Rev. 16:15 (part 2)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seeing as I believe the church to already be in heaven at this time, I believe this verse is speaking to the remaining two parties. “Behold I come as a thief,” is spoken to the world and the second part, I believe, is spoken to believing Israel in hiding. I think the best concept that the word “thief” implies is with the context of John 10:10 - “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”

Christ is coming to Armageddon to reclaim (steal back) His throne, to kill and destroy His enemies (those who persecuted His church during the great trib.) and the enemies of Israel. The second part of John 10:10 is the promise to those who heed the second part of Rev. 16:15 - …”Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. They will have an abundant life if they “watcheth and keepeth” their garments. This abundant life is depicted in many of the OT prophecies about the millennium. What garments are these?

Again, we have three choices:
1. Normal every day garments.
2. Wedding garments.
3. Garments of righteousness.

Here are a few verses that may shed light on this subject:

Rev. 3:4 - “Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.”

Rev. 3:18 - “I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.”

Matt. 22:11-12 - “And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: 12And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.”

According to Strong’s, the words “watcheth and keepeth” combined have two possible meanings: The first is to “keep awake and guard from loss”. This one is probably the most considered, however, I think the second meanings are more appropriate to this verse: “To be vigilant and take note of prophecy.” The bible doesn’t tell us what believing Israel is doing for the 1260 days they are in their place of safety but I believe that they are being instructed by the 144,000 on the ways of salvation, the OT prophecies and their fulfillments regarding the Messiah, the NT and their prophecies, (taking note of prophecy) to give them an understanding of what’s going on in the outside world.

I believe the garments also apply to “believing Israel” who I believe is depicted in Rev. 19:8 - “Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.) (NIV) This verse implies they are given their garments because of their righteous acts while the church has their garments washed in the blood of the Lamb. Rev. 7:14 - “And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.”

I believe the latter part of this verse: “he walk naked, and they see his shame “ also has a different not so apparent meaning. The Strong’s definition is simply: “he walk nude and they see his indecency”. There must be a different meaning behind this phrase. Here’s my opinion. According to Rev. 19:8, their garments are the result of their righteous acts. Rev. 3:18 above can imply that without acts of righteousness they will have no garments (clothing).

As I believe the 144,000 to be the bride of Christ; Matt. 22:11-12, also listed above, can take on a deeper meaning because these garments of righteous acts also double as wedding garments when they are described as the “wife” of the Lamb. Rev. 19:7 - “Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.”

Only Israel has ever been referred to as the wife of God. The book of Hosea (with his unfaithful wife) outlines the history of God’s relationship to Israel and their future restoration of fellowship. There are several other “word” pictures that depict Israel as an unfaithful “wife” in the OT. It can also be implied that the description given to John in…

Rev. 19:10 - “And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

…identifies the church (that have the testimony of Jesus, see also Rev. 12:17) as someone other than the woman of vss. 7-8. So, to sum it all up, this is my opinion of what Rev. 16:15 is saying:

The time of my vengeance has come (Lk 21:22 & 2 Thes. 1:8-10) Behold! I come to reclaim my crown and to kill and destroy the enemies of my church and of Israel. Be vigilant, take heed of the prophecies lest you are judged unfit to wear the wedding garments of righteousness and be seen walking unprepared as if naked and ashamed.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 16:15
[15] Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

What does a THIEF do?
TAKE that which does NOT belong to him?

What does NOT belong to the Lord?
That which is MAKED by the Beast.

The Lord is NOT TAKING the MARKED unto Himself.
The Lord IS TAKING 'away' maked men, from the Beast and
Shall kill them.

Those SAVED, invited to OBSERVE the Lord Taking from the Beast...

1) are Internally clothed/covered with Gods Light Covering their forgiven internal (spirit) covering its sin.
2) are Externally clothed/covered with Gods provided raiment
Covering their forgiven soul of its sin.

3) the Flesh of mans sin, man covers while still alive, with clothing.
After resurrection, the body is glorified.....same raiment of the soul, I believe.

As revealed, concering the 144,000 sealed unto God, who are ON earth during the Anti-Christs wielding authority on earth...
the Anti-Christs POWER is reveal as IMMENSE, that if it were possible, the Anti-Christ could overpower, even those WITH Gods Seal....

I believe the "men" observing the Lords TAKING of marked men, is a type of warning to guard their "souls raiment" while they are in the Presence and Power of Evil, ie the Beast that the Lord is TAKING marked men AWAY from the Beast.

I do not believe, the Thief is a reference to the Lord taking what IS HIS....ie the Rapture of His Church are they who DO Belong to Him and ARE His to TAKE unto Himself.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone recovers what is theirs, then are by definition, NOT a thief. A thief only steals that which belongs to another. I could see a post trib person possibly believing this but by it's placement, if you want to consider it the rapture it blows pre-trib out of the water.