Removing of the log...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 6:42 (NASB)
“Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother’s eye.

How does one take the log out of their own eye?

Scripture reading, prayer, fellowship, all these things are all good in themselves. But they are not the removing of the log.... They are the planting and the watering scripture speaks of... They are in fact very necessary as a means to the end, but are not the end in themselves..

For seeing clearly to take the speck out of your brothers eye can only come through knowing when to speak and say the words of life that come from the Christ that dwells in you... It does not come from the amount of scriptures you have memorized.... For that which is flesh is that which comes from self, regardless of how spiritual it may sound....That which comes from the life of Christ in a person, is life and truth, and this is that which alone can feed, and does cause growth and is that which speaks the words of life to the heart that is hungry... This knowing when to speak and when not to, can only come from ones close personal relationship with Christ, that has been seasoned with Grace, which is the believer having dealings with Him...This is Him being formed in the believer, this is self being crucified so the life of Christ might be manifested....This is the food that comes from above...

Since self is all the evil that a man possesses, self is the log in ones eye that needs to be removed before one can see clearly enough to work on the speck they see in someone else’s eye....For until self is removed self will be trying to help self, therefore self will be the only thing that is manifested... For self is the log and any and all forms of it...For until self is seen as the log that needs to be removed, self, human nature, the old creation will be that that is trying to fix that which it finds wrong in another...Which in truth, is just human nature trying to fix in another that which they know by instinct to be wrong in themselves....For self is the same in all, know self in yourself, you know self in all, for human nature is human nature...To be delivered from human nature or self is why Christ died... So until, He, as scripture says “Christ be formed in you” self has not been removed for Christ being formed in the believer is the removing the log of self...For Christ to be formed in, self must go out...

This is something that man is powerless to produce by the efforts of themselves..They can and must water and plant, which is the seeking of Christ out of a pure heart...But the increase of Christ in the heart is something that only God Himself can accomplish...Which He is more than willing to do when the heart has been made ready for and can handle the increase...So to plow and fertilize the soil, is the reading, studying, seeking His face, which is the asking, seeking, knocking scripture speaks of, but the increase can only come from the hand of God Himself....And this all comes through ones close personal relationship with Him....When one is actually being a do’er of the word, whereby one is going and has gone to Christ that they might receive from Him those things they have read about in scripture that scripture says are for them...Which things, all come through the faith of the heart turned to Him....The stronger the faith of the heart turns to Christ the more of Christ will that heart know...So they can see clearly enough to help another towards Christ, out of the Christ in them, and not done to elevate oneself over the other, and as scripture says, that they may “glory in another’s flesh”...Death to the log, death to self is the cure for what ails mankind, anything else is self trying to establish a righteousness of it’s own...Trying to make itself good enough for God...

Than the truth of this statement will be known;

~If it’s me, it’s sin, if it’s Christ, it’s not~

Be blessed as we seek and search after this God that has called us onto Himself..

A fellow laborer in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: onlyme17

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 6:39-42

"Now, He also gave them an illustration. A blind person is not able to be leading a blind person, is he ?

Will not both surely fall into a ditch ?

A pupil is not above the teacher. But everyone who has been completely equipped shall be as his teacher.

And why are you looking at the tiny splinter of wood in the eye of your brother,

but the log in your own eye you do not consider attentively ? How can you be saying to

your brother, Brother, allow me to draw out the tiny splinter of wood, the one in your eye,

when you yourself do not see the log in your eye ?

Actor on the stage of life, playing a role of something that you are not,

first
DRAW the log out of your eye and

THEN you shall see clearly in order to

DRAW out the tiny splinter of wood

THAT IS IN they eye of your brother."

WUEST NEW TESTAMENT (EXPANDED GREEK)

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 6:39-42

"Now, He also gave them an illustration. A blind person is not able to be leading a blind person, is he ?

Will not both surely fall into a ditch ?

A pupil is not above the teacher. But everyone who has been completely equipped shall be as his teacher.

And why are you looking at the tiny splinter of wood in the eye of your brother,

but the log in your own eye you do not consider attentively ? How can you be saying to

your brother, Brother, allow me to draw out the tiny splinter of wood, the one in your eye,

when you yourself do not see the log in your eye ?

Actor on the stage of life, playing a role of something that you are not,

first
DRAW the log out of your eye and

THEN you shall see clearly in order to

DRAW out the tiny splinter of wood

THAT IS IN they eye of your brother."

WUEST NEW TESTAMENT (EXPANDED GREEK)

Thank you for your scriptural thoughts and post..

Be most blessed as we learn Christ, Not me