Repentance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Repentance:To the religious mind, repenting of sins is something that a person does, at some time or other, to ask for forgiveness. I say it this way because, for them, they must pick a time and go to God in a prayer of words and ask for forgiveness. To them, it is not a "CONSTANT ATTITUDE" of the heart.True repentance "IS" a "CONSTANT ATTITUDE" of the heart and is not an action that is done at some place or time. --- It is constantly acknowledging (admitting to God) that you are a sinful person in the flesh and that you need His forgiveness, the need for God, who paid for your sins, to save you from your sinful nature in the flesh. --- It is constantly trusting (having faith) in the forgiveness that you have "in Christ" because of what Jesus (God) did on the cross. -- It is a constant humble walk with God (the Holy Spirit that lives in your heart) in honesty, without deceit, and trusting in Him to save you from your sins. -- To be exact it is and attitude of the heart and it is not a ritual that you do at some place or time.Ps 32:1-21 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.2 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.(NKJ)Deceit = dishonesty / a person saying they have no sin is being dishonest (deceitful) with God. Therefore having a constant honest attitude of acknowledging your sinful nature to God and placing your faith, trust, confidence, and hope in God's work on the cross to save you is true repentance. A person that does not acknowledge his/her sins (sinful nature) is being dishonest with God and will feel no need to have an attitude of repentance.Luke 18:11-1411 "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men-- extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.12 'I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'13 "And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'14 "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."(NKJ)Food for thoughtRichard

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(RichardBurger;46921)
Repentance:To the religious mind, repenting of sins is something that a person does, at some time or other, to ask for forgiveness. I say it this way because, for them, they must pick a time and go to God in a prayer of words and ask for forgiveness. To them, it is not a "CONSTANT ATTITUDE" of the heart.True repentance "IS" a "CONSTANT ATTITUDE" of the heart and is not an action that is done at some place or time. --- It is constantly acknowledging (admitting to God) that you are a sinful person in the flesh and that you need His forgiveness, the need for God, who paid for your sins, to save you from your sinful nature in the flesh. --- It is constantly trusting (having faith) in the forgiveness that you have "in Christ" because of what Jesus (God) did on the cross. -- It is a constant humble walk with God (the Holy Spirit that lives in your heart) in honesty, without deceit, and trusting in Him to save you from your sins. -- To be exact it is and attitude of the heart and it is not a ritual that you do at some place or time.
This is the truth. Repentance is an attitude -- if you offend God in some way, you are willing to ask forgiveness.However, look at this fellow:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atTSwau9fwMNotice his attitude towards asking forgiveness for sin (ie he is not sorry at all). He has no guilt for his sinful deeds. This guy reminds me of an atheistic version of the pharisees.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Paul said, "I die daily." We have to die to self and sin daily and rely on God's grace daily to get us through each day. It's not a one time battle that we win and never have to fight again. We are in a constant battle against an enemy who is relentless and doesn't tire as we do. We have to daily put on "all the armor of God", seek His will, and realize that we are not in this fight alone but have an omnipotent God on our side. We are on the winning side, but we should never take that for granted and let our guard down. Satan is constantly "as a roaring lion, walking about, seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8