rethinking the prophets...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was getting kind of excited, thinking the prophets were rising again. All kinds of them were coming out of the woodwork, proclaiming this and that. Well, they weren't 100%, but then nobody's 100% perfect, right?

Well, after this last US election, I'm re-thinking my position on the "prophets." So many of them called this election for Trump, and it hasn't turned out that way. So I apologize if I pushed in the wrong direction. I'll have to go back to the drawing board. :(

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I was getting kind of excited, thinking the prophets were rising again. All kinds of them were coming out of the woodwork, proclaiming this and that. Well, they weren't 100%, but then nobody's 100% perfect, right?

Well, after this last US election, I'm re-thinking my position on the "prophets." So many of them called this election for Trump, and it hasn't turned out that way. So I apologize if I pushed in the wrong direction. I'll have to go back to the drawing board. :(
We have no Prophets of national or worldwide things today; Psalms 4:9-11, only those who prophecy over individuals.
Even those who speak over people have a very poor track record, mostly seems to be just pretentious guesswork.

But the ancient Prophets have told us all we need to know about God's plans for our future, now as we are; at the edge of dramatic and world changing events. Read them and realize that if they haven't been fulfilled, they must pertain to our times.

As for your President, the Iranian mullahs want Biden, as Trump is onto their devious schemes. Did Joe even say he would shift the USA Embassy back to Tel Aviv?
Could be serious retrograde shift in Americas policies!

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Don't dream of it, Jesus was the first and the last. If Jesus was crucified by this world and he was God himself then how do we expect from the next prophet ?
Does he/she is stronger than Jesus ?
Since the fall of Solomon (1 Kings 11:1-13), the world had been ruled by darkness and money worshiper (Mammon/Beelzebub); those money worshiper always seek innocent soul for burnt offerings in every economic depression, that's why in the beginning of each world wars there always had psychological warfare. No wonder Nero spirit and temple of Janus were always there in every age of man, this was proved by their existence in the past by their coins (Matthew 22:15-22). If fraternity was the sign of the power of the world since Solomon, why did they were still exist until today ?
And they always use "The eye of horus" of the Egyptian rulers, and their signature of their works always using 3 (light), 6 (dark), 9 (yin & yang) numbering pattern where Nikola Tesla believers are using it in every nations.
The babylonian were seat in tycoons of the world (Revelation 18:23-24).

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

It's not over yet.

But have you ever thought, the money changers tables could have been flipped here, if Trump doesn't get re-elected?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have no Prophets of national or worldwide things today; Psalms 4:9-11, only those who prophecy over individuals.
Even those who speak over people have a very poor track record, mostly seems to be just pretentious guesswork.

But the ancient Prophets have told us all we need to know about God's plans for our future, now as we are; at the edge of dramatic and world changing events. Read them and realize that if they haven't been fulfilled, they must pertain to our times.

As for your President, the Iranian mullahs want Biden, as Trump is onto their devious schemes. Did Joe even say he would shift the USA Embassy back to Tel Aviv?
Could be serious retrograde shift in Americas policies!

I really don't see what you do as much different, Keraz, claiming you have a handle on what biblical prophecy means, saying that it means we're going to have this huge burst of solar energy. It's just another prediction, is it not?

What's the difference between saying God told me an election is going to turn out a certain way and you saying God showed you the Bible means there's going to be a solar flare?

In the end, we're both saying that something's going to happen because God showed us something. Right?

Reactions: marks

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not over yet.

But have you ever thought, the money changers tables could have been flipped here, if Trump doesn't get re-elected?

I don't know what that means? I'm sure Jesus is angry when a nation chooses for a political platform that is anti-Christian in nature. But God does let it happen. In Dan 2 and 7 we are clearly shown that 4 great worldly powers would reign until the coming of the Kingdom of God. And we know that there were elements hostile to the Kingdom of God in them until the Kingdom actually comes.

Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome have dominated in their own time in history. I believe we're still in the "Roman" period, even though the Roman Empire was Christianized.

And even as Christianity established itself in Europe over the last 2000 years there were these pagan elements that regularly opposed and assaulted true Christianity. Ultimately, Europe itself will relapse into total paganism, I think--much as Israel apostacized in ancient times under the Law of Moses.

This will only fully be resolved at the coming of Christ with his Kingdom. Until that time we're probably in for a very rough ride.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I'm going to hold my opinion of these prophets for now, while the election is disputed.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to hold my opinion of these prophets for now, while the election is disputed.

