Romans 7

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In leau of the subject of nature's we have been discussing, I believe Romans 7 to be the most eye opening book in the bible.
Prerequisites to understanding Romans 7; I would point out that the believer also must keep in mind when studying Romans 7, that from the onset of creation you're Father's desire has been to have a nature to nature, face to face, one to one, relationship with His very own offspring.
This means there is a birthing relationship because nature only comes through a birthing.

Confirmation of this is: Hebrews 1:5
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

The last line declares and describes a nature to nature, face to face relationship.
I will be to him/her a Father, and he/she shall be to me a son/daughter.
Also look at John 3:6
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Ok with that in mind turn your bibles to Romans chapter 7 and read the first few verses.
It is quite obvious that a union was brought about by Adam sin.
That union was between the woman (soul-mind) and the husband (sin-nature), the scriptures call it a marriage.
Paul uses the law to show there is no change in the marriage relationship without a death.
If there was a death, the death of the old man (sin-nature) in this case, she (soul-mind) was free to marry another, even Christ.
It should be pointed out that a physical death did not separate the two.
It took a very special death to bring about the death and dissolve this Union, to Bringing about a brand new marriage Union Oneness nature to nature relationship.
So the old man is Dead, As Dead As Christ was dead on the cross.
So what is happening in the rest of Romans now Paul is describing the woman (soul mind) still dealing with the spooks of the past marriage relationship.
Many have dissected the book of Romans and many wonderful thoughts have come about, but the fact of the matter is Paul starts out telling us how to read the entire book of Romans 7.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
more perverse scripture interpretation there sleaze man?

In leau of the subject of nature's we have been discussing, I believe Romans 7 to be the most eye opening book in the bible.
Prerequisites to understanding Romans 7; I would point out that the believer also must keep in mind when studying Romans 7, that from the onset of creation you're Father's desire has been to have a nature to nature, face to face, one to one, relationship with His very own offspring.
This means there is a birthing relationship because nature only comes through a birthing.

Confirmation of this is: Hebrews 1:5
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

The last line declares and describes a nature to nature, face to face relationship.
I will be to him/her a Father, and he/she shall be to me a son/daughter.
Also look at John 3:6
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Ok with that in mind turn your bibles to Romans chapter 7 and read the first few verses.
It is quite obvious that a union was brought about by Adam sin.
That union was between the woman (soul-mind) and the husband (sin-nature), the scriptures call it a marriage.
Paul uses the law to show there is no change in the marriage relationship without a death.
If there was a death, the death of the old man (sin-nature) in this case, she (soul-mind) was free to marry another, even Christ.
It should be pointed out that a physical death did not separate the two.
It took a very special death to bring about the death and dissolve this Union, to Bringing about a brand new marriage Union Oneness nature to nature relationship.
So what is happening in the rest of Romans now Paul is describing the woman (soul mind) still dealing with the spooks of the past marriage relationship.
Many have dissected the book of Romans and many wonderful thoughts have come about, but the fact of the matter is Paul starts out telling us how to read the entire book of Romans 7.

Hebrews you use speaks of Jesus not you:

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; 4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. 5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

also your feminine agenda views of scripture shows here with your interjection of she and her with a miss information of the same scripture you reference:

"The last line declares and describes a nature to nature, face to face relationship.
I will be to him/her a Father, and he/she shall be to me a son/daughter."

which shows the heart of your beliefs.

your postings here are more and more of a bible misleading not a bible study.

the natures meaning human nature and God's nature do not meat face to face. one life (human nature) is replaced by another Life (Life of Christ, God's nature)

Luk_17:33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

look around you, man is removed from the face of the earth, in a gradual process of time. but the born again shall live for ever.

Reactions: Godssrvr

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in the rest of the entire Book, or just Romans 7, is what i was asking

Just Romans 7, Paul is looking now from the in Christ position to describe the old sin nature, which has been interpreted by many as still being the Christians nature, he is speaking retrospectively.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ok ty, i'll go check it out!
look around you, man is removed from the face of the earth, in a gradual process of time. but the born again shall live for ever.
what i read is that the evil pass away and are forgotten and not missed, while the faithful do not suffer this fate.

"all go to the same place."

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Marriage and divorce are used as a metaphor for freedom from the Law of Moses and Romans 7 informs us of what happens after belief in Jesus Christ.

A woman is bound to her husband by a covenant of marriage and if he dies, she is no longer in that covenant and if she leaves her husband while he is alive, she is an adulteress. Due to the body of Christ, the death of Jesus on the cross, there is a baptism into His death at the moment of salvation and being dead to the Law automatically follows with the marriage to the one who is raised from the dead, Romans 7:4, Jesus Christ.

The marriage of salvation, Ephesians 5:31 and you will no longer be bound by the Law, a new husband and a new Spirit is given, Romans 7:6.

The more effort put in trying to live pure and sinless is called self-righteousness, going back under the Law, first husband and sin will dominate, Romans 6:14. Law causes sin to abound, Romans 5:20. This is the spooks of the first husband, Law.

The Law of God is holy, just and good, Romans 7:12. As a new creation, it's delightful, Romans 7:22.

Reactions: Godssrvr

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just Romans 7, Paul is looking now from the in Christ position to describe the old sin nature, which has been interpreted by many as still being the Christians nature, he is speaking retrospectively.

Agree. I also believe he was referring to his old self when he was still 'under the law' and Roman's 8 coming into grace.
'Before and after.'

Reactions: soul man