Return of the angels

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
When one mentions what Christ said about the days of Noah,they rarely if ever talk about the angels,so Ive decided to share.

What angels?The ones from Gen 6,they're coming back

Genesis 6:1 "And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,"

Genesis 6:2 "That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose."

Some claim the above are not angels

Let's go to Jude

Jude 6 "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, He hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."

The only habitation for any angel is heaven, and in defiance of God they left heaven and came to this earth. "Habitation" in the Greek tongue is "Oiketerion, oy-kay-tey-ree-on, a place of residence." Jude is reminding us that common, simple salvation is beautiful, and is the first step; however you must keep in mind all the other things that have happened because those thing will happen again. The coming of Satan and his fallen angels will happen again at the end of this earth age, and my friend you are living in the final generation.

Paul even warns us about them

I Corinthians 11:10 "For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels."

These are the angels that will die at the moment of Christ return,as they have already been judged

Revelation 11:13 "And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven."

Again these angels are coming back,and it would be wise of you to know this.

When are they returning?

The same time as their leader

Revelation 12:7 "And there was war in heaven: Mi'-cha-el and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,,"

Revelation 12:8 "And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven."

Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Sa'-tan, which deceived the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

The only way to be prepared,is to have the seal of God,if you don't,you will take the mark...

There's only two choices and a rapture ain't one of them

His seal or

his mark.............................

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Revelation 12: 9 Is the Hebrew definition of 66 and 6 many say it is 666 but that's not true. Also from the star of the same definition the old firey red star. What it says God will remove him from his place. This also is the same as the bottomless pit the planet of that star. This is a better understanding. Next post I will talk about Revelation 12: 7 and 8

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, not saying that anyone is right or wrong. but consider this. the scripture in Genesis 6:2 is not speaking of angels, fallen or not. we can put this to rest quickly, Hebrews 1:4 "Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. verses 5 "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?". son, here is a title, and not a biological, or divine entity. the scripture states "at any time" meaning also Genesis 6:2. God have never called any angel with the title "son".

but if this answer is not sufficient enough, there are much more evidence in the bible to prove this out.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Revelation 12: 9 Is the Hebrew definition of 66 and 6 many say it is 666 but that's not true. Also from the star of the same definition the old firey red star. What it says God will remove him from his place. This also is the same as the bottomless pit the planet of that star. This is a better understanding. Next post I will talk about Revelation 12: 7 and 8

To the point satan is in charge of his star and planets. Michael in charge of his star with planets.
Michael's system will not be destroyed but satans will. Not only are angels fighting but also the people of these systems. When God destroys his planet what will he do.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC To ezekiel. not saying that you’re right or wrong, but consider this. chapter 12 have nothing to do with any star, satan or Michael’s or and star in any constellation . This chapter have been misunderstood for years, and still now. many have used this chapter to show, A. war in heaven, (a rebellion). sorry that’s an error on most people part. B. a third of the angel fell, sorry again, no holy angel fell, an error. and C. & D. the woman, and the red dragon respectfully are symbolic of the remnant of Israel and king Herod in power by the Romans. the book of revelation is a book of signs, and symbols, and wonders,... ect. only God, the revelator, can guide us correctly as to know, and understand his book. only if we do what the apostle James records what we need to do. listen, James 1:5 " If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed”. with that said, lets ask, the Lord Jesus to give us his wisdom to understand his knowledge concerning his revelation here in chapter 12. now the key to this chapter is to keep one hand, here, on chapter 12 and the other on Matthews chapter 2.