Fair enough, but it isn't looking good for either Trump or our nation. That's just my political opinion. And my political opinion is based on how I see the political platforms of each party. In my view, the Republican Party best represents the Christian view.

I know there are arguments for both sides. But the determining fact for me recently has been the move to the Left by the Democrat Party. The ignoring of the riots in the streets, the stoking of racial tensions, the position on abortion and homosexuality, and the tendency to create an equivalency between Christianity and Islam, are all of bother to me.

Much of it is just politicking, ie trying to win over various special interest groups to win the election. Whether it goes as far radical as it seems I don't know.

For now, I'm facing the fact that for 4 years the Democrat Party has been allowed to finance a corrupt and deceptive attack on a legitimate US President, with very little pushback. While Trump was accused of being a "Russian agent," it was really the Clinton campaign that financed a "Russian" operation to tar Trump illegitimately. And whereas Trump paid with expensive political capital, the Democrats suffered nothing. In fact, they succeeded, apparently.

I've been told by these "prophets" that God would not allow this to go on, that He would cause Trump and the Republicans to triumph. I haven't seen that. Even the investigation into the "Russian Hoax" scandal will likely now be silenced. I'm very embarrassed by this turn of events. And I've lost all interest in defending what appear to be "false prophets."

I will change my views again if things turn out differently. But as of right now, I have no reason to think so.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was getting kind of excited, thinking the prophets were rising again.
What is keeping me excited is the overall pattern of this world, so much closer to the end of the age described in the Bible.

Even Biblical prophecy we don't all agree over how it will be fulfilled. But when it comes, it will come fast. And we'll know.

Much love!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I really don't see what you do as much different, Keraz, claiming you have a handle on what biblical prophecy means, saying that it means we're going to have this huge burst of solar energy. It's just another prediction, is it not?

What's the difference between saying God told me an election is going to turn out a certain way and you saying God showed you the Bible means there's going to be a solar flare?

In the end, we're both saying that something's going to happen because God showed us something. Right?
The difference is: There is nothing in the Bible about the leaders we choose now.
But there is over 70 prophesies that tell about a forthcoming Judgment/punishment by fire. Specifically from the sun. Isaiah 30:26a

We should be aware and prepared for it. But it will only be after that event, when the veil of misunderstanding of the Prophesies, will be lifted and all Christians will finally know the truths of God's plans. Isaiah 29:23-24, +

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference is: There is nothing in the Bible about the leaders we choose now.
But there is over 70 prophesies that tell about a forthcoming Judgment/punishment by fire. Specifically from the sun. Isaiah 30:26a

We should be aware and prepared for it. But it will only be after that event, when the veil of misunderstanding of the Prophesies, will be lifted and all Christians will finally know the truths of God's plans. Isaiah 29:23-24, +

That's true. However, your *interpretation* is an insertion into the passages that speak of heavenly judgments. For example, we don't know for certain if these judgments are actual "solar flares" or when precisely they will take place. But you seem to be prognosticating as if you have a prophetic mantle to do so.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is keeping me excited is the overall pattern of this world, so much closer to the end of the age described in the Bible.

Even Biblical prophecy we don't all agree over how it will be fulfilled. But when it comes, it will come fast. And we'll know.

Much love!

Yea, thanks for the diversion. I'm having a difficult time getting over this turn of events. I would've thought God would answer the prayers of so many Christians in the US--on matters as important as the family and abortion. But I have no idea how many Christians are genuine Christians, and what God's plan is overall.

There is the inference that God tolerates the progress of evil for the very purpose of gathering them into a circle for judgment. Sort of like Samson did when all of his enemies were gathered together to make sport of him, and the whole building collapsed on them, destroying the group as a whole.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't know what that means? I'm sure Jesus is angry when a nation chooses for a political platform that is anti-Christian in nature. But God does let it happen. In Dan 2 and 7 we are clearly shown that 4 great worldly powers would reign until the coming of the Kingdom of God. And we know that there were elements hostile to the Kingdom of God in them until the Kingdom actually comes.

Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome have dominated in their own time in history. I believe we're still in the "Roman" period, even though the Roman Empire was Christianized.

And even as Christianity established itself in Europe over the last 2000 years there were these pagan elements that regularly opposed and assaulted true Christianity. Ultimately, Europe itself will relapse into total paganism, I think--much as Israel apostacized in ancient times under the Law of Moses.

