Resurrected glory question?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What type of body will you have in the resurrection

• Physical

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Spiritual

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've always been fascinated with the resurrection. So I have a question. Will we be resurrected in the same body you lived here on earth? Consider this:

1 Corinthians 15:41-44

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I consider both a spiritual resurrection and a physical resurrection. I thought these ideas might be a good debate. But I also wonder as to the glory of the resurrection.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've always been fascinated with the resurrection. So I have a question. Will we be resurrected in the same body you lived here on earth? Consider this:

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Have you ever considered that those humans who are Jesus disciples and are righteous that some of those who are righteous and resurrected will get immortal spiritual bodies and be kings, priests and judges ruling over Earth in heaven, in that Messianic kingdom Jesus has been made king of and others will get resurrected with mortal bodies on Earth who will live forever on paradise earth.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Without the bodily resurrection which was permanent one has no Savior and you are still dead in your sins according to the Apostle Paul. (1 Cor 15:17)

Luke 24:37-43
37 But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit. 38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." 40 And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. 41 While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" 42 They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish; 43 and He took it and ate it before them.

John 20:24-25
24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples were saying to him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."

John 20:27-28
27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe." 28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

There is one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. (Tim 2:5) post ascension.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.(Heb 13:5) Changeless, Immutable. Jesus was a man when He walked this earth, when He Ascended and when He will return again at His 2nd Coming.

1 Cor 15:1-8
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.

1 Cor 15:14-18
14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.

2 Cor 5:1-10
For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies. 4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it's not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit.6 So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. 7 For we live by believing and not by seeing. 8 Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. 9 So whether we are here in this body or away from this body, our goal is to please him.

In Heaven....Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken [this is] the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Look up the meaning of the word soma below, it always means a physical body in relation to anthropos(man).

His Body.....Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Philippians 3:21- Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Matthew 27:52-53
52 The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Philippians 3:20-21
And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

1 Corinthians 15:44-45
44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without the bodily resurrection which was permanent one has no Savior and you are still dead in your sins according to the Apostle Paul. (1 Cor 15:17)

Luke 24:37-43
37 But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit. 38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." 40 And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. 41 While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" 42 They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish; 43 and He took it and ate it before them.

John 20:24-25
24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples were saying to him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."

John 20:27-28
27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe." 28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

There is one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. (Tim 2:5) post ascension.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.(Heb 13:5) Changeless, Immutable. Jesus was a man when He walked this earth, when He Ascended and when He will return again at His 2nd Coming.

1 Cor 15:1-8
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.

1 Cor 15:14-18
14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.

2 Cor 5:1-10
For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies. 4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it's not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit.6 So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. 7 For we live by believing and not by seeing. 8 Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. 9 So whether we are here in this body or away from this body, our goal is to please him.

In Heaven....Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken [this is] the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Look up the meaning of the word soma below, it always means a physical body in relation to anthropos(man).

His Body.....Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Philippians 3:21- Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Matthew 27:52-53
52 The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Philippians 3:20-21
And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

1 Corinthians 15:44-45
44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

hope this helps !!!
I understand that we are resurrected with bodies, I also believe in a spiritual resurrection of the spirit also. That ones body and spirit are both resurrected.

Did Jesus' resurrected body have more glory than the others resurrected?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever considered that those humans who are Jesus disciples and are righteous that some of those who are righteous and resurrected will get immortal spiritual bodies and be kings, priests and judges ruling over Earth in heaven, in that Messianic kingdom Jesus has been made king of and others will get resurrected with mortal bodies on Earth who will live forever on paradise earth.
Yes that is something I wonder about, different degrees of glory of the resurrection.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that we are resurrected with bodies, I also believe in a spiritual resurrection of the spirit also. That ones body and spirit are both resurrected.

Did Jesus' resurrected body have more glory than the others resurrected?
Yes man is body,soul and spirit now and in the Resurrection. the difference being:

Earthly- Heavenly (verse 40)
Perishable- Imperishable (verse 42)
Weak- Powerful (verse 43)
Natural-Supernatural (verse 44)
Mortal- Immortal (verse 53)

hope this helps !!!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes man is body,soul and spirit now and in the Resurrection. the difference being:

Earthly- Heavenly (verse 40)
Perishable- Imperishable (verse 42)
Weak- Powerful (verse 43)
Natural-Supernatural (verse 44)
Mortal- Immortal (verse 53)

hope this helps !!!
Yes it does because I can't imagine that Jesus could be killed now. Though he did say he laid his own life down on the cross.

