Rock God (A Contemporary Modern Christian Story)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm starting to work on this tonight, but @JohnDB, @historyb, anybody else that I forgot to mention,.. what do you guys think about this? :D (Yes DJ is God the Father in human form but it's just a story that is trying to portray how cool, fun, and funny that I think He is. :cool:) It evolved from a roleplay idea that I'm currently doing with another friend btw. :) (I'll post the link for it once I have it up. :D)

After Michael “Mick” L. Dawson Junior forms a rock band with his father and high school friends, he becomes extremely popular and famous. However, after the death of his father Mick threatens to quit the band forever. That is until a mysterious stranger by the name of DJ shows up and teaches him that he should never give up on his dreams.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to see the whole thing :) As a writer, playwright, and poet I like to see the whole picture so I say go for it!

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to see the whole thing :) As a writer, playwright, and poet I like to see the whole picture so I say go for it!

Really!? Cool! A lot of Christians might find it sacrilegious because I have God portrayed as a rock star lol but I actually got permission from Him to do this because of the message that it's sending of how He's just like everybody else even though He's God and when we just come to Him and believe in ourselves like we believe in Him we can move mountains. We just have to have faith. :D

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ever seen "Jesus Christ superstar"? Now that was cool, it's basically a rock opera and I'm sure it got some people's undie's in a bunch.

Is yours like the Shack?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ever seen "Jesus Christ superstar"? Now that was cool, it's basically a rock opera and I'm sure it got some people's undie's in a bunch.

Is yours like the Shack?

Yes I love Jesus Christ Superstar!! :D And no it isn't as God's a male so He's a male DJ. He's also a male rocker so I highly doubt that's anything like The Shack. :p

Reactions: historyb

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried to start working on this last night but I'm still trying to figure out how to start it. :/

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is always the heard part, I can come up with an ending to my stories before I have a beginning. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess what!? I finally have come up with the beginning of this story and I'll be working on it ASAP. Also @JohnDB, if you don't like this idea or think it's too weird just let me know lol as you're allowed to have honest opinions. :D

Reactions: JohnDB

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so I'll take that as you're not into it then,.. but @historyb check this out as this is one of the songs that will be mentioned (don't worry I won't post lyrics since they're copyrighted) that Shock Therapy will be rocking out to. I will probably have them write their own songs as well. :D The second song will be mentioned for when Mick is singing in church. :)