Russia, Iran, Sudan, & Libya ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, Iran is in the news. Russia's been there, Lybia's been there, and Sudan hasn't. So why is it important to Christians now that Iran is in the spot light?

I don't know how many people are aware that Russia and Iran have a Mutual Defense Treaty, which stipulates that if one is attacked, the other must come to their assistance. It's not much different than the AXIS treaties between Germany, Italy, and Japan, -- so when the U.S. declared War on Japan in 1941 (Dec. 8th), within a few days Germany declared War on the United States (Dec. 11th).

But what happened in WWII was an anomaly. Mutual Defense Treaties are not invoked if their participants attack another country, but merely if another country attacks them.

So now that we should expect that the U.S. will take some type of assertive action, it will be interesting to see exactly how Russia rationalizes their coming to the "defense" of Iran.

Dan. 11:40 “At the time of the end the king of the south [the U.S. and her allies] shall thrust at him [?Iran?]; but the king of the north [Russia] shall rush upon him like a whirlwind, with chariots and horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall come into countries and shall overflow and pass through. 41 He shall come into the glorious land. And tens of thousands shall fall, but these shall be delivered out of his hand: Edom and Moab and the main part of the Ammonites. 42 He shall stretch out his hand against the countries, and the land of Egypt shall not escape. 43 He shall become ruler of the treasures of gold and of silver, and all the precious things of Egypt; and the Libyans and the Ethiopians [ancient "Ethiopia" included SUDAN] shall follow in his train.

And of course you can read a parallel depiction of this event in Ezekiel 38 & 39. But let's not forget CHINA:

Dan. 11:44 But tidings from the east [China] and the north [dissent within Russia] shall alarm him, and he shall go forth with great fury to exterminate and utterly destroy many.

Then finally the U.N. will come on scene:

Dan. 11:45 And he [the U.N.] shall pitch his palatial tents between the sea and the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, with none to help him.

Isn't Bible Prophecy fascinating? And we're watching it live on TV!
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah, Iran is in the news. Russia's been there, Lybia's been there, and Sudan hasn't. So why is it important to Christians now that Iran is in the spot light?

I don't know how many people are aware that Russia and Iran have a Mutual Defense Treaty, which stipulates that if one is attacked, the other must come to their assistance. It's not much different that the AXIS treaties between Germany, Italy, and Japan, -- so when the U.S. declared War on Japan in 1941 (Dec. 8th), within a few days Germany declared War on the United States (Dec. 11th).

But what happened in WWII was an anomaly. Mutual Defense Treaties are not invoked if their participants attack another country, but merely if another country attacks them.

So now that we should expect that the U.S. will take some type of assertive action, it will be interesting to see exactly how Russia rationalizes their coming to the "defense" of Iran.

Dan. 11:40 “At the time of the end the king of the south [the U.S. and her allies] shall thrust at him [?Iran?]; but the king of the north [Russia] shall rush upon him like a whirlwind, with chariots and horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall come into countries and shall overflow and pass through. 41 He shall come into the glorious land. And tens of thousands shall fall, but these shall be delivered out of his hand: Edom and Moab and the main part of the Ammonites. 42 He shall stretch out his hand against the countries, and the land of Egypt shall not escape. 43 He shall become ruler of the treasures of gold and of silver, and all the precious things of Egypt; and the Libyans and the Ethiopians [ancient "Ethiopia" included SUDAN] shall follow in his train.

And of course you can read a parallel depiction of this event in Ezekiel 38 & 39. But let's not forget CHINA:

Dan. 11:44 But tidings from the east [China] and the north [dissent within Russia] shall alarm him, and he shall go forth with great fury to exterminate and utterly destroy many.

Then finally the U.N. will come on scene:

Dan. 11:45 And he [the U.N.] shall pitch his palatial tents between the sea and the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, with none to help him.

Isn't Bible Prophecy fascinating? And we're watching it live on TV!
Bobby Jo

I like the general thrust of your argument, but I fear that the actual prophecy does not support your POV.

Shalom

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I fear that the actual prophecy does not support your POV.

Shalom

Please rest assured that although the VAST majority of "commentators" disobey the angel's instructions in 12:4 & 9, Daniel's Chapters 7, 8, 9, & 11 are for the 1900's (and into the 2,000's), -- not ANCIENT ERAS. So either come up to speed, -- or remain in the dark. We all make choices.

