Roll dem' rolls

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't see a good or appropriate place for food so I've place a few photos here, not finding a "Grub" sub-forum!

20180223_143126-1328x747.jpg

These are my whole wheat supper rolls hot out of the oven. I love to bake and we had rolls, BBQ chicken w/home brewed BBQ sauce, baby Lima beans cooked in beef broth with a ham bone, cheesy garlic mashed potatoes, and my deluxe cole slaw. Good? Oh My my yes. At least we thought so.

FB_IMG_1519420451072.jpg my deep dish apple pie with crumbly butter crust is not too bad! It disappeared quick enough. The thick buttery cinnamon brown sugar filler base is quite tasty.

19243.jpeg
This is my beef and vegetable soup/stew aka "stewp". Beef broth/stock is the base, not water. Ground beef with Vegetables include but not limited to sautéed onions, bell peppers, celery. Diced tomatoes, carrots, baby Lima beans, French cut green beans, corn, Okra, pinto beans, sweet peppers, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, worschester sauce, garlic, paprika, Chives, several spices.

I make this in a big pot, about 2 + gallons. After completed I place it in meal size portions in freezer zip lock bags. This makes many meals and so we just thaw some when we want it and cook potatoes or Elbow Macaroni to add. Potatoes do not freeze well so it's better to add them later.

Well that's all folks! Anyone got photos/recipes of their pet concoctions?

Bon Appétit!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Haha! I agree with Windmill....it is only 10.30am here and that food looks so good and healthy...I so wish you lived just up the road...I would be at your house in a moment!
That pie REALLY has got to me...awesome. I am slobbering :D

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've lost lots in the last years amazingly. Once I was about 310lbs! I am 6'-3 so could carry it. I'm down to about 229 today. I don't eat a lot but try to eat healthy. Not many fried foods but all are cooked in olive oil.

I like to cook and jf you all lived close I'd be glad to rustle up something good.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is causing people to sin: Over eating.
Pentecostals are famous for that.

Hahaha!!
1 Cor 12 "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any."
"When lust is conceived..." Over eating is your choice...not the fault of any harmless good looking pie...it is pure. " To the pure all things are pure."

I would say "Thank You Jesus " if I were at Franks house. :D

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Triumph1300 By the way...can you make your signature line a bit larger! ..being BOLD and RED...and VERY LARGE....I can hardly see it!! :rolleyes:
;)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will try, but first I pray for the healing in your eyes.

It is not my eyes, can't miss it being that BIG!! It is just very distracting from what you are actually writing in your posts...it overwhelms and dominates your responses.

Just saying.
Plus...I thought that BOLD , RED and BIG like that was shouting!
I don't much enjoy being shouted at !! lol

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok Hold on! I change it. lol

So, There! :)

Yay!! See...now your actual POST stands out much better and more powerfully, no distractions.. :)

I will always be in your debt. You are a perfect gentlemen. ;)

Reactions: Triumph1300

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hot and sour egg drop soup

Having it out of a small mixing bowl

Edit: I realize now I think this was about baking.

I made some braided jalapeño cheddar bread recently but I don't have the picture anymore.

But they sold out so they must have looked good.

Attachments

• 20230106_200205.jpg
    20230106_200205.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: