REVIVAL OR BUST.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Ch 36:16, But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

Those who would preach the word of the Lord out on the streets today are placed in mental institutions until they are "med-compliant" and no longer a danger to the devil for that they are addicted to the psychotropic medications given to them. The prophets are "misused"...the messengers of God are mocked, and the words of God are despised.

There will come a point in the land where there is no remedy...and the only thing left for God to do will be to judge the land (and the people of the land) for its (their) unrighteousness.

I fear it may be too late...one more fortnight and the people will be saying,

Jer 8:20, The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joe 1:13, Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God.
Joe 1:14, Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD,
Joe 1:15, Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hab 1:2, O LORD, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! evencry out unto thee of violence, and thou wilt not save!
Hab 1:3, Why dost thou shew me iniquity, and cause me to behold grievance? for spoiling and violence are before me: and there are that raise up strife and contention.
Hab 1:4, Therefore the law is slacked, and judgment doth never go forth: for the wicked doth compass about the righteous; therefore wrong judgment proceedeth.
Hab 1:5, Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those who would preach the word of the Lord out on the streets today are placed in mental institutions

So long as one complies with the laws about safety, nuisance and obstruction one can preach the gospel in the streets of our towns and cities.

That said anyone standing there shouting about OT prophercies and decrying sin is likely to be thought to be insane.
The guys I know who regularly preach on the street, present the gospel in ways that their hearers can understand.

Reactions: Dave L and Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So long as one complies with the laws about safety, nuisance and obstruction one can preach the gospel in the streets of our towns and cities.

That said anyone standing there shouting about OT prophercies and decrying sin is likely to be thought to be insane.
The guys I know who regularly preach on the street, present the gospel in ways that their hearers can understand.
There is truth here. I honestly do believe most people standing on street corners, screaming doom and damnation at passers-by really do have mental issues.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is truth here. I honestly do believe most people standing on street corners, screaming doom and damnation at passers-by really do have mental issues.

You have to have a permit or you can be arrested.

Today there's a big problem with liberal cities not enforcing laws, so we see tents and boxes on streets, gutters turned in the bathrooms, beggars, Drug use, assaults and worse.

It is too late. Apostasy reigns, liberals control the government and if you're a Christian you're the enemy.

Time for the rapture.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2Ch 36:16, But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

Open their eyes, heavenly Father!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time for the rapture.

Eze 14:13, Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:
Eze 14:14, Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 14:15, If I cause noisome beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts:
Eze 14:16, Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters; they only shall be delivered, but the land shall be desolate.
Eze 14:17, Or if I bring a sword upon that land, and say, Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off man and beast from it:
Eze 14:18, Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters, but they only shall be delivered themselves.
Eze 14:19, Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast:
Eze 14:20, Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

1Pe 3:20, Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Luk 18:8, I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People will surely excuse themselves by saying, But did not Jesus die for me? Therefore, there is no righteous requirement that I must obey; truly, I can be lawless and I will still enter the kingdom!

This is the result of false teaching that has pervaded the church:

Jde 1:4, For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

These false teachers are condemned because they are telling people that there is no danger to escape; and as a result people are walking down the broad path and falling over the cliff into everlasting fire.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recognize that this new ministry may very well fall on deaf ears, as was the case with the prophet Jeremiah...however, as God said to Ezekiel, I will have delivered my own soul for that I offered warning.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we often do, we are again comparing 21st Century apples to 1st Century oranges. It was a normal and everyday method of speaking with people in those days. It was expected. Such is not the case today. In fact, the behavior of normal life of today is far removed from the way things were commonly done then.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we often do, we are again comparing 21st Century apples to 1st Century oranges. It was a normal and everyday method of speaking with people in those days. It was expected. Such is not the case today. In fact, the behavior of normal life of today is far removed from the way things were commonly done then.
Much of what the prophets spoke in their decrying of sin, they spoke before the 1st Century.

The Old Testament prophets were persecuted as the true New Testament prophets are persecuted today.

Gal 4:29, But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Hos 9:7, The days of visitation are come, the days of recompence are come; Israel shall know it: the prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad, for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred.

This is not to say that the spiritual man prophesied about is actually mad; for it is written:

2Ti 1:7, For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

It is to say that those who are spiritual will be considered to be mad by those who have been affected by the strong delusion spoken of in

2Th 2:11, And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

; for those who do not have spiritual eyes to see do most unswervingly project their own insanity onto those who do; so that even Paul had to defend his own sanity (in reputation) by the following words:

2Co 5:13, For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.
2Co 5:14, For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
2Co 5:15, And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

It is the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred against Christians and Jews, that leads the world to accuse us of being out of our minds through Freudian psychology; which is a lie that has been forged against the saints, even as it is written prophetically:

Psa 119:69, The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart.

On another note, is not the word of the Lord a timeless message?

Therefore we ought not to conform to the demands of culture when it comes to how we speak to people about what the Lord has said.

If it was expected in the 1st Century that people spoke a certain way, should we not consider that that was a better time in history? Since the people were influenced by the words of our Lord as He spoke them to them directly.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joe 1:13, Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God.
Joe 1:14, Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD,
Joe 1:15, Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are boasting in New York City that they have taken some kind of huge step forward over the fact that according to an amendment of old laws, babies can now be aborted up to the moment that they are born. As with the rainbow lights over the White House, they have put pink lights over the World Trade Center depicting the rights of women to murder their unborn children...and the church leaders in the State think that they have taken a step forward in religion.

Is it not written in the book of Daniel that the Antichrist shall attempt to change the laws of the land? if the church does not rise up and take its position, he may even succeed at it.

It is very probable that he is alive on the earth today.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This new law is unconstitutional...those unborn children have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jas 4:4, Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
Jas 4:5, Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
Jas 4:6, But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Jas 4:7, Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jas 4:8, Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Jas 4:9, Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then so did the prophets of old.

Open their eyes, heavenly Father!

The prophets of the OT spoke rationaly to their audience, who were often unwilling to listen. Frequently they were speaking before the King and his court.
Ranting and raving like a mad man was not what they did.

The words of Tyndale are very apropriate, " I want the the boy who follows the plough, the weaver and ordinary people to know the words of God and to discuss them as the work or travel."

Just as the 16th centuary ordinary folk were ignorant of what the bible teaches, so ordinary people today are ignorant.
They need rational teaching not ranting and raving of things they don't know or understand.

Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prophets of the OT spoke rationaly to their audience, who were often unwilling to listen. Frequently they were speaking before the King and his court.

The words of Tyndale are very apropriate, " I want the the boy who follows the plough, the weaver and ordinary people to know the words of God and to discuss them as the work or travel."

Just as the 16th centuary ordinary folk were ignorant of what the bible teaches, so ordinary people today are ignorant.
They need rational teaching not ranting and raving of things they don't know or understand.

This is exactly my point. 95% of those sidewalk ranters have serious mental problems.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hos 9:7, The days of visitation are come, the days of recompence are come; Israel shall know it: the prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad, for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred.

This is not to say that the spiritual man prophesied about is actually mad; for it is written:

2Ti 1:7, For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

It is to say that those who are spiritual will be considered to be mad by those who have been affected by the strong delusion spoken of in

2Th 2:11, And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

; for those who do not have spiritual eyes to see do most unswervingly project their own insanity onto those who do; so that even Paul had to defend his own sanity (in reputation) by the following words:

2Co 5:13, For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.
2Co 5:14, For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
2Co 5:15, And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

It is the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred against Christians and Jews, that leads the world to accuse us of being out of our minds through Freudian psychology; which is a lie that has been forged against the saints, even as it is written prophetically:

Psa 119:69, The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart.

Most assuredly, they did not rant and rave like madmen; however their message was indeed the same message that was considered in another post to be the words of madmen:

Hosea in particular may have been speaking of himself as well as a future situation when he wrote

As I have explained above, it was not real madness that motivated these people, deemed to be insane by those around them; but in all reality, in the situation presented, the world is affected by a strong delusion, and those who are not deluded are considered to be so by the general population because it is the minority who understands the truth and therefore we are outside the norm; therefore our pov is considerd to be insane even though in all reality it is not but is the same pov that was held by the prophets of old.

Paul the apostle had to deal with charges of insanity in his mere preaching of the gospel to King Agrippa and Festus:

Act 26:23, That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.
Act 26:24, And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.
Act 26:25, But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.
Act 26:26, For the king knoweth of these things, before whom also I speak freely: for I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was not done in a corner.
Act 26:27, King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest.
Act 26:28, Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

If not for the fact that the prophets had accomplished their ministries previously, Paul would have been considered to be insane by both of them and would have very likely been placed in a mental institution of their day.

Paul gives his defense against this charge, which was very likely circulating among some of the people, elsewhere in scripture:

For indeed, if someone is spouting what is considered to be foolishness, will they not be considered to be a fool, or worse yet, a lunatic?

However it is written in the scriptures:

1Co 1:18, For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:19, For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20, Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1Co 1:21, For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Co 1:22, For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Co 1:23, But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24, But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1Co 1:25, Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Last edited: