Revelation Chapter 21

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

8. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

9. And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11. Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

12. And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

13. On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

14. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15. And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

16. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

17. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

18. And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

19. And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

20. The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

21. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22. And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

27. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Jer 4: 23-29
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.

Gen 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

2Co 12:2
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
2Co 12:3
And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
2Co 12:4
How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
2Co 12:5
Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

Rev 22:8
And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

Genesis, Jeremiah, Revelation
Rock of Ages

Deu 10:14
Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD'S thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.

heaven of heavens...

The heaven.... and... the heaven of heavens.
In the beginning God created the heaven
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

My bologna has a first name it's oscar, my bologna has a second name it's meyer..

the firmament has a name it's called Heaven.

Heaven is:
firmament (of vault of heaven supporting waters above)
considered by Hebrews as solid and supporting 'waters' above

The first heaven had passed away, John was caught up to the third heaven, where he saw a NEW heaven created.
That would be the 4th?

How many heavens are there?
How many heavens are there really?

to be continued...
need to fix my shovel

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I is John.
Which John?

What is John witnessing?
2. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Here's where it might get interesting..
Remember this verse?
Jhn 3:29
He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Who is speaking?
Jhn 3:27
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.
Jhn 3:28
Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

Yea, John the Baptist.
Who was sent to the third heaven?
John the Baptist
Who wrote the book of Revelation?
John the Baptist.

The friend of the Bridegroom.
Who went before him to prepare....

A man can recieve nothing......except it be given him from heaven.
Rev 1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:2
Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Who bare record of the word of God.
Jhn 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Rev 7:17
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Hello John,
I been looking for you :)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 22:8
And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
Jhn 1:33
And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
Rev 1:9
I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Rev 1:10
I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
Mat 4:12
Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee;
Mat 4:16
The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
Mat 4:17
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Isa 58:1
Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
Jer 6:17
Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.
Joe 2:1
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
Rev 1:10
I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Rev 1:11
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

That book is the book of Revelation.
Which was given to John by the Angel to prepare the way of the Lord.

Who is the Angel?
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

signified it by his angel...
signify sēmain
to give a sign, to signify, indicate
to make known
(a mark; of uncertain derivation)

What was signified?
The Revelation of Jesus Christ

Revelation
a disclosure of truth, instruction, concerning divine things before unknown
of Jesus Christ.

Which God gave unto him... him who? Jesus Christ

Jhn 5:19
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
Jhn 5:20
For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

I got this...

God gave Jesus a Revelation concerning Jesus which can only do what his Father does.
So. The Revelation is not only about Jesus it is about God.

Jhn 5:31
If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
Jhn 5:32
There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
Jhn 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

so where talking about the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Which God gave him concerning Jesus Christ.

Jhn 5:33
Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
Jhn 5:34
But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

Because the testimony John recieved was not his own (from man), but God that gave it to him via the angel.

who is the angel?

I got off track a bit with chapter 21.. no worries..
It will still be there after I figure out who this angel is..

still digging.
I'm diggin it,
can ya dig it?

Chapter 21 verse 1.. I saw.
who saw?
John saw
John who?
John the Baptist that's who
How do you know?

John is the friend of the bridegroom
John was given a mission to baptize and a revelation about a dove
John gave witnesse to the Lamb
John was in prison
John called out Herod for not keeping the commandments
For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife.
And Herod said, John have I beheaded: but who is this, of whom I hear such things? And he desired to see him.
And John had the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Rev 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
And he was beheaded.
Rev 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

that's how.

I'm leaving the beast for another thread.
Time to get back to the new heaven and the new earth
:)
Shovel Time!!:D

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I is John.
Which John?

What is John witnessing?

Here's where it might get interesting..
Remember this verse?
Jhn 3:29
He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Who is speaking?
Jhn 3:27
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.
Jhn 3:28
Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

Yea, John the Baptist.
Who was sent to the third heaven?
John the Baptist
Who wrote the book of Revelation?
John the Baptist.

The friend of the Bridegroom.
Who went before him to prepare....

A man can recieve nothing......except it be given him from heaven.
Rev 1:2
Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Who bare record of the word of God.
Jhn 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Rev 7:17
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Hello John,
I been looking for you :)

Going on from there, He saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, mending their nets.

I John, your brother, who share with you in Jesus the tribulation and the kingdom and the patient endurance , was on the island called Patmos on account of the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

If you were looking for John just look for one of the Sons of Thunder.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
check this and tell me what you think Ziggy
w1V2z7tV26Q
I've heard it said before that John is the beloved. The one that Jesus told Mary, here is your son.
I get it.
I believe it was John the Baptist who recieved the testimony and sent him on the journey of preparing the way.
That John the Baptist was sent by God to testify of his son.
And he was told to watch for a dove and that would be the YEAH!! sign the signify the mark that ...

the angel is the dove or the sign the (signified it by)

That was the sign John was given to know who Jesus Christ the lamb of God was..er is.. um will be..
You know what I mean :)

whaddayathink?
HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Going on from there, He saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, mending their nets.

I John, your brother, who share with you in Jesus the tribulation and the kingdom and the patient endurance , was on the island called Patmos on account of the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

If you were looking for John just look for one of the Sons of Thunder.

I keep coming up with the John the Baptist.
I know what everybody says. I heard it.
But I'm finding all kinds of leads pointing at John the Baptist.

