Romans 1:2-

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

Romans 1:2 Living Bible (TLB)

2 This Good News was promised long ago by God’s prophets in the Old Testament.

Living Bible (TLB) The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
The promises of God were given from long ago people may have forgotten them but God keeps His promises no matter who remembers them.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
clark thompson said:

Living Bible (TLB) The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
The promises of God were given from long ago people may have forgotten them but God keeps His promises no matter who remembers them.
Paul is referring to the promise of the good news. In other words he's referring to the promise of the Messiah. This is the promise that Jeremiah prophesiedabout, in that God would write his laws on our hearts. All who have confessed Jesus as their savior, have received that promise.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:3
KJV 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
MSTC 3 that make mention of his son, the which was begotten unto him of the seed of David, as pertaining to the flesh:

These are my thoughts.
Jesus was descended from David which meant He was the rightful king.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=37.5pt]Romans 1:4[/SIZE]

KJV [SIZE=10.5pt]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=16.5pt]And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:[/SIZE]

MSTC [SIZE=10.5pt]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=16.5pt]and declared to be the son of God with power of the holy ghost, that sanctifieth, since the time that Jesus Christ our Lord rose again from death:[/SIZE]

These are my thoughts.
Jesus proved that He is God’s Son by rising from the grave this showed the world His true holiness.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:5
KJV 5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
MSTC 5 by whom we have received grace and apostleship, to bring all manner heathen people unto obedience of the faith, that is in his name:

These are my thoughts.
By God’s grace we received all His blessings to us.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=37.5pt]Romans 1:5[/SIZE]

KJV [SIZE=10.5pt]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=16.5pt]By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:[/SIZE]

MSTC [SIZE=10.5pt]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=16.5pt]by whom we have received grace and apostleship, to bring all manner heathen people unto obedience of the faith, that is in his name:[/SIZE]

These are my thoughts.
By God’s grace we received all His blessings to us.

Reactions: Sword
Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:6
KJV 6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
MSTC 6 of the which heathen are ye a part also, which are Jesus Christ's by vocation.

These are my thoughts.
We are called by Christ to salvation.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=37.5pt]Romans 1:7[/SIZE]

KJV [SIZE=10.5pt]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=16.5pt]To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.[/SIZE]

MSTC [SIZE=10.5pt]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=16.5pt]To all you of Rome beloved of God, and saints by calling. Grace be with you, and peace from God our father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.[/SIZE]

These are my thoughts.
When we follow God we should be at peace.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
clark thompson

I have a couple of questions.

If going through the book of Romans, why did you start with Rom.1:2 and not Rom. 1:1?

And, why do you say 'these are my thoughts', when you only give one thought to the verse you are addressing?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
clark thompson said:

These are my thoughts.
clark thompson

Rom. 1:1 says Paul recognized that he was a slave of Jesus Christ. What do you make of that?

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=37.5pt]Romans 1:8[/SIZE]

KJV [SIZE=10.5pt]8[/SIZE] [SIZE=16.5pt]First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.[/SIZE]

MSTC [SIZE=10.5pt]8[/SIZE] [SIZE=16.5pt]First: Verily I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is published throughout all the world.[/SIZE]

These are my thoughts.
We should give praise to God for others faith and what He allowed us do to help them.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=37.5pt]Romans 1:9[/SIZE]

KJV [SIZE=10.5pt]9[/SIZE] [SIZE=16.5pt]For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16.5pt]MSTC [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]9[/SIZE] [SIZE=16.5pt]For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit, in the Gospel of his son that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers,[/SIZE]

These are my thoughts.
We are to serve God and this is made possible by Jesus and we should be praying for each other.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=37.5pt]Romans 1:10[/SIZE]

KJV [SIZE=10.5pt]10[/SIZE] [SIZE=16.5pt]Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.[/SIZE]

NHEB [SIZE=10.5pt]10[/SIZE] [SIZE=16.5pt]always in my prayers, requesting, if by any means now at last I may succeed by the will of God to come to you.[/SIZE]

These are my thoughts.
It is God’s will that we as Christians find opportunity to serve Him.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:11
KJV 11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;
NHEB 11 For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you;

These are my thoughts.
We should have a desire to serve and have love for each other.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:12
KJV 12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
NHEB 12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine.

These are my thoughts.
We should encourage each other in faith.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
MSTC 3 that make mention of his son, the which was begotten unto him of the seed of David, as pertaining to the flesh:

These are my thoughts.
Jesus was descended from David which meant He was the rightful king.
GINOLJC, to all. clark thompson, good topic, this shows another fulfillmentof the scriptures. but was this son, the Lord Jesus, a biological son, or a birthright son, according to the flesh?.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:13
KJV 13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.
NHEB 13 Now I do not desire to have you unaware, brothers, that I often planned to come to you, and was hindered so far, that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among the rest of the Gentiles.

These are my thoughts.
We should not let what other believers aren’t able to do hinder our walk with the Lord. We also should to strive to be an encouragement to other believers and help them bear fruit.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:14
KJV 14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.
NHEB 14 I have an obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish.

These are my thoughts.
Paul was called to be used to all people. We maybe called in a certain area or a certain people but we should be open to be used by God any where He chooses.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:15
KJV 15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
NHEB 15 So, for my part, I am eager to preach the Good News to you also who are in Rome.

These are my thoughts.
If it was up to Paul he would have went right away to preach the gospel to Rome. Life as Christians aint up to us but is up to God who we follow.