Rom 2 devotions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2:1

KJV 1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

NHEB 1 Therefore you are without excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment. For in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself. For you who judge practice the same things.

These are my thoughts.

We have our own sin so we shouldn’t judge, we are to let the word and Jesus be the judge, we are to share the truth but not in a condemning way but in a loving way.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We have our own sin so we shouldn’t judge, we are to let the word and Jesus be the judge, we are to share the truth but not in a condemning way but in a loving way.

In recognising that someones action is sinful we have already made a judgement.

The point of all verses in the bible that talk about us making a judgement is that we are to be very awareof our our faults and that we are to make a right judgement.

Not to just critize because it is 'not how we do it', but to judge by scripture.

Reactions: Mayflower

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love also includes discernment.

from Philippians 1:
9. And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, 10. that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, 11. being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
In recognising that someones action is sinful we have already made a judgement.

The point of all verses in the bible that talk about us making a judgement is that we are to be very awareof our our faults and that we are to make a right judgement.

Not to just critize because it is 'not how we do it', but to judge by scripture.

exactly so we are not to shy away from what has already been judged - twinc

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2:2

KJV 2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.

NHEB 2 Now we know that the judgment of God is in accordance with truth against those who practice such things.

These are my thoughts.

God will judge by truth, we have to be in His truth thru Jesus being our Lord and Savior and He will lead us not to practice sin but glorify God.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2:3

KJV 3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

NHEB 3 And do you think this, you who judge those who practice such things, and do the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?

These are my thoughts.

The only way to escape judgment is by the cross, the cross changes us.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2:4

KJV 4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

NHEB 4 Or do you despise the riches of his goodness, forbearance, and patience, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

These are my thoughts.

We need to cherish and not despise the values and riches we gain from the Lord.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you.

How imperative is it then that we judge with mercy!

Peace!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2:5

KJV 5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

NHEB 5 But according to your hardness and unrepentant heart you are storing up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

These are my thoughts.

Let our hearts be joined to the Lord who is righteous.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2:6

KJV 6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

NHEB 6 who "will pay back to everyone according to their works:"

These are my thoughts.

God will give us based off grace but by what we do for Him.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2:7

KJV 7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Thomson 7 to them who by perseverance in well-doing, seek for glory and honour, and incorruption [he will grant] everlasting life;

These are my thoughts.

When we have eternal life thru Christ we have a life of patience of well doing bringing Him glory and honor.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2:11

KJV 11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

NHEB 11 For there is no partiality with God.

These are my thoughts.

We are all on the same level to Jesus and we all need Him.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2:12

KJV 12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

NHEB 12 For as many as have sinned without the law will also perish without the law. As many as have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.

These are my thoughts.

Without the law we are still sinners and we cant keep the law so Jesus came to die for our sins so because of His death e are no longer judged by the law but by Jesus.