Rosary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rosary has been a very powerful prayer for me and weapon against Satan, and no , the rosary is not just a Catholic devotion and I am not Catholic... Eastern Orthodox Churches pray the rosary and there are Protestants who go to the Marian pilgrimages to the shrines and pray the rosary as well. Marian devotion is not just Catholic.
https://www.christianheadlines.com/...ts-a-new-look-at-an-old-question-1318834.html

I argue that the rosary is not just a Catholic devotion." Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus" is a blessing of Mary and Jesus , and it is a direct quote from scripture.

All but two of the Mysteries of the 20 Mysteries of the Rosary are found in the Gospels. The rosary is a meditation on the Life, birth, ministry, death, and Ascension of Christ and The Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the apostles. It is like praying the gospels. With each decade there is a different mystery to meditate on, meditation of the Annunciation, the visitation, the birth of our Lord, the presentation of Christ to the temple, the finding of Christ at the temple, the baptism of Christ in the Jordan, the wedding at Cana, the proclamation of the kingdom of God, the Transfiguration, the institution of the Eucharist, the agony in the garden, the scourging at the pillar, the crowning with thorns, the carrying of the cross , the crucifixion, the Resurrection, the ascension, and the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles , are all mysteries of the Rosary, and are found in the gospel. The rosary is meditation on the gospel.

Scripture condemns vain repetition, but not all repetition is vain.
Revelation 4:8
And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, “Holy,holy,holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!”... In heaven, the same prayer is recited over and over and over again day and night. Scripture does not condemn repetition, it condemns vain repetition.

She was extremely helpful. Extremely helpful is an understatement. I had serious mommy issues because my mom was cheating on my dad when I was 4, and other things she did, and that damaged my views of women in general, and I badly needed a mother figure in my life, and the Virgin Mary was the perfect mom... I needed maternal nurturing and tenderness... Praying the rosary was the most healing spiritual practice I've ever indulged in.

And no, I'm not trying to convert anybody to Catholicism or say anybody should indulge in any practice that they find makes them uncomfortable.

I'm saying we should not condemn one of the many methods that God uses to give grace to the Earth which can be healing medicine for many people and a remedy for our ills.

The Old Testament speaks against mediums, summoning Spirits from the underworld, fortune-telling, magic, and sorcery. Those are all powers of the occult that should be avoided. The Old Testament does not condemn the Rosary, or invoking souls in heaven, but rather condemns the use of the forces of Darkness and summoning Spirits from Sheol.

Even if the Old Testament condemned the act of invoking the host of Heaven, which it does not, that would not necessarily mean it is forbidden, because much of what was forbidden in the Old Testament was no longer forbidden for Christians

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not arguing...but I prefer to listen to what the Holy Spirit prompts me to pray, and who to pray for.

But, that said...bless you in whatever keeps you focussed on Jesus and the things of God's Kingdom. :)

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not arguing...but I prefer to listen to what the Holy Spirit prompts me to pray, and who to pray for.

But, that said...bless you in whatever keeps you focussed on Jesus and the things of God's Kingdom. :)
Pray for my poor soul! My name is Matt.
I was wearing a Carmelite scapular and Miraculous Medal when I jumped off a building. I didn't want to live anymore. I broke my pelvis, broke my ribs, broke my arm, broke my back in two places, tore up my knees, had a concussion and head injury.... I believe the Blessed Mother's intercession saved my life, and the rosary brought me much consolation while I was in a wheelchair in the psych ward.

By the grace of God I can walk again.

I have a history of mental and emotional illness. I humbly beg for your prayers

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you enjoy singing worship songs?

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was wearing a Carmelite scapular and Miraculous Medal when I jumped off a building. I didn't want to live anymore. I broke my pelvis, broke my ribs, broke my arm, broke my back in two places, tore up my knees, had a concussion and head injury.... I believe the Blessed Mother's intercession saved my life, and the rosary brought me much consolation while I was in a wheelchair in the psych ward.