This will only fully be resolved at the coming of Christ with his Kingdom. Until that time we're probably in for a very rough ride.

In other words perhaps prosperity has gotten in the way of a lot of modern day prophets, or maybe even pride has gotten in the way of a lot of modern day prophets, anyway we shall see.

They still might be right though.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That's true. However, your *interpretation* is an insertion into the passages that speak of heavenly judgments. For example, we don't know for certain if these judgments are actual "solar flares" or when precisely they will take place. But you seem to be prognosticating as if you have a prophetic mantle to do so.
Well; it is unfortunate that you think this way.
I repeat: I am not a Prophet, but I am a messenger, a proclaimer of what the Prophets wrote.

The Prophecies will be fulfilled literally if it is possible for what they said to literally happen. And the only way for all the graphically described things for the Lord's terrible Day of vengeance and wrath, to happen; is by a CME.
Many secular scientists, incl NASA, warn of the probability of a devastating CME, it could happen at any time.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I repeat: I am not a Prophet, but I am a messenger, a proclaimer of what the Prophets wrote.

The Prophecies will be fulfilled literally if it is possible for what they said to literally happen. And the only way for all the graphically described things for the Lord's terrible Day of vengeance and wrath, to happen; is by a CME.
Many secular scientists, incl NASA, warn of the probability of a devastating CME, it could happen at any time.

Really Keraz, you are not even a messenger or a proclaimer of what the prophets wrote in the scriptures when you cannot verify the contextual accuracy of the paraphrased translations for yourself that you quote and use to justify your understanding of what is to befall us in the future.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Really Keraz, you are not even a messenger or a proclaimer of what the prophets wrote in the scriptures when you cannot verify the contextual accuracy of the paraphrased translations for yourself that you quote and use to justify your understanding of what is to befall us in the future.
I quote the Prophets.
What they say; all plainly written in all of the Bible, will happen as described. If it isn't going to take place as we are told, then how much else of the Bible is useless and meaningless?

That you disagree with the Prophetic Word, as I point it out and show how it can and will all happen as Written, is just how every pastor and Church leader is: in rejection of any end times events.
Why is this? Jesus tells us: Matthew 11:25 Father You hide these things from the learned and 'wise' and reveal them to the uneducated. Also in Daniel 12:10....only a few will understand.

Be among the few, or remain in the dark and be shocked and surprised as dramatic things happen!

BTW; The Revised English Bible, is not a paraphrased version.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I quote the Prophets.
What they say; all plainly written in all of the Bible, will happen as described. If it isn't going to take place as we are told, then how much else of the Bible is useless and meaningless?

That you disagree with the Prophetic Word, as I point it out and show how it can and will all happen as Written, is just how every pastor and Church leader is: in rejection of any end times events.
Why is this? Jesus tells us: Matthew 11:25 Father You hide these things from the learned and 'wise' and reveal them to the uneducated. Also in Daniel 12:10....only a few will understand.

Be among the few, or remain in the dark and be shocked and surprised as dramatic things happen!

BTW; The Revised English Bible, is not a paraphrased version.

That is sadly your understanding of what the Original texts say and not actually what they say.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That is sadly your understanding of what the Original texts say and not actually what they say.
What I post is what the Prophets said.
It is your inability to accept their prophesies, that is the problem. Your objections hold no water unless you can prove where I have posted anywhere, contrary to the Prophetic Word.

For example look at Isaiah 30:26a, where Isaiah says a day is coming when the sun will shine 7 times brighter.....
From the context of that verse and the results of this unusual phenomenon, the only conclusion must be that the sun will explode out a huge, earth directed Coronal Mass Ejection. This is something we know can happen and scientists, incl NASA, warn us about it.
If you have another viable explanation for what God said; thru Isaiah and 2 Peter 3:7, plus about 70 other prophesies about the forthcoming Day of the Lord's fiery wrath; then lets hear it.

Reactions: amadeus

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words perhaps prosperity has gotten in the way of a lot of modern day prophets, or maybe even pride has gotten in the way of a lot of modern day prophets, anyway we shall see.

They still might be right though.

It's looking like prosperity does have some serious negative impact on Christian ministry. There are those who dally in sin, and those who develop theologies of dominance and prosperity. Satan's design is to discourage. We need to keep our sights fully on Christ, and not on Christians.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A lot of things could happen "at any time." You're just proving my point. Instead of calling yourself a "prophet," you're calling yourself a "messenger." A distinction without a difference?