• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Paul's verse says.. (Romans 11)....."if you continue in HIS Goodness."..Your Salvation is secure.

And who is "His", and what is the "goodness" you are to ""CONTINE IN"" ?

"HiS" : is God. And God's GOODNESS< is the mercy of God's GRACE extended to the WORLD as the Cross of Christ, that is John 3:16.

So, the verse says, if you continue in GODS GOODNESS, "HIS"... which is "the GIFT OF SALVATION"< CHRIST ON THE CROSS... then certainly you can't be cut off, as you are become a Child of God, "ONE with GOD". "In Christ". Born Again.

However, if you try to "CONTINUE" to be accepted by God, based on water, works, commandments, lifestyle, then you are not IN God's Grace, (His Goodness) so, you can't continue in it, as you are OUTSIFE OF IT...
Reader, to "continue in it", as that is SALVATION, which is God's Goodness given to you as a GIFT, is to be born again.

Heretics and CULTS teach = YOUR OWN GOODNESS, and YOUR OWN HOLINESS< as your OWN Salvation......you are to DO for yourself.

See the Difference ????? , between continuing in GOD's GOODNESS< as FAITH in CHRIST on the CROSS, and being BORN AGAIN... vs.... The Heresy of : "im trying to be holy so that i can go to heaven"....which is NOT GOD's Goodness.
Its your own SELF EFFORT., and that is NEVER ACCEPTED BY GOD., as that is the "error of CAIN" that JUDE Teaches about..
Understand Reader.......God only accepts CHRIST's GOODNESS, that He has FINSIHED ON THE CROSS, to accept you and me.
And when you have RECEIEVED this FROM GOD as "The gift of Salvation", then that is HOW you "continue"= in HIS (GOD's) Goodness. And that is your Eternal LIFE, and your "Gift of Rightouesness", fulfilled.

= SALVATION

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Paul's verse says.. (Romans 11)....."if you continue in HIS Goodness."..Your Salvation is secure.

"HiS" : is God. And God's GOODNESS< is the mercy of God's GRACE extended to the WORLD as the Cross of Christ, that is John 3:16.

So, the verse says, if you continue in GODS GOODNESS, "HIS"... which is "the GIFT OF SALVATION"< CHRIST ON THE CROSS... then certainly you can't be cut off, as you are become a Child of God, "ONE with GOD". "In Christ". Born Again.

However, if you try to "CONTINUE" to be accepted by God, based on water, works, commandments, lifestyle, then you are not IN God's Grace, (His Goodness) so, you can't continue in it, as you are OUTSIFE OF IT...
Reader, to "continue in it", as that is SALVATION, which is God's Goodness given to you as a GIFT, is to be born again.

Heretics and CULTS teach = YOUR OWN GOODNESS, and YOUR OWN HOLINESS< as your OWN Salvation......you are to DO for yourself.

See the Difference ????? , between continuing in GOD's GOODNESS< as FAITH in CHRIST on the CROSS, and being BORN AGAIN... vs.... The Heresy of : "im trying to be holy so that i can go to heaven"....which is NOT GOD's Goodness.
Its your own SELF EFFORT., and that is NEVER ACCEPTED BY GOD., as that is the "error of CAIN" that JUDE Teaches about..
Understand Reader.......God only accepts CHRIST's GOODNESS, that He has FINSIHED ON THE CROSS, to accept you and me.
And when you have RECEIEVED this FROM GOD as "The gift of Salvation", then that is HOW you "continue"= in HIS (GOD's) Goodness. And that is your Eternal LIFE, and your "Gift of Rightouesness", fulfilled.

= SALVATION

May I ask you Be, who is God sir?

Reactions: Wrangler

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?” (2 Corinthians 13:5)

Why should we prove ourselves if that is likened to being in a cult and being “self-righteous”?

“…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” (Philippians 2:12)

Uh oh, there’s those two heretical words again, “your own” and “work”…

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith;

Thats a good verse.
Its a Brother to the Verse in JUDE that says "contend for the REAL FAITH".
You should read Jude, he has quite a bit to say about trying to be good to be saved.
He'll teach you all about your "error of Cain" theology that you preach.

Now. Notice Paul is very specific with the context......>He says....>"be in THE Faith".
And he's talking to the born again.