Symbolic Meaning to understand chapter 12
Woman = represent a Church, (the remnant of Israel, the church in the wilderness)
Dragon = a person, be it representative of a political, or religious power. in this case king Herod
Red in this chapter = blood
Stars = messenger, (human, or angelic).
Sun = gospel, or word of God
Moon = Mosaic Law

knowing these symbols here in chapter 12 one can understand the vision. it had been said that there was a war in heaven. understand, just because a vision is seen or given in heaven do not necessary means it takes place there.

again just read chapter 2 of Matthews and one will see the vision given in chapter 12.

if one need help in understand just ask. but read Matthew's chapter 2 first.

now to dispel one point right off the bat,
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

their "place". yes, not physical, but spiritual. a voice there, no more accusation, or accused. let's prove this out. Ephesians 2:6 "And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus". now, are we seated, "physically" in heavenly Places. no, so the seating is spiritual. have nothing to do with anything physically. but we have a voice, or a place in heaven. how is this done? scripture, 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new". is not Christ seated in heaven right now..... yes. we're in him and he is in us by the Spirit. scripture, 1 John 2:20 "But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things". that's the connection. we have a voice in heaven. and we lost that first estate of our by sinning. estate here, using old English is a state of mind, and not a physical place.

knowing that, we can discuss the Spiritual thing of God.

P.S. Just keep one hand on Matthew's chapter 2 and the other on Rev chapter 12.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all The woman in chapter 12 is the church in the wilderness, the remnant of Israel. supportive scripture, Acts 7:38 "This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us". that church, that woman was not Israel the nation. for God almighty divorce her. supportive scripture, Jeremiah 3:8 "And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also". but the remnant did not sin, supportive scripture, Isaiah 50:1 "Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away". putting away is not a divorce whom you can re-unite.

second, the identity is still revealed even more. Revelation 12:1 "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars". clothed with the sun, the gospel, yes the gospel was preached in the O.T. Galatians 3:8 "And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed".

the moon, the Law. where was it? at her feet. Israel walked by a dim light. for as the physical sun is greater in magnitude that the physical moon so is the gospel to the Law. let's see the moon at her FEET, scripture, Psalms 119:105 "NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path". the Law is at her FEET. the 12 stars upon her head are the 12 patriarch/heads of the man who fulfilled the promise. who name was changed to Israel.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. now that we know who the woman is, now her child. remember Revelation is symbolic. Revelation 12:2 "And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered". the remnant, (She) being with child. this is no ordinary Child. scripture, Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace". a. "a child is born" (flesh and bone). b. "a son is given" (spirit/the share of God). I put a & b together for a reason. the virgin Mary could only birth flesh and bone, (the son of God). but she or any woman cannot birth the spirit that dwelt in that flesh and bone, which is (the Son of Man) from above. understand, the Lord Jesus, is flesh and bone, the outward MAN (son of God) from below. and he is also the diversified spirit, the INward MAN (Son of Man) from above. scripture, Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God". so clearly the son of God is "BORN". what about the Son of Man? answer, Matthew 18:11 "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost". notice two things about the Son of Man, a. he come. b. he saves. let's see this clearly, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". there it is, a. "your God, God, God will come" . it was the Son of Man who came. now, b. "and SAVE you". it can't get any clearer than that. supportive scriptures, Isaiah 45:21 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me". the LORD all caps is Saviour. now one more to be sure, Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour". the Lord Jesus is the saviour of the world.

so we see that the Lord Jesus is the child/the son here, the MAN CHILD that is SAVIOUR of the world.

Let's see this child/the son, his adversary (that will bruise his heel, Gen 3:15). Revelation 12:3 "And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads". who is this dragon. we know that the dragon is satan (the evil one), but here in revelation we will see one of the evil one sons. remember to be a son, of God or the devil is based on the way one acts. (I suggest before one continue to read, one might need to look up the word son G5207, huios and see how it is used metaphorically). my source is the Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words. let's continue. always watch words, the "GREAT" dragon here is king Herod. how do I know this? answer, because the bible tells us. as said just keep one hand on Rev 12 and the other on Matthews chapter 2. understand there are two word in the description of this dragon that is a dead give away. a. great, and b. red. king Herod was call Herod the great, but he is also know for the killing of the babies of two years and under in his effort to kill the baby Jesus. this is why here in Rev 12 he is called a "RED" dragon. red is symbolic for "BLOOD". king Herod was a bloody evil (dragon). so the other wonder showed to John was the Lord Jesus adversary. and it was a war for the, minds/ESTATE, (old English definition for mind), of the people even till this day.

conclusion: we see two opposing forces, GOOD, and EVIL. next time, "third part of the stars of heaven" the evil one drew with his tail.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. Revelation 12:4 "And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born”.