Bobby Jo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please rest assured that although the VAST majority of "commentators" disobey the angel's instructions in 12:4 & 9, Daniel's Chapters 7, 8, 9, & 11 are for the 1900's (and into the 2,000's), -- not ANCIENT ERAS. So either come up to speed, -- or remain in the dark. We all make choices.

Bobby Jo

Daniel. 7. spans a period of around 3,500 + years.
Daniel.8. spans a period of around 2,500 + years
Daniel.9:24-27 spans a period of around 3,500+ years, and
Daniel.10-12 spans a period of around 3,500+ years.

In a way, you are right in that all of these prophecies are applicable to this present time in which we live.

Now, answer me this since you give the impression that you are up to speed on these prophecies.

Who or what are the Beasts of Daniel.7?

Shalom

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because, Trump needs a reason to remain in the White House in order to stay out of jail! And if he can go to war and avoid elections indefinitely, many Christians can continue their delusion that our civilization is being destroyed, not do to despotism, corruption, and incompetence, but prophecy!

Praise God!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because, Trump needs a reason to remain in the White House in order to stay out of jail! And if he can go to war and avoid elections indefinitely, many Christians can continue their delusion that our civilization is being destroyed, not do to despotism, corruption, and incompetence, but prophecy!

Praise God!

Please stop drinking the Kool-Aid. You don't have any brain cells to spare.

The fact is, this conflagration will end with Israel using nuclear weapons over the region of Megiddo to defend against the armies marching toward it's Capital. Please note that Israel CANNOT attack the invading armies in the approach countries, because it would create international condemnation. So they'll have to wait until they can deploy their weapons over their own territory.

And because this will blow up in Trump's face, he will not be re-elected. A Democrat will succeed him, and that Democrat will turn the U.S. Sovereignty over to the United Nations. And of course, that will result in Global Thermonuclear War. So save whatever Kool-Aid you have for 2021.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel. 7. spans a period of around 3,500 + years.
Daniel.8. spans a period of around 2,500 + years
Daniel.9:24-27 spans a period of around 3,500+ years, and
Daniel.10-12 spans a period of around 3,500+ years.

In a way, you are right in that all of these prophecies are applicable to this present time in which we live.

Now, answer me this since you give the impression that you are up to speed on these prophecies.

Who or what are the Beasts of Daniel.7?

Shalom

Let's start at the beginning, and see where we end up:

Dan. 2 is interpreted as:
1. Gold, Babylonian
2. Silver, Medo/Persian
3. Bronze, Grecian

4.a. Roman, Iron
4.b. Revived Roman, Clay with residue of Iron

Of course, this can't be true, because the Feet of Clay is called a "Divided KINGDOM". Thus there MUST be FIVE separate and distinct world Empires.

FURTHERMORE, Verse 45 provides the sequence: Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE. Coincidence? NO. -- Historical FACT!

Yeah, you have the answers, so long as you discard those Verses which contradict your doctrines. But if you INCLUDE those verses, can you STILL get to where you pretend? -- I THINK NOT.

But because you assert "expertise", if you have a different explanation for Verse 45 which doesn't include an assertion that the sequence was RANDOM, or GOD was DISTRACTED, or that THE SEQUENCE IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE, -- I'd love to hear it. :)

Bobby Jo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let's start at the beginning, and see where we end up at:

Dan. 2 is interpreted as:
1. Gold, Babylonian
2. Silver, Medo/Persian
3. Bronze, Grecian

4.a. Roman, Iron
4.b. Revived Roman, Clay with residue of Iron

Of course, this can't be true, because the Feet of Clay is called a "Divided KINGDOM". Thus there MUST be FIVE separate and distinct world Empires.

FURTHERMORE, Verse 45 provides the sequence: Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE. Coincidence? NO. -- Historical FACT!

Yeah, you have the answers, so long as you discard those Verses which contradict your doctrines. But if you INCLUDE those verses, can you STILL get to where you pretend? -- I THINK NOT.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo, in the post that you quoted, I asked you a question "Who or what are the Beasts of Daniel.7?" which you did not answer in your reply to my post.

You framed your response around the Dan.2 statue prophecy where you listed the first three segments dominions over the land of Babylon correctly and which are confirmed in scripture. The first segment is confirmed in Dan.2:38 as being King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, and in verse 39 we are told that two further kings/kingdoms will have dominion over the land of Babylon in quick succession and in Dan.8 we are told that they are the Mede Persian Kingdom, which is then overrun by the Greek Empire, initially under the leadership of Alexandra the Great. Daniel in his prophetic book also confirms that the Medes/Persians gain dominion over the land of Babylon in chapter 8:31.

The Dan.2 statue account then continues to tell us that their will be a further two segments to the statue but it provides no clues who will hold this dominion over the land of Babylon.

Jer.50-51 gives us a clue that a coalition of nations from all over the world will enter into the Land of Babylon lead by a new king of the north and that these kings will try and heal the land.

In Dan.2 we are told that during the time of these kings of the fifth segment that God will establish Hi Everlasting Kingdom.

Rev.16:17-21 can be used to indicate who the fourth segment of the Statue will be and its time frame of this present recent time rules out the Roman Empire, since the division of the Greek Empire that had assumed control over the Land of Babylon, devastated and desolated the land of Babylon and for a period of around 2,000 years it remains unoccupied as a barren land. The devastation and desolation of the Land of Babylon happened before the Roman Empire rose to prominence as a world power.

If we consider world history after WW1, we can see that the Land of Babylon and it king over the land come into view once more for God's wrath to be once more directed towards it.

History also confirms who the nations of Jer.50-51 are as the Coalition of the Willing who entered Babylon to heal the land instead of bring destruction upon it.

Now if you are an honest member of this forum, you will provide your understanding of who or what the Beasts of Daniel.7 are.

I await your learned response without bias.

Shalom

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Iran, Persia? The silver? I would like to understand this more. And about the bear...Russia. Iran interests me since I read somewhere on here about how Iran is Persia. Do I understand that right? Watching all of this prophecy happening, I don't exactly know what is happening. I just am trying to decide if there is anything I can do now for my family and for those I know. I know telling others about Christ...but how do you prepare for a thermonuclear war. Ask God to let us die without pain if it is His will?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Iran, Persia? The silver? I would like to understand this more. And about the bear...Russia. Iran interests me since I read somewhere on here about how Iran is Persia. Do I understand that right? Watching all of this prophecy happening, I don't exactly know what is happening. I just am trying to decide if there is anything I can do now for my family and for those I know. I know telling others about Christ...but how do you prepare for a thermonuclear war. Ask God to let us die without pain if it is His will?
The Ezekiel 38 War and the Battle of Armageddon

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The fact is, this conflagration will end with Israel using nuclear weapons over the region of Megiddo to defend against the armies marching toward it's Capital. Please note that Israel CANNOT attack the invading armies in the approach countries, because it would create international condemnation. So they'll have to wait until they can deploy their weapons over their own territory.

And because this will blow up in Trump's face, he will not be re-elected. A Democrat will succeed him, and that Democrat will turn the U.S. Sovereignty over to the United Nations. And of course, that will result in Global Thermonuclear War. So save whatever Kool-Aid you have for 2021.

Bobby Jo

Ah.... yes
The best conspiracy theories have all their bases covered
As long as it ends in fire and brimstone, due to the evil democrats
30 thousand different scenarios are all valid

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best conspiracy theories ...

Isn't it interesting that those who either don't understand or don't believe Biblical Prophecies have their default accusations against those who not only understand, but APPRECIATE what GOD provides to the Believers.

My gain, their loss,
Bobby Jo

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it interesting that those who either don't understand or don't believe Biblical Prophecies have their default accusations against those who not only understand, but APPRECIATE what GOD provides to the Believers.

My gain, their loss,
Bobby Jo

Not really....

It is just that Christian Fatalism is an oxymoron, contrary to the gospel and totally opposed to our call to love God, neighbor and the creation He called us to tend.

It is like an NFL team throwing the season so they can get a better draft pick.
It is like a field hospital saving their own skins rather than healing the wounded during a perceived defeat.

As far as your understanding of prophecy, it is all guesswork, untestable, and totally adjustable to any outcome. Also, the only part that you guys actually agree upon is that God wins and the bloodier the better!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Bobby Jo
No one will take on the State of Israel, not even the USA, as Israel owns the USA and the USA is it's piss boy and so is Russia.
The State of Israel does what it want's with the USA and the majority are that stupid that they don't even know it.
We hear all this crap harping on about USA and Russia with Trump and Putin gibberish that adds up to nothing worth talking about, but on the other hand the majority can't see the elephant in the room that has a finger in the pie of all and does what it wants regardless and the majority are non the wiser, because the Talmud Jews own all the Media and will only tell the people what they want you to hear.

Hey Obama gave how much cash to Iran, why ? to help them finance a war against the State of Israel or attacks on who ever. Obama should of been taken out and hung for being a traitor to the USA for doing that alone. why not give it to black America needy to help them out would of been much better. but no he gave this to help an enemy of the USA out. let alone the USA should not be giving money out to any Nation because it's truly bankrupt, now how did it end up as such ? is what the people of USA should know, but the majority do not care because they are totally ignorant, due to the cunning of the Media and many traitors in government in both major Party's who are taking the people for fools and just look at all the bastards feathering their own nest or supporting low life degenerates and hammering hardworking class on all fronts as the real rich are least taxed in it's history.

All Wars are created and if you bother to look you will find out why it was wished for or helped along.
Jesus Christ point such people out for who they truly are, they are of their father the Devil.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Mayflower,

First of all, you should understand that GOD has laid out the History of the world in HIS Word, -- before it happens! HE wants his Children to not only see HIS hand control the affairs of men, but to also prepare HIS Children, and their families, friends, & acquaintances so that NONE would suffer loss:

1 Thess. 5:2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief. 5 For you are all sons of light and sons of the day; we are not of the night or of darkness.

But unfortunately, where the angel tells Daniel that his prophecies are "shut up and sealed until the time of the end" (approximate to 1948), the commentators DISOBEYED the angel and assigned ancient fulfillments. And so when you listen to a "pastor" or "teacher" or "prophecy expert" he's simply repeating the lies of the commentators.

As explained in Post #7, Scripture is SIMPLE if you just follow what it says. And without going into a verse by verse, word by word, dissertation (which I'm MORE than able to provide), I hope you'll allow me to simply suggest for now that you pray about what you should do given that we should expect that without the "mark of the beast" (anticipated in the Spring of 2021 per my best understanding) you won't be able to "buy or sell". And should you think about access to water (preferably NOT surface water, but an underground source), food, shelter, and necessities? Do you have family in a remote location where you could prepare accommodations for yourself and your family? If not, can YOU make those provisions?

And it's not just a ~6 month duration where you won't be able to "buy or sell", but also during the global thermonuclear war in the Fall of 2021 (per my best understanding). Thus you should plan on approximately ~1 year of necessities.

Yeah, there are people that say "no man knows the day or the hour", with the implication that we can't know the: week; month; season; year (1); decade (10); score (20); century (100); daytona (500); or millennia (1,000). But they're liars. Scripture merely says "day or hour", because when Jesus returns HE will come during a multi-day feast, and we can only know the FEAST. -- We can't know WHICH Day or Hour during that Feast, but we can know the Feast. (Please note that I'm not concerned with knowing the Feast. I'm content simply knowing the year and season, within a month.)

And one last thing, -- a LOT of people say that they'll paint a target on their shirt, or that they will "run toward the light", or some such nonsense. But we're created for LIFE, not death. As such, if we prepare now for those imponderables we will face, it will be much easier to survive. If we don't prepare in advance, it will be much more difficult to survive:

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

With Very Best Regards, -- and please let me know what other questions you may have! :)
Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... it is all guesswork, untestable, and totally adjustable to any outcome. ...
Yeah, you're right. Ignore EVERYTHING I SAID. There's nothing you need to worry about. -- Just keep repeating it to yourself.

1 Thess. 5:2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape.

No Worries,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A recent news article said Russia is in Libya (Put) influencing that nation.

Of course! Russia is a "disrupter" nation. You're most likely not aware that during WWII Japan had the three "ALLS". Steal ALL, Kill ALL, Burn ALL. And we see in Daniel Chapter 10 where spiritual forces withstand GOD's purposes, including Russia, Iran, Lybia, & Sudan. But China will muster it's 200M man army (only ~20M under arms, and the ~180M doing food, fuel, vehicles, communications, etc. logistics) and will "spank" Russia and her allies.

But let's not forget that Israel cannot preemptively use nuclear weapons over neighboring countries to disrupt the armies marching against her. She'll have to wait until those armies are in Israel (near Megiddo) to strike down both men and machines.

And I expect events to unfold within the next few weeks/few months.

Bobby Jo

Last edited: