Repenting for my woes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RepentantSinner

Jan 13, 2020
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am a sinner and it’s been rather difficult to find out why that happened in the first place...

I have tried some unusual ways of showing penance.

Any tips for repentance?

Reactions: Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am a sinner and it’s been rather difficult to find out why that happened in the first place...

I have tried some unusual ways of showing penance.

Any tips for repentance?

Yes, say "God I am truly sorry for my sins, thank you for sending Jesus to pay the price of my forgiveness."

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums @RepentantSinner
It seems I am repenting constantly as my thoughts can (IMO) be all over the place and I know some of them are not pleasing to God and, NO I am not speaking of "sexual" thoughts, lol. That bus has long since past by. I struggle to forgive a couple people who hurt and used me badly but, I know that He knows that I WANT to forgive from my heart...it is spoken yet, I still need to feel it in my heart. We all have our place on the narrow road and it is all about growth so, just ask Him to bring to your mind the things you need to repent of. It is simply a term for "turning away" from sin and asking and thanking Him for His forgiveness.
Gods Blessings!
nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@RepentantSinner Romans 2 is a great chapter about repentance, which is the result of the goodness of God leading us in our lives. :)

(The idea of penance is more religious/ecclesiatical rules that are supposedly imposed; but repentance Biblically is a Godward thing, and is inward and spiritual, and linked with faith: "Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ." (Acts 20.21)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All we can do is to lay at God's feet those sins we can remember as we ask forgiveness. As we grow in Christ and in our faith, more past sins may become apparent to us and as they do we need to bring them to God as and when. But when we repent we are turning away from all our sin and making the decision to do things God's way. We should not continue to beat ourselves up otherwise we let the past still have a hold on us. If you have repented consider the slate wiped clean.