Repent, convert, refresh…..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 3:19 (NKJV)
“Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Repent, convert, refresh, being the path one must walk if one would have Christ formed in them....

First the repenting, which is not a singular repenting but a constant turning of the heart to God….. It is the acknowledging that one is lacking, that one themselves is the problem, it is a seeing that sinful humanity can only sin….. But even more, it is a functioning from the reality that one does not see, know, or understand, that one is totally useless as to what one is in one’s own opinions and imaging; for it is the desire to be freed from all this that is repentance….. For it being a turning away from whatever God has His finger on at the moment and falling by faith into the ever loving arms of His mercy and grace…..

Then the converting, which is the actual changing, the actual doing of the will of God, and the actual denying of own will, which is getting the victory over that which God’s finger is on….. Then the fruit of that victory, the increase of Christ, which is the fruit of righteousness here being put forth as the refreshing…..

It is between the repenting and the converting that man has the struggles with, though it should not be so, for dead man have no struggles…. Because Jesus did die and the one that will believe into their death in Christ will sail through every repenting, through every converting and live in a constant state of refreshing…. A state of having the witness of the Spirit of God in themselves that one is walking in all the light one sees and therefore is pleasing to God….

For repent, convert, refresh is the path forward, and is to be the life of everyone that would be willing to be all His, holding back nothing of the life of self.….

Be blessed in being joined with Him in His death, and then the refreshing life of faith of being His, and in the tasting of the ever increasing reality of, Not me

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Acts 3:19 (NKJV)
“Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Repent, convert, refresh, being the path one must walk if one would have Christ formed in them....

First the repenting, which is not a singular repenting but a constant turning of the heart to God….. It is the acknowledging that one is lacking, that one themselves is the problem, it is a seeing that sinful humanity can only sin….. But even more, it is a functioning from the reality that one does not see, know, or understand, that one is totally useless as to what one is in one’s own opinions and imaging; for it is the desire to be freed from all this that is repentance….. For it being a turning away from whatever God has His finger on at the moment and falling by faith into the ever loving arms of His mercy and grace…..
True, the command to repent is of all sin and sinning and now loving and walking with God.

But it certainly isn't without repenting of specifics. Otherwise it's only the imagining of loving God.
Then the converting, which is the actual changing, the actual doing of the will of God, and the actual denying of own will, which is getting the victory over that which God’s finger is on….. Then the fruit of that victory, the increase of Christ, which is the fruit of righteousness here being put forth as the refreshing…..
Be ye converted is not converting ourselves, but God converting us: Be ye converted by God. When all is forgiven of the past with all things now washed away by Him and all things are now new and of God, with nothing of the old sin and serpent remaining in nor with us.

This is the perfect conversion of being newborn and begotten of God the Father, even as the only begotten Son Jesus Christ:

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
It is between the repenting and the converting that man has the struggles with, though it should not be so, for dead man have no struggles….
It should be so to have temptations and be tested, even as Jesus was in all things. These are the struggles of our warfare to resist the devil.

It should not be so to being sinning. These are not struggles but falling flat on our faces to the devil, and not walking with the Son.

Because Jesus did die and the one that will believe into their death in Christ will sail through every repenting, through every converting
You mean every temptation, don't you. What does 'every repenting and converting' mean? Every time of sinning and repenting and converting again and again?

and live in a constant state of refreshing…. A state of having the witness of the Spirit of God in themselves that one is walking in all the light one sees and therefore is pleasing to God….
True. Walking always after the Spirit and not after the flesh at all.

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
True, the command to repent is of all sin and sinning and not loving and walking with God.

But it certainly isn't without repenting of specifics. Otherwise it's only the imagining of loving God.

Be ye converted is not converting ourselves, but God converting us: Be ye converted by God. When all is forgiven of the past with all things now washed away by Him and all things are now new and of God, with nothing of the old sin and serpent remaining in nor with us.