What is showing them? He's showig them, as Jude does also= that there is ONE FAITH....only....that is the REAL faith..that is the TRUTH.
This is why Paul and Jude define it as "THE" Faith., vs, some faith, or a faith.
See that, Michia-Imla?

So....What are Paul and Jude showing you? They are showing you that you can become apart from THE faith, and DECEIVED.
And you end up a HERETIC...."fallen from Grace" as Paul explains it, in Galatians.
You can spot these heretics in Pulpits and on Forums, as they never talk about the CROSS, and they only talk about.

1. Self effort to be saved and to stay saved
2. Losing Salvation

So, Both Paul and Jude teach that its important to (examine yourselves)= self check your own FAITH, to make sure you are in THE FAITH, the real faith and have not become caught up in what Hebrews 13:9 says......>"doctrines of Devils".........that have replaced THE FAITH.

THE FAITH is soley based on THE CROSS of Christ, and never is it based on works, or trying to be holy, or trying to be like Christ, or any other self effort that is the "error of Cain", that all heretics preach and pursue.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should read Jude, he has quite a bit to say about trying to be good to be saved.

How do you arrive at such a ludicrous conclusion by reading Jude?

“For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Jude 1:4)

This is more of a rebuke on what you’re teaching.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How do you arrive at such a ludicrous conclusion by reading Jude?

“For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Jude 1:4)
This is more of a rebuke on what you’re teaching.

You are trying to teach what you can't yet understand.
Thats pretty foolish.

Let me explain the "error of Cain" for you, as you avoided reading about that...

Its this......Cain and Abel, went to God.
God accepted Abel's Sacrifice, as it was the shed BLOOD , and that is : OUR Jesus, on the Cross, paying for OUR SINS.

CAIN, went to God trying to be Holy, and good, and offered God his WORKs. And God told him, "GET OUT" ..!!!!
See that?
That is what God tells all who are trying by self effort and works and commandment keeping, and self-holiness, to be accepted by God.

This is the "error of CAIN", and you are in that mind set.

Next...
You have misunerstood "turning the Grace of God, into Lasciviousness".
And you got this wrong understanding from your Church or from a commentary and i wager that its a commentary you use much more then any bible, ever.

Let me explain this verse to you, Michiah-Imla.

JUDE is teaching that some of the Devil's workers teach that The Grace of God, if understood correctly, is "licence to sin".

In other words, they FLIPPED the Understanding of Grace, into the TWISTED IDEA that Grace, as it is, as it truly exists, is a licence to sin...which is the deception.

See that? They subverted the understanding of Grace, by perverting the way Paul and JUDE teach it, as a "Licence to Sin".
And by doing this, they enlist a person's self righteousness, that becomes their self saving belief. (Legalism)

They think, "oh, so Salvation, is all about SELF EFFORT"........and that is because the GRACE OF GOD, the correct understanding of it as a FREE GIFT, was subverted by some false teachers in Paul's Day, and this same assault on God's Grace still happens today, by people who do not understand the Garcd of God, and do not accept the Grace of God, and do NOT believe that CHRIST KEEPS YOU SAVED.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have misunerstood "turning the Grace of God, into Lasciviousness".
And you got this wrong understanding from your Church or from a commentary

Wrong.

and i wager that its a commentary you use much more then any bible, ever.

If you wagered any money you’d be in debt to me.

I’d wager that YOU are the one who got your extra-biblical teaching from a church and/or commentary. After all, you do more talking than scripture quoting.

How you can read the entire New Testament and still say the things you say can only be rationally explained by these two possibilities:

A) You no longer spend any or much time reading a good translation of the Bible.

B) You read books and commentaries that teach Once Saved Always Saved.

My posts and scripture citations are clear. Only someone rigid and unreasonable in his traditional beliefs will dismiss them.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Wrong.

If you wagered any money you’d be in debt to me.

I’d wager that YOU are the one who got your extra-biblical teaching from a church and/or commentary. After all, you do more talking than scripture quoting.

I dont use any commentaries., so, you lost that bet.
Also, you state a lot, and you prove nothing.
So, at some point, you left any type of conversation, and just regressed into insults.

Another thing is. I quote many verses, that you never recognize, because i dont quote the chapter.
See, its like this... a person like you, has your 2-3 verses, that you post redundantly, as if you have proven something.
Then, if you read a good teaching, that gives Credit to Chirst for Salvation, you then abuse this, as it does not fit your legalism.
Nothing new.

