Resting At Home Base

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“Resting At Home Base”
Psalm 91:1-2 NLT
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust in him.

I remember the old-fashioned game of tag as a child. It’s one of the most cherished childhood games that so many grew to love. It was fun to run around and try to avoid the person who was “it” and not get tagged! I also remember how challenging it was to try to avoid the person who was “it”. Sometimes, it was easy if the person was slower, but then other times it was very challenging if the person was fast.

One thing I clearly remember was always having a “home base” in the game. Even though the game could get very intense as we ran out of breath, it was always reassuring to know that I could go to home base and rest for a bit. While at home base, I was safe and no one could get me “out”. It was a safe refuge for a period of time until I left home base. It was just a great feeling to know that I could go to home base at any time and feel safe. However, most of the time I played tag, there were rules that you could only stay at home base for a certain amount of time and then had to get back into the game.

As I read this passage and thought of the game of tag that I used to play, and sometimes still do, I couldn’t help but think about how things are in today’s world. No matter what is going on in life and what chaos is going on around us, it is always so refreshing to know that God is and will always be our refuge. We can rest at home base with Him knowing that He is always there to welcome us and give us peace and strength. This isn’t to say, unfortunately, that nothing can bother us or affect us in any way, but when we are close to Him and resting in Him, He does give us peace no matter what storms come our way.

Friends, we are all weathering many different storms this year in different ways. So many things have been going on and flooding our lives with fear or just not knowing what’s ahead. I have found myself thinking so often, “Will this ever end?” I’m sure so many of you are as well.

While we don’t know how long any of this craziness will last, one thing we know for certain and can be assured of is that we can go to home base and rest in the arms of Almighty God. Again, we won’t become immune to all that is going on around us, but we will have peace and feel safe knowing that He is in control. We just have to trust in Him.

Reactions: amadeus