John 10:18

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

No, definitely not the same body as on earth. 'Food for stomachs, and stomachs for food, but God will do away with both. 'That which is temporal does not inherit the eternal'. 'The glory of one being, is not the same as the glory of another' i.e the fleshly man does not share the same glory as the spiritual.
The bodies that house our spirit on this earth, are non-conducive to an eternal environment. We require constant maintenance, and some of that involves death to either plants or animals. It also involves refuse, decay and sewage - which is not compatible to a holy realm (Deuteronomy 23:11-15). For what will be the purpose of a penis in heaven, or a woman's reproductive organs? What age, stature or development will our bodies have during a perpetual existence? Will one's hair grow or nails need to be cut, etc...?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, definitely not the same body as on earth. 'Food for stomachs, and stomachs for food, but God will do away with both. 'That which is temporal does not inherit the eternal'. 'The glory of one being, is not the same as the glory of another' i.e the fleshly man does not share the same glory as the spiritual.
The bodies that house our spirit on this earth, are non-conducive to an eternal environment. We require constant maintenance, and some of that involves death to either plants or animals. It also involves refuse, decay and sewage - which is not compatible to a holy realm (Deuteronomy 23:11-15). For what will be the purpose of a penis in heaven, or a woman's reproductive organs? What age, stature or development will our bodies have during a perpetual existence? Will one's hair grow or nails need to be cut, etc...?

I once had a visit from the Holy Spirit proclaiming the resurrection. And I was shown the glory of the body of a certain resurrections. And it was glorious for resurrected children. And in the core of the Lord of Lords, King of Kings had a light in it, some kind of energy source I think.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I once had a visit from the Holy Spirit proclaiming the resurrection. And I was shown the glory of the body of a certain resurrections. And it was glorious for resurrected children. And in the core of the Lord of Lords, King of Kings had a light in it, some kind of energy source I think.
Sorry DW, these prophecies and revelations that everyone keeps having on these forums, is absolutely ridiculous and flaky to me.
To the point that you made several follies in your description of your alleged theophany. There are no varying ages in heaven, we will be like the angels (Mark 12:25), thus, you saw no children. Plus, no one from earth is in heaven until Judgement Day, except Christ Jesus. And you just called Jesus a light bulb, regardless of the intensity, wattage or lumens.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry DW, these prophecies and revelations that everyone keeps having on these forums, is absolutely ridiculous and flaky to me.
To the point that you made several follies in your description of your alleged theophany. There are no varying ages in heaven, we will be like the angels (Mark 12:25), thus, you saw no children. Plus, no one from earth is in heaven until Judgement Day, except Christ Jesus. And you just called Jesus a light bulb, regardless of the intensity, wattage or lumens.

I understand your skepticism. You didn't have these visions, I did. And you probably get your ideas from the Bible and stop there. And the bible doesn't share much information about beyond the earthly existence.

But they were "children of God" thou in the vision, they appeared to me as adults. :) Also the light was a matter-antimatter reaction which was ultimately powerful, so that he was mighty of body. Beyond human. I wouldn't use the term "light bulb" since it's derogatory, just like I wouldn't call people "ape-like" humans, even though they look like evolved apes. It's derogatory. And the matter-antimatter flowed from a God given source and fueled his body with power.

Jesus had a human body and was pierced with a spear and bleed on the cross. We know that from the bible. So my Lord of Lords, King of Kings vision was in the image of man, but of a Godly glory and power. So a normal human with a few calories of food can lift maybe 500 pounds of weight, but with megatons of energy a matter-antimatter body could lift what?

I also had a vision of God the Father and he appeared from a distance which he showed me that was the center of the universe. And he appeared in a metal body and had a beard. And had power to compress space-time and create massive amounts of power, enough to detonate galaxies into existence. He also showed me that he had another body which was more like human and the Lord of Lord's King of Kings. And he spoke and taught me to worship Jesus the Christ.

I usually don't share these visions, because I'm aware people will cast doubt on them, since most only know what they've read from the bible.

Last edited:

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well from what I understood there is neither male or female as we know it when we go to heaven.
So you would have a new body, no need to resurrect a body out of dust.
Those who are caught up at his coming will change.

My take on this so far.

Reactions: DNB and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well from what I understood there is neither male or female as we know it when we go to heaven.
So you would have a new body, no need to resurrect a body out of dust.
Those who are caught up at his coming will change.

My take on this so far.

Yeah there should be no need for reproduction that's for sure.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I understand your skepticism. You didn't have these visions, I did. And you probably get your ideas from the Bible and stop there. And the bible doesn't share much information about beyond the earthly existence.