This is the perfect conversion of being newborn and begotten of God the Father, even as the only begotten Son Jesus Christ:

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

It should be so to have temptations and be tested, even as Jesus was in all things. These are the struggles of our warfare to resist the devil.

It should not be so to being sinning. These are not struggles but falling flat on our faces to the devil, and not walking with the Son.

You mean every temptation, don't you. What does 'every repenting and converting' mean? Every time of sinning and repenting and converting again and again?

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
Then again do you not believe there is the factor and reality of Christian growth to be considered....?:

Phl 3:9-16

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, the command to repent is of all sin and sinning and not loving and walking with God.

As the Spirit of Christ in you teaches you Himself, may you be blessed and blessed again in His love….

In His love, Not me

Reactions: Debp

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then again do you not believe there is the factor and reality of Christian growth to be considered....?:

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
These verses you quoted are so full of Christ, may we all experience the truths they are pointing to, in an ever increasing reality…..

Unto Him be our all, a fellow believer, Not me

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Yes, We grow in our newborn purity of heart and life, by adding virtue, knowledge, godliness, charity, etc... to our faith, in order to keep ourselves in His love and light, rather than fall into sinning again.

The pure religion of Jesus Christ is not the Christian religion of man, where we suppose we are 'growing' by learning to sin less and do more good than evil.

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Growth in Christ Jesus, in whom is no lust and sin, is not human progression of becoming less lustful and corrupt.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sin, with a large S is falling short of the target, failing to meet God's standards, being separated from him and so it is repenting - turning our backs on the world and confessing our need for Him - That brings us Salvation.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, We grow in our newborn purity of heart and life, by adding virtue, knowledge, godliness, charity, etc... to our faith, in order to keep ourselves in His love and light, rather than fall into sinning again.

The pure religion of Jesus Christ is not the Christian religion of man, where we suppose we are 'growing' by learning to sin less and do more good than evil.

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Growth in Christ Jesus, in whom is no lust and sin, is not human progression of becoming less lustful and corrupt.
Even Jesus LEARNED obedience by the things which He suffered. Who has suffered in the body is done with sin. There is a progressive sanctification going on and that is why the Lord chastises us as sons. Confess your faults one to another seems to suggest that believers have faults.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin, with a large S is falling short of the target, failing to meet God's standards, being separated from him and so it it is repenting - turning our backs on the world and confessing our need for Him - That brings us Salvation.
actually , what is it the Spirit convicts one of .......
and he will convict them of sin because THEY BELIEVE NOT ON ME . yeah , Time the church learns again
the DIRE NEED to BELIEVE ON CHRIST JESUS and to remind all to do so .
Cause this other so called love i see getting taught under the all inclusive banner is allowing folks to DIE IN UNBELIEF , IN SIN .
Remember that the next time one tries to sell the church a lie like , OH MUSLIMS and other religoins worship the same GOD we do .
Cause that be a LIE FROM THE DEVIL , EL DIABLO , EL HOMBRE DI MINTIDAS Y MUERTE .
HIMS a liar and hims will preach a false love that makes the path to GOD VERY , AND I MEAN VERY BROAD .

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
actually , what is it the Spirit convicts one of .......
and he will convict them of sin because THEY BELIEVE NOT ON ME . yeah , Time the church learns again
the DIRE NEED to BELIEVE ON CHRIST JESUS and to remind all to do so .
Cause this other so called love i see getting taught under the all inclusive banner is allowing folks to DIE IN UNBELIEF , IN SIN .
Remember that the next time one tries to sell the church a lie like , OH MUSLIMS and other religoins worship the same GOD we do .
Cause that be a LIE FROM THE DEVIL , EL DIABLO , EL HOMBRE DI MINTIDAS Y MUERTE .
HIMS a liar and hims will preach a false love that makes the path to GOD VERY , AND I MEAN VERY BROAD .
A big AMEN! brother. The bible teaches that God's people are not to be "united" with people of the world. God says that friendship with the world is enmity with Him. And be not unequally yoked with unbelievers, but come out from among them and be ye separate, and I will receive you says the LORD. We are in the world but not OF it. How we need His word to light our path! Because the way that seemeth right to man.......ISN'T. The way that seemeth right to man is the broad way that leads to death/destruction.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Sin, with a large S is falling short of the target, failing to meet God's standards, being separated from him and so it is repenting - turning our backs on the world and confessing our need for Him - That brings us Salvation.
Amen.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Even Jesus LEARNED obedience by the things which He suffered.
Are you saying Jesus disobeyed and so learned obedience? Then neither do the sons of God learn obedience by sinning, but only learn obedience by enduring temptations and tribulations.

