Richard Rohr

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are his teachings Orthodox?
Is the False Self the same as the "old man", Paul writes about?
How about the role of Meditation / Contemplation?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Some readers may be thinking the above citations and comments are little more than guilt by association. That might be true if we were suggesting the problem is Dallas Jenkins is steeped in Richard Rohr’s material, and it is making it’s way into his vastly popular series. But we plainly have not made that claim. But we plainly have not made that claim. We clearly expressed our concerns early on that “the danger of serious heresy may actually lie outside the script and instead within the social media of the creative team, actors and actresses.“ If Richard Rohr, the Eastern practices of Contemplative Prayer and the Enneagram are spiritual tools that those associated with The Chosen admire and advocate, fans are very likely to trust these ‘tools’ are safe and helpful in their personal spiritual pursuits. That would be tragic.”

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
He put Rohr's book in the Fiction section--not much of an endorsement, unless I'm missing something.

Dallas Jenkins didn’t put the book in the Fiction section. The author of the tweet, a person named Jon Root, did.

Jenkins has endorsed Rohr. Root hasn’t.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does the Dallas Jenkins thing come n. And BTW, who is Dallas Jenkins? I didn't even know who Richard Rohr was till this thread.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Rohr (a Roman Catholic) is a controversial figure in Catholic and Protestant Christian circles.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Oh, thanks!!Haven't watched the Chosen.

I’ve watched less than 30 minutes of the program. I don’t know if what Rohr is pushing has, or might, make its way into the program or not. The concern expressed by many pastors is that fans of the program may turn to Rohr because the creator, director, co-writer of The Chosen and the actors personally endorse him. I posted an example of this in post #4.

I learned about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator when I took a pastoral counseling class in college. I was exposed to the Enneagram years later when receiving secular training to work with neglected and abused children. That training raised a red flag. Many psychologists and psychiatrists use the Enneagram. I don’t.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as I can tell, Rohr is a heretic. (Clinical label, not pejorative.) Heresy is the obstinate denial or obstinate doubt after the reception of baptism of some truth which is to be believed by divine and Catholic faith. He has been in trouble before for his teachings. I cannot help but wonder why he hasn't had his faculties removed by now.