This guy has been a challenge for me for a long long time.
There's something special about him.
I think it gets even deeper.
Who is John?
Who is he really?
Everything in the Bible comes in threes.
I see John the Baptist in the Old Testament.. the one crying in the wilderness
I see John the Baptist in New Testament in the Gospels
I believe I see John the Baptist in the book of Revelation
And I have a feeling if I dig deep enough He will be somewhere in the pages of Genesis.
That would be 4.. but thats ok, people have a way of showing up all over the place.

John the Baptist could be David's best friend.. Johnathan..

Haha isn't that something .. another John :D
Hugs
and Thank You!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've heard it said before that John is the beloved. The one that Jesus told Mary, here is your son.
I get it.
I believe it was John the Baptist who recieved the testimony and sent him on the journey of preparing the way.
That John the Baptist was sent by God to testify of his son.
And he was told to watch for a dove and that would be the YEAH!! sign the signify the mark that ...

the angel is the dove or the sign the (signified it by)

That was the sign John was given to know who Jesus Christ the lamb of God was..er is.. um will be..
You know what I mean :)

whaddayathink?
HUGS
consider this Zaggy, I mean Ziggy :)
John the Baptist was long dead (head off job by Herod) when The Revelation was given 90-100AD.....he was also dead (same head off job :) when Paul spoke of knowing a man who went to the third heaven.....anyway, lots more to unfold here but I've just got back from the beach and its a bit on the hot side. Next time you're down this way we can sit under a shady tree with a cool drink and rattle this around a bit......'signified' by the way means whatever is given is in symbols or codes or signs if you like.... the angel, hmmmm, probably good ole Gabe.....same bloke who filled in Daniel.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

3. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

8. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

9. And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11. Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

12. And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

13. On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

14. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15. And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

16. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

17. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

18. And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

19. And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

20. The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

21. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22. And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

27. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
@Ziggy What a wonderful prospect of the Lamb in glory!

Chapter 5 is similar, also.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph learns that his Father Isaac is dying. He wants him to bless his two sons Ephraim and Manasseh.
Gen 48:13
And Joseph took them both, Ephraim in his right hand toward Israel's left hand, and Manasseh in his left hand toward Israel's right hand, and brought them near unto him.
Gen 48:14
And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn.
Gen 48:17
And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head.
Gen 48:18
And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.
Gen 48:19
And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

See what I did there? :)

Which came first, John the Baptist or Jesus?
Now they both had blessings.
Both of them had an angel announce their arrival.

How many coincidences before it becomes mathematically impossible?

Which group is bigger, Christians, or Baptists?
I'm just sayin...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The first heaven and the first earth were passed away.

first verse up to bat:
Gen 8:22
While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

In Jeremiah we see a terrible destruction. The earth is void and everything is gone. The animals and the people.
Desolate even.
Desolate.. Abomination that maketh desolate... save that thought for later..

Is this what Jeremiah saw after Noah's flood and that's why Noah needed to build the ark for all the animals?
hmm

Jer 4:23
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jer 4:24
I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25
I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26
I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

Jer 4:1
If thou wilt return, O Israel, saith the LORD, return unto me: and if thou wilt put away thine abominations out of my sight, then shalt thou not remove.
Jer 4:2
And thou shalt swear, The LORD liveth, in truth, in judgment, and in righteousness; and the nations shall bless themselves in him, and in him shall they glory.
Jer 4:7
The lion is come up from his thicket, and the destroyer of the Gentiles is on his way; he is gone forth from his place to make thy land desolate; and thy cities shall be laid waste, without an inhabitant.
Jer 4:8
For this gird you with sackcloth, lament and howl: for the fierce anger of the LORD is not turned back from us.

Well, we have abominations and desolations in Jeremiah.
And whoever the destroyer of the Gentiles is, he wipes out all of humanity and almost everything on earth.

Jer 4:13
Behold, he shall come up as clouds, and his chariots shall be as a whirlwind: his horses are swifter than eagles. Woe unto us! for we are spoiled.
Jer 4:14
O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?

REPENT! REPENT!

Jer 4:20
Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.
Jer 4:21
How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?

REPENT! REPENT!

Jer 4:27
For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
Jer 4:28
For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Woe is me!

I will not make a full end.

Mat 3:11
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

this baptism thing sounds rather scary, not like the sprinkle and dunk I got.

So still the first heaven and earth is not passed away yet, because a full end has not been made.
And in Revelation there is no more sea.
In the flood of Noah that's all there is is water. And lots of it.

And John came baptizing with water.. there's that..

who is the destroyer of the Gentiles?

And who are the Gentiles?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason why I believe Jeremiah is looking back at the flood and not forward to a future destruction is because a full end was not made to that world. Noah sent forth a... dove.. there's that dove again. and brought back an olive branch.
Something yet remained.

When the first world passes it's going to be with a BANG!
2Pe 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11
Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

This is Peter.. Peter and Mark, .. Mark wrote the book of Mark save this for later..

dissolved, and melted.. and looking for new heavens and a new earth.
Peter been talking to someone about that vision John had in Revelation.
And that vision was supposed to be sent to the seven churches.
And Peter must be one of those churches... just thinking.

even the heavens will be on fire. not just heaven but heavens
Sounds like hell to me.

So Jeremiahs vision of the the earth made void but not passed away, leads me to believe he is looking backwards not forwards.
Because looking forwards nothing remains and everything begins again.

And that clean slate starts in Genesis 1.1 In the Beginning.