to all from corinithains chapter thirteen and romans chapter one .
I DO THIS OUT OF LOVE FOR ALL PEOPLES . EVEN THOSE WHO HATE ME MOST . MY DESIRE IS LIFE FOR EVEN THOSE WHO WISH MY DEATH .
WE better KNOW we have CHARITY . OR WE DONT KNOW GOD . Its just another jesus and another gosple and that cannot save . “

“For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:26-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:1-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬
He that does not love does not know God, because God is Love, so very true maam.

May I ask respectfully if God is in fact Love, and being referred to as a God of Justice as well, that He would torture people eternally in a lake of fire. I know that is a little bit of a different topic, but not really because it identifies His love.