Ouch Matt. Painful testimony ...but amen, God has you still here for a reason.
I don't think that I ever formally welcomed you to this Forum Site.
We have some good people who really do pray her..they don't just say "amen" and then forget to pray.
There are probably others too, but I don't know of them.
@amadeus @pia @truthquest @Butterfly and probably others too.
For sure we will pray with and for you.
My husband and I always pray together at night, so we will put you on our prayer list for sure.
God bless your heart and may the healing stripes of Jesus touch your body, soul, and spirit and restore you.
I am glad to hear that restoration is already taking place.

My best friend tried to commit suicide twice. So I am aware just how far the dark thoughts and emotions of the Enemy try to bring a person down to death, believing that there is no way out.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Matt...
Bless you...Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you enjoy singing worship songs?

Not sure if this was written to Matt or me...Good reminder Aspen...YES, love singing.
I don't have a lovely voice, but I am sure God doesn't mind that, He gave it to me. :)

When ever my husband and I are cooking our meal we put on worship song and sing along with them.
Praise brings down the 'prison walls' of the Enemy.
Paul and Silas in Acts 16:25- "At midnight"..no worse spiritual time in our lives as the dark midnight hour in our life. The Devil hates our worship to God.
@Trump0101 Aspen has a very valuable thought here...Add praise to your rosary and prayers. It too will lift your soul and bring light and life to you. :)

God bless...H

Reactions: Trump0101

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure if this was written to Matt or me...Good reminder Aspen...YES, love singing.
I don't have a lovely voice, but I am sure God doesn't mind that, He gave it to me. :)

When ever my husband and I are cooking our meal we put on worship song and sing along with them.
Praise brings down the 'prison walls' of the Enemy.
Paul and Silas in Acts 16:25- "At midnight"..no worse spiritual time in our lives as the dark midnight hour in our life. The Devil hates our worship to God.
@Trump0101 Aspen has a very valuable thought here...Add praise to your rosary and prayers. It too will lift your soul and bring light and life to you. :)

God bless...H
Yes, I'm trying to praise God in my darkest moments as a weapon against despair

B

Butterfly

Hi Matt,
Much love as you deal with the mental onslaught and dark moments - I have dealt with depression and mental mind games, but never been suicidal- however three of my children have attempted to take their own lives. Two have found ways through , but my youngest is not ' safe ' - he suffers with agrophobia, social anxiety and often gets suicidal thoughts, he also self harms. My children do not know the Lord - but I still believe the Lord has kept them safe. One by one I have had to give them to Lord for his care as I simply cannot solve the issues they have. God released me from the darkness that was within my own mind - but that took years of counselling from the Holy Spirit.
God is in the business of inner healing, but sometimes we do not know or comprehend what he is doing within us - for me , well I had to go back to the root of the problems and allow old wounds to be re opened, allow things to surface and work through it all. I journalled, prayed, listened ect - then eventually I wrote all the emotions, all the things that had impacted me on a brick ( that's another story ) and sat down one night, and gave them all to the Lord. I woke up the next day , the constant mind games had gone- it wasn't dramatic, just noticed that my mind was clearer.
My journey started with Jesus asking me one question ' do you want to be healed ' - I had spent years talking to people, seeking help in all the wrong places, including other Christians. My answer was Yes , but his way of healing was not instant - it took ten years, but I look back and realise that the Lord knew what I could cope with and at what pace, as a family we went through many trials, but I can see how God has used it all to speak into my own heart - I have to cling on to Jesus with all that my sons illness brings - may you know, even in the dark days, that Jesus never leaves or forsakes you. Sometimes all we can do is let him hold us through those moments. Your life is precious, valuable - You are relevant, you matter- your testimony is so important xxxxxx
My son does not feel relevant, valuable, precious at times , if only he truly knew his worth - he is all those things to me, his brothers and sister, friends- and most importantly , to Jesus.
Sorry for the long post, it just seemed relevant to share X
Butterfly