But they were "children of God" thou in the vision, they appeared to me as adults. :) Also the light was a matter-antimatter reaction which was ultimately powerful, so that he was mighty of body. Beyond human. I wouldn't use the term "light bulb" since it's derogatory, just like I wouldn't call people "ape-like" humans, even though they look like evolved apes. It's derogatory. And the matter-antimatter flowed from a God given source and fueled his body with power.

Jesus had a human body and was pierced with a spear and bleed on the cross. We know that from the bible. So my Lord of Lords, King of Kings vision was in the image of man, but of a Godly glory and power. So a normal human with a few calories of food can lift maybe 500 pounds of weight, but with megatons of energy a matter-antimatter body could lift what?

I also had a vision of God the Father and he appeared from a distance which he showed me that was the center of the universe. And he appeared in a metal body and had a beard. And had power to compress space-time and create massive amounts of power, enough to detonate galaxies into existence. He also showed me that he had another body which was more like human and the Lord of Lord's King of Kings. And he spoke and taught me to worship Jesus the Christ.

I usually don't share these visions, because I'm aware people will cast doubt on them, since most only know what they've read from the bible.
There has to be guidelines DW, that's why any prudent person will weigh what they hear against the examples that the Bible has given. Otherwise, anything goes, including charlatans, delusions, hallucinations or drug-trips. To me, your visions made no sense, and again, were antithetical to Biblical teaching, especially your Jesus being God nonsense. And, as I said, your delineation of age in heaven, and finally, your misunderstanding of who is actually in heaven right now - no saints, they are all asleep waiting for Christ's return.

This is why I have no faith in your vision, and every single other person's, vision or prophecy, that I've read so far on Christian forums.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There has to be guidelines DW, that's we any prudent person will weigh what they hear against the examples that the Bible has given. Otherwise, anything goes, including charlatans, delusions, hallucinations or drug-trips. To me, your visions made no sense, and again, were antithetical to Biblical teaching, especially your Jesus being God nonsense. And, as I said, your delineation of age in heaven, and finally, your misunderstanding of who is actually in heaven right now - no saints, they are all asleep waiting for Christ's return.

This is why I have no faith in your vision, and every single other person's, vision or prophecy, that I've read so far on Christian forums.

Well in this world of false prophecies and Christian delusion, you are safe in your position. So in my opinion it's better than many others positions of unquestioned acceptance of mainstream Christian delusion. Cheers :)

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well in this world of false prophecies and Christian delusion, you are safe in your position. So in my opinion it's better than many others positions of unquestioned acceptance of mainstream Christian delusion. Cheers :)
My sentiments exactly, very well said!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sentiments exactly, very well said!

I would much rather see people like you than some other fanatics I see at different times. They often are aggressive in their preaching of Hell and Death, instead of preaching more Heaven and Life. Focusing on the darkness instead of the light. Or am I imaging that?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would much rather see people like you than some other fanatics I see at different times. They often are aggressive in their preaching of Hell and Death, instead of preaching more Heaven and Life. Focusing on the darkness instead of the light. Or am I imaging that?
Well, your comment didn't address the fact if they are true or not, unless that was your point - preaching hell fire is a sign that a person's vision is incorrect?
I think that truth is truth, and that hell-fire is a part of God's Word, so invariably, it must be addressed. I don't think this his anything to do with the veracity of their claim?
But, if you are saying that you prefer to hear prophecy of good things, rather than bad, then that's subjective and maybe even a denial of the truth?

My problem is with the clichés that any 1st year Sunday School child can cite, this clearly shows that it is their own vain imaginations that they claim to be speaking under the auspices of God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, your comment didn't address the fact if they are true or not, unless that was your point - preaching hell fire is a sign that a person's vision is incorrect?
I think that truth is truth, and that hell-fire is a part of God's Word, so invariably, it must be addressed. I don't think this his anything to do with the veracity of their claim?
But, if you are saying that you prefer to hear prophecy of good things, rather than bad, then that's subjective and maybe even a denial of the truth?

My problem is with the clichés that any 1st year Sunday School child can cite, this clearly shows that it is their own vain imaginations that they claim to be speaking under the auspices of God.

We can only know if their prophecies are true if they come to pass, which is recorded in the bible: Deuteronomy 18:22

"When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

That's the case, and some will take a dream which is metaphoric or symbolic and even when it doesn't come to pass they say it has. But liternal prophecy is easy to discern. Because if it doesn't happen then it is not from God. A good example of this craziness is of course end prophecies: List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events - Wikipedia

These prophecies seem to be mainstream. Or did I get that wrong?