Yours is a theology that has no Cross in it, as proven by your last 35 posts to me, and i would imagine hundreds posted previously.
And you are welcome now to write the word "CROSS" in your next post, as, that is typical of a person like you who needs to have it in at least one post.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont use any commentaries., so, you lost that bet.

We’re even then. LOL!!

See, its like this... a person like you, has your 2-3 verses, that you post

I quoted more than 2-3 verses…

if you read a good teaching, that gives Credit to Chirst for Salvation, you then resuse this

Your definition of “good teaching” is contrary to the scriptures I quoted. Your “teaching” makes a mockery of Christ’s horrible death.

as it does not fit your legalism.

Why is “legalism” a bad word?

Is “Anarchism” a better word in comparison?

LOL!!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your definition of “good teaching” is contrary to the scriptures I quoted. Your “teaching” makes a mockery of Christ’s horrible death.
!

Its easy for someone like you to say what you just said, but you could not in 100 lifetimes take what ive written, and prove your false implication with quotes.
And why is that?
Its because you can't argue with Truth, so you are left to make false accusations.
And you'll make more, as you know.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
All that God offers, so that by this offer, you can be restored to God's family, is Christ on the Cross.

The Devil has other offers, other religions, but mainly he wants to reinvent the Gospel of Grace, as the gospel of self saving.
He teaches it, and his owned, preach it.
You will notice in all their words that they do not give Jesus the credit due Christ alone for saving them and keeping them saved.

Here is how the deceived sound..

"Yes, of course Jesus saved me.....BUT......>NOW......I .. .have to.....do and do, and be careful to not do"... "and if i get all that right, i might be able to make it into heaven, if i work at it"

See that?
That "faith" is broken. That FAITH has no faith in CHRIST.
THat FAITH is all about SELF SAVING.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

= SALVATION
Paul isn't talking about individuals in Romans 11. He is talking about groups of people, i.e. Israel and Gentiles.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul isn't talking about individuals in Romans 11. He is talking about groups of people, i.e. Israel and Gentiles.

Paul is the "Gentile Apostle". And we are in the "time of the Gentiles".
So, Paul's Doctrine, is not directed at JEWS, or at The House of Israel, unless they are "Gentiles".
They are not.
So, Paul's theology, is for the Body of Christ, specifically.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That is correct. Does this God have a name Be?

He has a few.

When He became the God man....1 Timothy 3:16, His name is known as Emmanuel, or "God with us".
This is Jesus.
If you are talking about the OT as God the Father in Eternity, then "Lord", "Jehovah" or "Yahweh", or "I Am". are some of His Names.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JUDE is teaching that some of the Devil's workers teach that The Grace of God, if understood correctly, is "licence to sin".

In other words, they FLIPPED the Understanding of Grace, into the TWISTED IDEA that Grace, as it is, as it truly exists, is a licence to sin...which is the deception.

See that? They subverted the understanding of Grace, by perverting the way Paul and JUDE teach it, as a "Licence to Sin".
And by doing this, they enlist a person's self righteousness, that becomes their self saving belief. (Legalism)

They think, "oh, so Salvation, is all about SELF EFFORT"........and that is because the GRACE OF GOD, the correct understanding of it as a FREE GIFT, was subverted by some false teachers in Paul's Day, and this same assault on God's Grace still happens today, by people who do not understand the Garcd of God, and do not accept the Grace of God, and do NOT believe that CHRIST KEEPS YOU SAVED.
Jude is exhorting believers to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints (vs. 3) because certain ungodly men who have crept in unnoticed. Jude further describes these ungodly men as ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit. (vs. 19) In CONTRAST to those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and PRESERVED in Jesus Christ. (vs. 1) Psalm 37:28 - For the Lord loves justice, And does not forsake His saints; They are PRESERVED FOREVER, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul's Doctrine, is not directed at JEWS

Paul is a Jew of the tribe of Benjamin.

Paul's theology, is for the Body of Christ, specifically.

And the teachings of Paul are the teachings of the Lord (1 Corinthians 14:37) and are for anyone, wether Jew or Greek (Colossians 3:11), with ears to hear and a heart to believe.

Stop making superfluous unbiblical distinctions.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jude is exhorting believers to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints (vs. 3)

Jude further describes these ungodly men as ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit. (vs. 19)

In CONTRAST to those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and PRESERVED in Jesus Christ. (vs. 1)

It is very interesting that you left this out: