Sabbath 6-14-14 Daytona Seventh Day BAPTIST Pastor Wray = The Purpose of My Life Part 1 = I Peter 2;2-3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sabbath 6-14-14 Daytona Seventh Day BAPTIST Pastor Wray = The Purpose of My Life Part 1 = I Peter 2;2-3

We need to choose to change and grow in a spiritual maturity and knowledge of the Lord. Believers are to mature and to grow spiritually. When they do, they will begin to live more satisfied, changed lives. God is in the life changing business! Many come to Christ but do not do any spiritual growing and/or do not understand what the will of God is for their life. If you want to read about the purpose of life then read I Peter 2:2 up to II Peter 3:18.

*** There Are Many Misconceptions About Spiritual Growth:

1. Spiritual Growth is automatic and instantaneous

2. We will receive spiritual blessings all at once because we think once saved we are fully equipped. We do not think we need to be taught. We do not think we are spiritual babies that need to learn.

3. Spiritual Growth gauges God’s love for us. This is NOT true because God’s love is NOT dependent on whether we are spiritual growing or not. God loved us when we were sinners so this is NOT true. God loves us whether we are good or bad. To have God’s blessings, we must live in His will, be obedient to Him and be filled with the Holy Spirit. God’s love means He will continue to do the best for us.

4. Spiritual Growth is continuous over long periods of time. Many Christians have been saved a long time, but they have grown very little. Then there are some that have been saved a short time, but grow spiritually rapidly. These are the ones who have been saved just a year and are already teaching Sabbath school.

5. Spiritual Maturity is about how much you know. This is NOT true. It is NOT how much you know but what you do with what you know. It is better to know one thing, know it well, do it well then to know a whole lot and do nothing!

6. Spiritual Growth is all about being active in the church. Spiritual Mature believers ought to be active in their local church. However, one can be sooo...busy in the church and not spiritually growing. In Matthew 7:22-23, Jesus said, “Many will say Lord, Lord, have we not prophesized in thy name and done many works in thy name? And Jesus will say depart from me ye that work iniquity”. Some think that if they are busy enough in the church that they are growing spiritually. This is NOT true. Being busy in church does NOT guarantee your salvation and definitely NOT your spiritual growth. Being busy and working is NOT what it is all about.

7. Many think prosperity is a sign of one having spiritual growth. Material possessions are NOT an indication of spiritual growth. Prosperity is NOT a sign of special favor from God. This is NOT true no matter how many preachers on TV or radio say by sending them some money, God will bless you. Prosperity cannot be used as a test of your relationship with God.

*** What then is Spiritual Maturity?

Spiritual Maturity is not some mystical or devotional feeling. Spiritual Growth and Maturity is matching my practice with my position. If I am saved and a Child of God then I am complete and have everything I need to live for the Lord. I can live a life that will glorify my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. Spiritual Maturity is putting into practice the principles of God’s Word. You can put the principles into practice and do them. It is a matter of willing yourself to do what God wants. It is a matter of commitment. It is a matter of Faith. It is a matter of trusting God and letting Him direct our lives. It is doing what He says willingly and obediently.

Growing in Christ and growing spiritually is a matter of exercising ones will to do what God commands. It is about willing ourselves to obey the Lord God Almighty! In Phil 4:13 it says, “We can do all things through Christ which strengthens us”. If we are committed, we can spiritually grow in Christ. We can live a wonderful life serving our God. If we want to, then we can do it! We can do all thing thru Christ!!

AMEN