Resurrender

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“Resurrender”
Matthew 16:24-25 NLT
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.”

I just got done reading through a 7 day devotional on the Bible app regarding Resurrender. It seems timely to me as a new year has begun and I’m reflecting on my walk with God and how I need to be more committed in my daily walk with Him.

As I thought to myself about things that we do daily in our lives, there are so many daily routines that we become accustomed to. From the time we get up in the morning to the time we go to bed at night, we have many routines that we go through each day. Many of these routines we don’t even think twice about because they have become such a habit. We just get used to doing the same things each day and it becomes second nature to us.

As I consider so much that I do on a daily basis, I think about my walk with God and what all I am doing each day to live for Him. This devotional I read reminded me that surrender is not just a one-time thing I did when I gave my life to Christ so many years ago. Each day, it needs to be a routine to surrender my life back to God. But it needs to be more than just a regular routine. Routine is and can be good, but I don’t want to just say the words that I surrender and go on with my day. I want my resurrender to God to be very heartfelt and very genuine.

We’ve experienced some challenging times lately in our home and we’ve been learning to really trust and rely on Him instead of our own understanding and strength. However, this is a daily decision we have to make. It is not easy to choose each day to deny ourselves and walk with Him in total surrender. I am learning that it is amazing to resurrender each day and watch Him work in ways I don’t understand. Even the days when I have no idea what He is doing, I still choose to resurrender because I know His ways are not my ways.

I need to choose each day to deny myself, take up my cross and follow Jesus without any reservations. Resurrender involves me being willing to completely give up my ways.

My prayer is that we will all make a genuine choice each new day to completely turn over our lives and resurrender to Him.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God gives you a hunger to seek Him, don't let it go. Don't let anyone or anything stop you. It's already an uphill battle with the distractions of life. Hold on to that conviction you have because it's not easy.

It's just like you said. Every day, we must commit our ways to the Lord.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
Yes, this day and no other, but what other day is there for a man in his flesh? Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow, as men speak of tomorrow, may never come. Today is the day to empty our hearts before God and let Him refill them as He will.

"...not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39
Give God the glory!

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“Resurrender”
Matthew 16:24-25 NLT
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.”

I just got done reading through a 7 day devotional on the Bible app regarding Resurrender. It seems timely to me as a new year has begun and I’m reflecting on my walk with God and how I need to be more committed in my daily walk with Him.

As I thought to myself about things that we do daily in our lives, there are so many daily routines that we become accustomed to. From the time we get up in the morning to the time we go to bed at night, we have many routines that we go through each day. Many of these routines we don’t even think twice about because they have become such a habit. We just get used to doing the same things each day and it becomes second nature to us.

As I consider so much that I do on a daily basis, I think about my walk with God and what all I am doing each day to live for Him. This devotional I read reminded me that surrender is not just a one-time thing I did when I gave my life to Christ so many years ago. Each day, it needs to be a routine to surrender my life back to God. But it needs to be more than just a regular routine. Routine is and can be good, but I don’t want to just say the words that I surrender and go on with my day. I want my resurrender to God to be very heartfelt and very genuine.

We’ve experienced some challenging times lately in our home and we’ve been learning to really trust and rely on Him instead of our own understanding and strength. However, this is a daily decision we have to make. It is not easy to choose each day to deny ourselves and walk with Him in total surrender. I am learning that it is amazing to resurrender each day and watch Him work in ways I don’t understand. Even the days when I have no idea what He is doing, I still choose to resurrender because I know His ways are not my ways.

I need to choose each day to deny myself, take up my cross and follow Jesus without any reservations. Resurrender involves me being willing to completely give up my ways.

My prayer is that we will all make a genuine choice each new day to completely turn over our lives and resurrender to Him.

Well said! Amen!

saying the daily evening prayer in union with the whole Church is a habit that I am trying to get into.. Thank you for reminding me that I should be doing that right now..
:)
Pax et Bonum

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
Yes, this day and no other, but what other day is there for a man in his flesh? Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow, as men speak of tomorrow, may never come. Today is the day to empty our hearts before God and let Him refill them it as He will.

"...not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39
Give God the glory!
Thats right my friend . Let the LORD be praised .