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Matt,
Much love as you deal with the mental onslaught and dark moments - I have dealt with depression and mental mind games, but never been suicidal- however three of my children have attempted to take their own lives. Two have found ways through , but my youngest is not ' safe ' - he suffers with agrophobia, social anxiety and often gets suicidal thoughts, he also self harms. My children do not know the Lord - but I still believe the Lord has kept them safe. One by one I have had to give them to Lord for his care as I simply cannot solve the issues they have. God released me from the darkness that was within my own mind - but that took years of counselling from the Holy Spirit.
God is in the business of inner healing, but sometimes we do not know or comprehend what he is doing within us - for me , well I had to go back to the root of the problems and allow old wounds to be re opened, allow things to surface and work through it all. I journalled, prayed, listened ect - then eventually I wrote all the emotions, all the things that had impacted me on a brick ( that's another story ) and sat down one night, and gave them all to the Lord. I woke up the next day , the constant mind games had gone- it wasn't dramatic, just noticed that my mind was clearer.
My journey started with Jesus asking me one question ' do you want to be healed ' - I had spent years talking to people, seeking help in all the wrong places, including other Christians. My answer was Yes , but his way of healing was not instant - it took ten years, but I look back and realise that the Lord knew what I could cope with and at what pace, as a family we went through many trials, but I can see how God has used it all to speak into my own heart - I have to cling on to Jesus with all that my sons illness brings - may you know, even in the dark days, that Jesus never leaves or forsakes you. Sometimes all we can do is let him hold us through those moments. Your life is precious, valuable - You are relevant, you matter- your testimony is so important xxxxxx
My son does not feel relevant, valuable, precious at times , if only he truly knew his worth - he is all those things to me, his brothers and sister, friends- and most importantly , to Jesus.
Sorry for the long post, it just seemed relevant to share X
Butterfly
Thank you very much for sharing, I said a prayer for your children

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The enemy is a common one. Satan is an equal opportunity hater. He wants to kill you regardless of what you believe.

Jesus came and got me, not His mom. So I pray to Him.

The largest revelation upon being saved aside from finding God, was that He REALLY loves me.

That the little voice I'd always listened to was not my thoughts but the red guy's! It was a shock! I was hunting across the river from my house after I was saved and that nasty little voice said "why don't you put that gun barrel under your chin and pull the trigger".

Scared me to no end. I wanted to throw ALL my guns away. But the Holy Spirit taught me how to take authority over him.

Sorry for your past miseries but let the soothing, healing anointing oil of God's Holy Spirit flow over you and heal inside and out.

You cannot imagine the love there for you. No matter what you've suffered Jesus suffered more. Loneliness? Jesus is a man of sorrows and well acquainted with grief. He listens to a constant roar of pleas and cries arising from earth every day 24/7 and hears every single one clearly. Yours included.

He's for you. So are we! Draw closer to Him and ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit. Then you will understand the verse "but you shall receive power AFTER the Holy Spirit comes upon you."

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit Romans 15:13

Last edited:

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason Marian devotion is so popular is because of the Miracles that are linked to it. This miracle was promised in advance and witnessed by up to 70,000 people, many of them Communists and Freemasons who converted over it.

The Seers also predicted the coming of World War 2 and the rise of Communism in Russia and the spread of Communism throughout the world
Miracle of the Sun - Wikipedia

The apparitions were also witnessed by President Gamal Abdel Nasser,[5] and captured by newspaper photographers and Egyptian television. Investigations performed by the police could find no explanation for the phenomenon. No device was found within a radius of fifteen miles capable of projecting the image, while the sheer number of photographs from independent sources suggests that no photographic manipulation was involved. Having been unable to produce an alternative explanation for the luminous sightings, the Egyptian government accepted the apparitions as true.[6]

Our Lady of Zeitoun - Wikipedia

The Lady of Guadalupe image was left on Juan Diego's tilma. Scientists cannot determine how the image got there and it was definitely not a painting. The miraculous image led to the conversion of the Aztecs and South America
Our Lady of Guadalupe - Wikipedia

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matt, my heart goes out to you and I'll be praying for you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Trump0101

Give God the glory for your miraculous if painful experience. I am joining here in prayer for you as well.