The main keys here are the words, “tail”, and, “of “, as in “of” heaven, and not in heaven, about the stars. stars here is symbolic. stars do not necessary, or automatically means angels. in this verse it means men, human men. those on earth that have heavenly information, or a message. that’s the symbolization used here of heavenly stars. when reading about the birth of our Lord Jesus the Christ, revelation chapter 12 correspond to a tee, Matthews chapter 2. it tells how Herod the king (the personified person of evil) tried to kill the baby Jesus. the scriptures states that the dragon (evil king Herod) drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and cast them to earth, this to me is not a persuasion to follow the dragon, but an attempt by the dragon to use someone to gain heavenly knowledge. it said that his tail “DREW” the THIRD part of the stars of heaven. drew here, is another word for gather. so who did king Herod drew, or gathered to himself?. it's the stars or messengers that is on earth, with the heavenly knowledge of where the babe is to be born at. (I'll show this by scripture). Herod the king called/drew, or gathered together unto him aids, to find out about the new born King, that the wise men came to worship. he wanted to know where the child was born at, so that he may kill the babe, (he stood ready to kill/devour the child). as said, the word drew, past tense, mean to gather. king Herod inquired of the men of God, (Heavenly messengers, or Godly men), as to where the babe was born at. lets pick up the account in the scriptures. Matt 2:4 "And when he had gathered all the chief priests,(1 third), and scribes, (2 third), of the people together, (there it is, of the people, not “of” the angels in heaven). he demanded of them where Christ should be born". these men was of God, who should know the things of God, and they did. scripture, Matt 2:5 "And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, 6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel". here, it is confirmed that the babe came out of Judah, not from Judah. lets get the third part, the wise men. Matthews 2:7 “ Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared”. There is the third part of the stars, the wise men. the scriptures said that the dragon, drew a third part, “of”, the stars, “of”, heaven. There you have it, a third part of the STARS, Matthews 2:4, 1/3 chief priests, 2/3 scribes, and Matthews 2:7 our 3/3 the wise men.
only Lucifer fell, scripture, Isaiah 14:12 " How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!Isaiah 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit”. Not one holy angels in heaven fell in this instance, but Lucifer only. let God word prove without a doubt that these stars here in chapter 12 are men, and not angels. Jude1:12 "These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, (there they are), to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever".
who are these spots, the clouds without water, who fruits withereth, raging waves of the sea, these wandering “stars”. are they, men or angels?. a reading of the whole chapter will revealed who they are. let’s see them in a few verses. Jude verse 4 "For there are certain “men” crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ”. now verse 11, these same men are describe again, "Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core". now the identifying verse of these men one more time, "These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; 13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever". these are men, and not angels. notice the identities in verse 13, " wandering stars". so as we know now, backed up with scripture that these stars are men, ..... on earth, and not angels in heaven. the 3rd of stars was 1 the chief priest, 2 scribes, and 3 the wise men, the THREE THIRDS.

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G
In your post #3 Genesis 6:2 is telling you the Sons of God were angels. If they were not then who were they. If they were the sons of man then the word would read : That the sons of MAN saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and took them wives of all which they chose.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G
In your post #3 Genesis 6:2 is telling you the Sons of God were angels. If they were not then who were they. If they were the sons of man then the word would read : That the sons of MAN saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and took them wives of all which they chose.
GINOLJC, to buddy. thanks for the post. who was they? humans, descendants of Adam and Eve before the fall into sin. understand, Adam and Eve had Children in the Garden before they had Cain and Abel outside the Garden, supportive scripture, Genesis 3:16. and Genesis 3:20. those scriptures clearly shows that Adam and Eve had Children before their fall into sin. hence the title "Son" of God. note in Job 1:2 & 3 he was a Son. listen, Job 1:2 "And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters. 3 His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east" . if you will notice the word "men" here is the Hebrew word,
H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m.
בָּנִים baniym (ba-neem') [plural]
בְּנִי bniy (ben-ee') [possessive singular]
בָּנַי banay (baw-nah'ee) [possessive plural]
(used widely) a son (as a builder of the family name).

see that, a "Son" and Job was no angel...... literally.
Just like in chapter 38, verse 7, these are not angels either.

if you like to discuss these things, I'm headed to church now, afterward we can discuss them

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to buddyt. I like to get the crust of the matter, and cut the serpent head off from the start. as I mention, the book of Job, chapter 38, and verse 7 is the go to scriptures for some who claim that the sons of God are angels. well today, let’s correct this false belief and erroneous doctrine. let’s first start in correcting this false belief by making a few statements up front. now before you laugh, follow this out to the end, ok. #1. The sons of God here in Job 38 are the actual sun, and the actual moon, and the actual stars in the heavens. #2. all the language in Job 38 is metaphoric, meaning it’s figurative language. let’s get to the meat, or the heart of the matter. I said that the sons of God here in Job 38 are the sun and the moon and the stars right. scripture, James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning”. The almighty is called the “Father” of lights, Father is one of the Almighty titles. and lights here are plural, and is the Greek word, G5457 φῶς phos (fōs') n. which means luminousness. Now hold that thought and go to Thayer's Greek Definitions or the blue letter bible online and look up
G3962 πατήρ pater, (Father)
- Transliteration: Pater
- Phonetic: pat-ayr'
- Definition:
1. generator or male ancestor
a. either the nearest ancestor: father of the corporeal nature, natural fathers, both parents.
THIS IS WHAT MOST PEOPLE THINK WHEN THEY HEAR THE WORD “FATHER”.
but let’s continue. now, we're at definition #3, listen.
3. God is called the Father
a. of the stars, the heavenly luminaries, because he is their creator, upholder, ruler.

say what? God is the Father of the “STARS”, and the heavenly luminaries. Yes, the literal stars in the sky. google the word stars, please add the “s” to the end of stars, for Job said, morning “stars” not morning “star”. A star is a luminous sphere of plasma held together by its own gravity. The nearest star to Earth is the Sun. Again, the stars are the actual stars in the heavens. Now, go to dictionary.com, or the free dictionary, or any dictionary and look up luminaries in the plural. a celestial body, as the sun or moon. WHAT? sun and moon?, yes the actual sun and the actual moon. the definition above #3. states,
God is called the Father
a. of the stars, the heavenly luminaries, because he is their creator, upholder, ruler.
knowing this let’s see this sun and moon and the actual stars and what they did in Job 38:7. Remember the Almighty said that they sang and shouted for joy. Let’s see this metaphor clearly so that you can understand it perfectly. Psalms 148:1-5 "Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights. Verse 2 Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts. 3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light. 4 Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens. 5 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created”. there you have it. Now what do the word "praise" mean here? It is the Hebrew word, H1984 הָלַל halal (haw-lal') v. which can be translated as “sing”, or “shine” please look it up. understand, the stars, the sun and the moon sang or praised God by shining their lights when the almighty spoke. One more to clearly show that this is figurative language in Job 38, Psalms 65:13 "The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing”. The pastures, and valleys also praising God? Yes, how? by shouting for joy and singing, why? because they have produce. read Psalms 65:13 again. see, It’s all a metaphor. Do we now understand.

PS, Remember I pointed out Job 1:2 that he was a son, a son of God. well how do I know this? because if the writer knew Job just an ordinary man he would have use the Hebrew word, H582 אֱנוֹשׁ 'enowsh (en-oshe') n-m. for men, instead of the title H1121 בֵּן ben (bane). understand, this Man Job was keeping the almighty "FEAST" the seven day feast. yes it's right here in verse 2, check it against Deuteronomy 16:15. this man was keeping the Almighty feast day before the nation of Israel even born. and yes this man Job was a son of God because he obeyed God. Son metaphorically speaking means prominent moral characteristics, or character, it have nothing to do with gender, or the sexes. my source on this word, see vines dictionary, G5207, huios.

hope this help to clear up this matter.