Born sons of God, like the Son, learn how to continue obeying the Father, while enduring temptation.

The children of disobedience only learn how to continue disobeying by falling to temptation.

No man is growing in Christ while sinning, but only growing in sinfulness.

Pure babes grow up in their purity, to become pure grown ups.

Sons of God are pure grown, not sin grown.

Who has suffered in the body is done with sin.
True. When we suffer in the flesh to resist sin, then we learn the obedience of being done with it.

There is a progressive sanctification going on
Progressive sinful Christian religion is not the pure religion of Jesus Christ. God only has obedient sons, not religious children of disobedience learning to 'sin less' than before.

Nothing personal, but I'm not a member of your Christian religion of unrepented sinners. Nor the Muslim and Buddhist's religion of unrepented sinners.

and that is why the Lord chastises us as sons.
The chastisement of the the Father for His obedient sons, is not the chastisement of the Lord for disobedient men.

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Faith toward God is not being tried when sinning, but is failed and being destroyed.

Sons are scourged thru trials of faith, to learn how to continue to obey no matter what the circumstances.

The disobedient children of the world are chastised with the rod of iron to repent.

The Father deals with sons on how to keep ourselves repented and walking in the light. He only has one commandment for the sinners: Repent and be reconciled to God.

I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

If a son bastardizes himself from the Father by disobedience, then he is chastised the exact same as all the children of disobedience: Repent and be reconciled to God.

Unlike sinful men, God the Father is not a respecter of persons based on 'loins' affiliation.

Confess your faults one to another seems to suggest that believers have faults.
True. If we have faults. It's not a doctrinal statement nor commandment to have faults. Now are we commanded to have sin and always say we have sin.

It's simple. Unrepented religious people speak of when you sin, as a foregone conclusion. Repented sons of God simply know we can sin, but only if we do not stand fast and endure temptation in Christ.

Man's religion ministers less sinning at best. Jesus' pure religion ministers sinning not as the standard.

You minister still sinning, because you've not first repented of sinning, in order to have faith toward God. Therefore, your faith is not given by Jesus unto righteousness, but is a faith of your own standard unto sinning less, but never sinning not.

God is not a respecter of persons. If you will just repent of sinning once for all, then He will also freelygive you the faith and power of His Son Jesus, with a whole new heart of Christ for righteousness, holiness, and pure charity.

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The default setting unless we opt out and choose Jesus.
Love, love the way you have stated this......I'm so glad we were offered the opt-out in Jesus Christ.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even Jesus LEARNED obedience by the things which He suffered. Who has suffered in the body is done with sin. There is a progressive sanctification going on and that is why the Lord chastises us as sons. Confess your faults one to another seems to suggest that believers have faults.

2Timothy 2:11-14
It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: if we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: if we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Matthew 10:33
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

1 Peter 5:
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

IT seems to me the word states that by our suffering, which will only be a while makes us perfect ( matures us), establishes (grounds us), strengthens and settles us, (grows our faith and gives us the things to help us press towards the mark in the HS)

Ppl that deny him do not diminish Christ nor his efficacy of Salvation, he came to do the will of the Father; as God, whom dwelt among us as flesh !

• Love
Reactions: Lizbeth