Righteous Judgment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
Jn 7: 24Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. Many today have been given the mistaken notion that believers should not Judge people. But this is a false unscriptural notion, because Jesus commands His followers to make righteous Judgment..not according to appearance as in what James forbids James 2: 1My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. 2For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; 3And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: 4Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts? see this type Judgment according to appearance is forbidden or this..matt 23: 28Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. In other words men can appear righteous by their demeanor and mannerisms as Paul confessed he once did phil 3: 4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: 5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. So yes men and women can appear righteous..satans ministers can appear righteous 2 cor 11: 13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. Yes folks so Jesus says don't judge according to appearance, but he turns around a gives a command, a imperative to Judge righteous judgment.. the phrase, but judge righteous judgment is a aorist imperative in the greek text.. the aorist here would be punctilar action, that is existing now, be punctual with your judging righteous judgment..in the present which you find yourself.. The standard or rule that is acceptable and pleasing to God to gauge righteous judgment is His word His gospel His word of truth.. The gospel the word of truth.. eph 1: 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, col 1: 5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; james 1: Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. So the gospel, Gods word of truth , is a perfect gauge to judge men by and their words of profession.. Paul backs up his claim by saying this gal 1: 8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. So Paul is in agreement with Jesus to judge righteous judgment..its not a option but as stated a command..we have no choice but to judge righteous judgment according to a righteous standard the word of truth.. Not according to outward appearance..if i see someone carrying a bible, reading a bible, bowing in prayer, somber looking and all the outward manifestations of piety, but,,the question remains, what do you understand to be the gospel, the word of truth ? So next time we get angry and upset about someone Judging us according to the gospel truth..they have a right to do that and are commanded to do that..as long as their standard is the word of the gospel and not merely outward appearance...